Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 03:59 PM

320 posts, read 540,372 times

Advertisements

I think Red Silo was one of the breweries represented at the recent Blues and Brews Fest in Dogwood Park.

I want to say I sampled some of their brews, but who knows. I got a little "turnt" that day.

Either way, can't wait to visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 06:37 PM

666 posts, read 761,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmith42 View Post
I think Red Silo was one of the breweries represented at the recent Blues and Brews Fest in Dogwood Park.

I want to say I sampled some of their brews, but who knows. I got a little "turnt" that day.

Either way, can't wait to visit!
"turnt" ... had to look that one up ...

Old 12-05-2015, 08:00 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,232 times
Turnt, i.e. right sideways.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:37 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
I went into the new Dollar General on East Spring (Hwy 70), and they said that the large development going in next to it is a bunch of townhouses and supposedly a gas station/convenience store. How many townhouse developments will this make now?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-06-2015, 07:49 AM

Several, but at least they are more aesthetically pleasing than the tired apartment complexes we've had over the past....oh I don't know....forever.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:10 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Several, but at least they are more aesthetically pleasing than the tired apartment complexes we've had over the past....oh I don't know....forever.
Very true. There are some mighty ugly apartment complexes in town, especially around Tech. These new townhouse developments are much more attractive.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 12-06-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Very true. There are some mighty ugly apartment complexes in town, especially around Tech. These new townhouse developments are much more attractive.
Speaking of Tech, I recently saw that most of the land for the new fitness center has been cleared.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:02 AM

Another year, another rumor about a Kroger Marketplace...this time at the Norwalk site, but I'm sure that rumor has been thrown out there before. Kroger doesn't have to do anything until Publix gets here as Kroger has no current threat to their market share. I don't like the Norwalk site for a KM; looks more suited for a Home Depot. Anyway...I wonder how many locations are rumored for a KM....

Did see that awnings were installed at the Interstate Center, and that Rib City is in the process of moving.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:13 AM

869 posts, read 1,785,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Another year, another rumor about a Kroger Marketplace...this time at the Norwalk site, but I'm sure that rumor has been thrown out there before. Kroger doesn't have to do anything until Publix gets here as Kroger has no current threat to their market share. I don't like the Norwalk site for a KM; looks more suited for a Home Depot. Anyway...I wonder how many locations are rumored for a KM....

Did see that awnings were installed at the Interstate Center, and that Rib City is in the process of moving.
I actually like that site for a Kroger Marketplace. Easy access to the growing western part of the county and enough room for other stores there as well. If they build there, they could keep the existing store open as well, something they may not do in other locations. I know they won't make any announcement until Publix formally announces they're coming.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:38 AM

11 posts, read 18,570 times
If Kroger is in fact considering expanding to the Norwalk site or elsewhere, one would think it would be in Kroger's interest to leak or announce such a plan now before Publix formally commits to anything. It would give Publix longer to think about whether the local area could support both a Kroger expansion and a Publix. It could work the other way around, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville