Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 9,581 times

Advertisements

My husband got a great job offer to move to Corpus Christi. So here we come! We will be moving in 3-4 weeks from DFW area! I've heard alot about the CC area and not all good.So, I am looking at a nice farm home outside of Robstown and Petronilla, about 15 min. from Calallen and also a house in Portland. I have found the rental prices much higher than DFW and we really need the square footage. If anyone can tell me about these areas that would really help. Also, we homeschool and will be needing to find a piano teacher for my kids and looking for a homeschool co-op. If anyone knows of a good but reasonably priced piano teacher please let me know! Thanks

Last edited by volmers7; 01-18-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,273 times
Portland is a nice area to live. It's only a bridge away form Corpus giving u a great view of the water. Living in Portland gives u easy access to Rockport and Port Aransas. It's a small town with a new WalMart, movie theatre and home subdivisions. It's looks nicer than Corpus and Robstown.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Thanks Hillcntry78! We will be driving down this weekend to look around and see a few properties. My husband's new job wants him to start right away so I hope find a rental home that is big enough for my family and is reasonably priced. That's why we were looking at the farm house. It it really nice and big and far away from everything, but fields! But then being too far out might pose a problem, that's why we are coming to see! The people with house in Portland are a property management co. and told me there was no way they could show the home over the weekend, only on weekdays, while my husband works. I also found a house in Aransas Pass. Just an okay home but reasonably priced. What is Aransas Pass like? Again, anything helps!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:44 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,871 times
Also check into Orange Grove, Odem, and even Sinton. That is, assuming you want to live in a rural area.

Even some areas within the Calallen area are pretty rural and still not far from everything.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM

Okay, so we are back from our quick trip to Corpus Christi and we are not going to be moving to the farmhouse. Even though it is a really cool place, I was not aware that it was surrounded by nothing but crops for miles and that concerns me for a number of reasons, but mainly how close to the house they will be spaying the most toxic pesticides and the farmers who spray their crops into the air, concerning. I wish it would have not been so, or we would so have been country folk! Well, I still would love to be, but not until I find the right place, someday!
So, we are moving to either Portland or the southside of Corpus. We're just waiting to hear back to make the decision.
Thanks for the help! I really loved Portland. And I felt like I could live there and find my way around in no time at all. I think I'm going to have issues in the city (still no GPS in my old suburban)!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:54 PM

25 posts, read 59,475 times
We moved here from East Texas a few months ago. Invest in a GPS! It will save you big time. Did you look at the Taft area? We live in Calallen area. Port Aransas would have been my choice but to far away from our work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi