Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 05:24 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,880,628 times

Advertisements

Looks like it may actually be kind of "cold" Friday night into Saturday, but it will be very short lived, as they're even showing upper 20s in NYC Sat. morning and highs in the 40s everywhere. But that looks like the only day in the 10-day right now with a high under 50 and even a few 60s are in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM

633 posts, read 1,644,429 times
Beautiful day today... loving it!!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,925 times
Smile Yes it is and it will get better!

Today IS beautiful with nice warm sun. I was at Hammonasset State Park on Sunday (3/4) and talking to some of the birders there. I mentioned I have been seeing robins since January and was told that they now stay all year because they have gotten used to eating winterberries and bittersweet berries. The birders say the true sign of spring now is the red-winged blackbird. I have not seen any of them yet, or any skunk cabbage, but I look every day when I talk my long walk in the afternoon.

By the way, for those who are interested, there is now a platform at Hammonasset to view the seals when they come out of the water to lounge on the rocks. They only do this in cool or cold weather, as in the summer it would be just too hot for them to do this. Low tide or between tides is the best time to see them.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
I still have not seen any robins yet, but I am further north. I'm surprised, I usually see them by now. And I have only seen a red-winged blackbird once in the 30 years I've lived here. Maybe they prefer the warmer coastline. However, the skunk cabbage is starting to pop here. Next the "spring peepers" should be out, too. I thought I heard them one warm day last week or so ago.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:42 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,360,931 times
Glad to see everyone is enjoying the nice weather today. I was in Hamden, and the sun was out and the temp on a local bank display said 54 F. You could feel the sun getting stronger and the heat radiating off the pavement…a little preview of what’s to come over the next 7 months.

The 3:00 PM NWS obs I saw had Central Park at 60 F….Atlantic City 64 F…Meriden 58 F…New Haven 52 F. Tomorrow looks even warmer – most stations should crack 60 - 65 F before rain showers pass through Thursday night. The weekend should feature sunshine and temps from 45 F (Sat) to the lower 50’s (Sun). Next week, looks mostly dry again, and temps will head for the upper 50’s to near 60 F across the urban areas and NYC for most of the week.

My patio furniture has been moved to the basment door - lol.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,193,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
My patio furniture has been moved to the basment door - lol.
Mine too.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
Are you guys moving it all in stages or something? LOL. I can't wait for today though, I plan to be outside as much as possible. It really feels like winter is behind us. If it gets cold again it will be a very rude awakening.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Are you guys moving it all in stages or something? LOL. I can't wait for today though, I plan to be outside as much as possible. It really feels like winter is behind us. If it gets cold again it will be a very rude awakening.
It will get "seasonably" cold tomorrow and Saturday (40s for highs, 20s to around 30s for low) but then they are talking about a very extended (a week or more) period of weather that's basically a little bit on either side of 60 each day.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,193,827 times
Quote:
I just gathered it from the random corners I threw it in right before the October snowstorm. It's ready to be shipped out.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,360,931 times
Quote:
I have a lot of patio stuff – lol. I try to do it in waves in March…first the metal patio chairs (without the pads)…then glass top tables…then all the grilling stuff…then the shade tent and bamboo canopy comes out in early April, then finally all the plants come out of the greenhouse.

As far as the weather…I really doubt that there is any chance of truly cold air in the pattern as we look ahead. Keep in mind, by next week, average highs for most of the area are in the 50’s and average lows are above freezing...and it just keeps getting warmer and warmer. This week should see one modestly cool day in the upper 40’s on Sat, but then after that Sunday looks sunny with high back in the mid 50’s and next week we lock into upper 50’s to even low 60’s the whole week. After that (3rd week) of March, the pattern looks to warm even more, perhaps highs into the lower 60’s this week. This is in keeping with the ECMWF and the prediction of a warm and dry March/April up and down the whole East Coast:

AccuWeather.com - Brett Anderson | Spring Coming Early for Many (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/spring-coming-early-for-many/62455 - broken link)

AccuWeather.com - Brett Anderson | A Look into Next Week (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/anderson/a-look-into-next-week-1/62502 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut