Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2022, 10:22 PM

21,709 posts, read 31,390,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Lamont should win easily over Stefanowski. I also don't see a likely house cleaning of Connecticut's US congressional representatives in the November election. This is not because everyone is happy with who we are sending to Washington DC. It's largely due to the fact that the Republicans fail to run candidates that anyone has ever even heard of if they run anyone at all.
To your last point, that’s because Connecticut has gone so far left overall that even a moderate conservative in CT has become a rarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2022, 05:14 PM

154 posts, read 79,832 times
Lamont is favored to win but I think it will be a close race and the Democrat party is very toxic right now. Bob Stefanowski is not a great candidate but I think anybody is better than Lamont. We need a leader that will shake things up in Hartford. A fresh face with a business background and not a typical politician.
Lamont will just follow his talking points from the DNC and run Connecticut further down the drain. Republicans had a huge victory in Virginia Governor's race and almost won NJ. Connecticut is a very blue state and over 40 years of Democrat control have done serious damage. We are a sanctuary state and our largest cities are being destroyed. Too many handouts and free rides given out by a poorly run legislature keen on destroying our state.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:13 PM

816 posts, read 481,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
Lamont is favored to win but I think it will be a close race and the Democrat party is very toxic right now. Bob Stefanowski is not a great candidate but I think anybody is better than Lamont. We need a leader that will shake things up in Hartford. A fresh face with a business background and not a typical politician.
Lamont will just follow his talking points from the DNC and run Connecticut further down the drain. Republicans had a huge victory in Virginia Governor's race and almost won NJ. Connecticut is a very blue state and over 40 years of Democrat control have done serious damage. We are a sanctuary state and our largest cities are being destroyed. Too many handouts and free rides given out by a poorly run legislature keen on destroying our state.
>> A fresh face with a business background

Gov Lamont was more successful than Stefanowski in the private sector and is doing as good as a job as one can with a highly unionized workforce (i.e. lots of contracts) managing talent/bureaucracy. Lamont has a lot more private sector experience than your typical Dem politician and has an earnest style to him that folks like.

Stefanowski would be a disaster for this state.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:59 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,989,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
I think it's more important to have major changes in the composition of the legislature than to replace the governor. The legislature is an abomination that continues its assault on the suburban communities of the state.

Old 04-16-2022, 02:29 PM

154 posts, read 79,832 times
Connecticut needs change. One party rule is not working. The Democrats have ruined this state with poor leadership and policies. Lamont is a novice politician at best. The legislature needs to be shaken up. Stefanowski will bring some change and conflict that is needed. He might not be the perfect candidate but he is only option against Lamont. CT needs tax cuts and new policies going forward. We are turning into a complete welfare give away state. Many people have left this state due to the crazy taxes and government control. This election year will be bad for democrats all over the country including Connecticut.

Last edited by JayCT; 04-16-2022 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: Removed off topic comment

Old 04-17-2022, 06:08 AM

34,201 posts, read 17,278,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Everyone here seems to be drooling over Ned, but he’s the one who signed the damaging Police Accountability Bill when polls showed the majority in CT did not wish for that to be signed. He’s also the one who will quite possibly sign the Zoning bill.

He showed the state’s residents he cares more about falling in step with his national party over the wants and needs of his own voters. We’ll see how the zoning bill plays out, but he hasn’t exactly been advocating against it because, party loyalty and all.

There was nowhere to go after Malloy but up. Lamont ain’t that great.
Lamont is not great, but Ct is anti LEO, anti accountability for criminals.

I think that will last another 1-2 years, until we are tested by a self defense incident (which will have libs drooling over the assailant, of course).

Old 04-17-2022, 06:11 AM

34,201 posts, read 17,278,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don’t buy this, not for a second. Well before covid struck Connecticut, as much as two months before it became widespread in the state, Democratic politicians in California were speaking out against the President’s travel ban by encouraging their residents to go out and about. Their politicians knew about it. Connecticut’s politicians knew about and were silent. Party loyalty is what killed people - not ignorance.
DeBlasio was saying "Visit Chinatown" mid March, 2020. Nothing but crickets from Ct pols towards death-inducing NY policies.

The tri-state covid death toll rose sharply by being "party first", not "people first". Send covid patients back to nursing homes! DUH!

Old 04-17-2022, 09:57 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,971,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
DeBlasio was saying "Visit Chinatown" mid March, 2020. Nothing but crickets from Ct pols towards death-inducing NY policies.

The tri-state covid death toll rose sharply by being "party first", not "people first". Send covid patients back to nursing homes! DUH!
What I don't understand is that residents of CT and many NYers fleeing to Fairfield County and other 'safer' locations see what is happening in NYC and how it came about (DeBlasio Admin) yet are willing to vote for politicians with a similar agenda (Democrats) in CT? It's really unfortunate.

To be fair, CT Republicans have consistently self-sabatoged their chances of winning statewide races by nominating hard right/Trumpist/Unelectable candidates who have gone down in flames even against floundering candidates like Malloy. There is no shortage of excellent, Centrists Republicans in CT, however, they don't manage to get through the primaries or are discouraged from stepping up altogether.

Unfortunately, after Baker's departure, MA GOP is headed in that same direction. While I'll remain, a registered Republican, MA GOP won't see a dime from me. It's well past time for us to move on from Trumpist and hard right social conservatives. This is the Northeast, we need pragmatic, centrist Republicans, otherwise, the slide towards irrelevance will continue -- look at CA GOP as a dire future scenario.

Old 04-17-2022, 05:12 PM

35,158 posts, read 57,317,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
What I don't understand is that residents of CT and many NYers fleeing to Fairfield County and other 'safer' locations see what is happening in NYC and how it came about (DeBlasio Admin) yet are willing to vote for politicians with a similar agenda (Democrats) in CT? It's really unfortunate.

To be fair, CT Republicans have consistently self-sabatoged their chances of winning statewide races by nominating hard right/Trumpist/Unelectable candidates who have gone down in flames even against floundering candidates like Malloy. There is no shortage of excellent, Centrists Republicans in CT, however, they don't manage to get through the primaries or are discouraged from stepping up altogether.

Unfortunately, after Baker's departure, MA GOP is headed in that same direction. While I'll remain, a registered Republican, MA GOP won't see a dime from me. It's well past time for us to move on from Trumpist and hard right social conservatives. This is the Northeast, we need pragmatic, centrist Republicans, otherwise, the slide towards irrelevance will continue -- look at CA GOP as a dire future scenario.
It’s not like the Republican Party (which like you, I am a very disillusioned one) has any great leaders to follow. We have a whole thread on how the Republican Party has failed our state (Weicker’s income tax, Rowland corruption and Rell’s massive borrowing). It’s kind of hard to vote for a party that nominates unelectable candidates like Tom Foley twice and Bob Stefanowski and Joe Markley. They couldn’t even nominate a candidate that could beat the most unpopular Governor in the country, Dan Malloy. And don’t get me started on the lying hypocritical buffoons on the national level (it’s off topic anyways).

KI’m sorry but I vote for the best candidate for the office. I don’t vote along party lines. No one should. Unfortunately there are too many that do. And that is why we have the sharp divide our country has and will have as long as voters blindly believe their party is great no matter what. Guess what, they aren’t and only a fool blindly believes in only one party. Jay

Old 04-17-2022, 05:29 PM

53 posts, read 57,679 times
I guess if you believe he’s Succeeding bringing jobs and taxpaying families to Connecticut you should vote for him again….If you read Bloomberg the Wall Street Journal and listen to the report from United Van lines..maybe not lol…Full disclosure I’m moving to Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut