Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 01:44 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

When we moved into our house in West Hartford in October of last year, we went with the oil company that "came with the house" -- the one that the previous owners were already using. We got a "deal" that was good until May 1, and then we would be suffer their regular prices.

Anyway, they came a few weeks ago to top off our tank, and OUCH!!! The regular price is painful -- 4.499. It really hurt to write that check, let me tell you.

I'm sure that there are a lot of oil companies that provide residential service in West Hartford, but instead of phoning them all, I was curious to know your experiences. Do any of you use an oil company that has a better rate than the painful 4.499? If so, I'd appreciate their name.

Thanks so much.

PS. I know that it'll be 96 degrees this weekend and we won't be using oil until October to heat our house, but there's nothing we can do about the electric bills for the AC, so I've got to figure out where we CAN save.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 PM

438 posts, read 1,196,670 times
FWIW, I always had good experiences with Charter Oak Oil in Windsor. Can't speak to their rates now, but they were normal when I was in WH.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
FWIW, I always had good experiences with Charter Oak Oil in Windsor. Can't speak to their rates now, but they were normal when I was in WH.
Thanks Goldenband -- we'll give them a call and check 'em out.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:02 PM

240 posts, read 1,371,138 times
You wont find much variation in the PPG between companies at this point. Call and check with as many as you can, maybee the prices will vary by .05 cents per gallon the most. Local oil companies are currently buying at @ $4.09 per gallon as of Friday the 6th. They are prisoners of the speculators.. Does not allow for any wiggle room. The way the market is dont expect a "lock in" rate either. Hold tight, later this month "heating" fuels aka #2 oil and kero are expected to drop. Sorry Im not the bearer of good news.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom62 View Post
You wont find much variation in the PPG between companies at this point. Call and check with as many as you can, maybee the prices will vary by .05 cents per gallon the most. Local oil companies are currently buying at @ $4.09 per gallon as of Friday the 6th. They are prisoners of the speculators.. Does not allow for any wiggle room. The way the market is dont expect a "lock in" rate either. Hold tight, later this month "heating" fuels aka #2 oil and kero are expected to drop. Sorry Im not the bearer of good news.
That's OK, Tom, I appreciate the information -- at least it saved me the effort of calling all these places and finding that was a waste of time. I'll stick with this company and hope for the best. Thanks again.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,024 times
Cool oil prices

I feel your pain.I've been looking for a oil company too. I have a 1000 galloon inground fuel tank and at that price it would cost 4'499.00 to fill it up noooooo wayyyyy I've been online looking and one of the best prices around has been a company by the name of Beacon Mechanical services-beacon heating oil there website is Beaconmechanical.com/beaconoil the prices are from 3.669 to3.749 not bad good luck dandj .

Old 08-16-2008, 12:39 PM

11 posts, read 86,734 times
Default Finding a heating oil dealer in Connecticut

I would suggest you try www.connecticutheatingoil.com

They have all the dealers and some pricing information. My co-worker used the website and found a great local dealer with decent prices.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:02 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,755,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom62 View Post
Call and check with as many as you can, maybe the prices will vary by .05 cents per gallon the most.
Did you mean .05 cents (which is 1/20 of a penny) or 5 cents?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,500 times
Hi everyone!
I want to wryte about Greater Hartford Oil Co.
Stay away of this company. Owner is unorganized, rude, unprofessional, and inconsiderate. This man has no clue how to deal with customers or run a business. He give low price, but you can wait for delivery oil few weeks. He constantly deceives people, speaks that didn't worry it soon delivers, thinking out the different reasons. Main for him to take more client, and dosn't meter how he will delivery. After its several days promisses I have tried to find other company, but the prices already were much more, than that day when I agreed with him. Due to this company not only that we don't have oil, but we also lost money. Again, if you don't want that your boiler stop working without oil, stay away of this company!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut