Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 01:13 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlbc724 View Post
@gabetx...Little bit of everything that you mentioned. My wife just finished up her schooling for occupational therapy last year & mentioned how much higher her field pays in Tx than Ohio. So I'd say since Jan , we've been doing our due diligence about options. Wife and I are Bringing our "gringos" (14,12,8) down to CC in Aug for the first hand experience. Planning several mini trips after that before January.

Canyon Lake, Cedar Park, Katy are other areas of interest. My son is 14 , a good football player and Katy gets a lot of attention even up here. Plus Katy is close to MD Anderson and after being diagnosed with Cancer back in May thats a factor for me to consider but I'm sure CC has good treatment centers as well.

Being near water is a big factor for me. Surfing and time on the jet ski = bliss for me. We make the best of our limited amenities up here but the variety y'all have down there is incredible. I want that for my kids.
I would imagine occupational therapy would be a popular field in TX. I do not know exactly what kind of cancer treatment CC offers, because I have never needed it, but a quick google search show several results in the area. If you cant find the treatment you are looking for here, Houston is only two hours and forty minutes from Calallen, (NW edge of CC. Region around IH-37 and IH-69 interchange).

Look up Calallen High School and their football program. They have had a winning record and have been in the playoffs every year since 1984. Your son would have a great opportunity to play for one of the best and most consistent football teams in the state. Other great football programs in the Corpus Christi area are Flour Bluff, Portland, and Refugio. Refugio has one of the best, if not the best, football program for small schools, and has been nationally ranked. It has even been featured on ESPN.

Well CC has a lot of water to be near. You have plenty of beaches with North Beach, McGee Beach, Mustang Island, Padre Island Natl Seashore, and Port Aransas. You also have fresh water options with Labonte Park and the Nueces River, and Lake Corpus Christi, (which is almost empty right now because of the drought). There is plenty of jet skiing, surfing, wind sailing, fishing, deep sea fishing, and other water activities to experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,085 times
I need to know what side of town that the street Pueblo is referred as. Anyone?

Old 12-22-2016, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,085 times
Default Molina.

I know Molina is referring to the projects on the Westside I think.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
BTW, white folks here are referred to as "Caucasians", which is totally wrong, if you go to eastern Europe history and look up the ancestry of the people from the Caucuses, you will learn that they are considered "black" in Russian society.
That's probably why Hispanics usually refer to non-Hispanic whites as "Anglo" instead of "Causasian."

I rarely hear "gringo," but I hear "güero" on a daily basis.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:32 PM

286 posts, read 569,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valthegreat View Post
I don't know if it's referred to as an area, but it's not the greatest part of town.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:43 AM

738 posts, read 764,262 times
Quote:
Pueblo is South of Agnes West of Port near Zavala Elementary

Quote:
I know Molina is referring to the projects on the Westside I think.
Molina isn't a project. It's probably the most middle class neighborhood on the Westside. It was built as the first middle class suburban neighborhood after desegregation so most of it's residents were the wealthier Hispanic and African Americans moving out of the nearer neighborhoods. It's the area south of Horne road.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:16 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
According to 2010 census maps, the highest concentration of blacks in Corpus Christi is in an area bordered by Leopard Street (on the south), Nueces Bay Blvd. (on the west), W. Broadway St. (on the north), and N. Port Avenue (on the east), near Hillcrest Park. It was 36% black and 58% hispanic in 2010, though the black numbers were in decline (2000-2010). Most of the other areas around town look to be 6% or less black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi