Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 11,938 times

Advertisements

I am going to Port A july 29. I like the laid back feel. Hanging out & playing on the beach or fishing all day. hitting the local bars, then having a beer(or 2) by a fire on the beach with freinds. How 'bout you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 12:42 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p2/okiered/45.gif (broken link)

Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,840,568 times
I used to go to Port A. every summer many years ago. One summer I was doing two weeks reserve training in CC. I went out on the beach at Port A. and got a real bad sun burn. I was in trouble for abusing govt. property.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:28 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
It's a little boring there, IMO. Rockport is fun if you have little ones on the beach. Texas beaches are not the greatest, other than South Padre. IMO!!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:38 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It's a little boring there, IMO. Rockport is fun if you have little ones on the beach. Texas beaches are not the greatest, other than South Padre. IMO!!
When staying in PA, I make a detour to Corpus to have crawdads at Crawdaddy's!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Well, for food, it's a fun place. For beachin', meh, not so much.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:46 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
Well I will absolutely NOT go when it's this hot... I was there in May. Too hot. I was freakin' miserable (we were camping on the beach).

I like to go when it's cool, when you need a sweatshirt as you walk along the beach... and can build a big bonfire after dark. That time of year I love it, especially during a full moon.

Really we just hang out, grill some sausage, make some sun tea, the kids build sand castles, at night we build a fire and toast marshmallows, walk along the water, and do a whole lot of nothin'.

If we get bored we drive to CC and walk around CC Beach (North Beach to the locals!). I love it down there at night.

I grew up there though so it's not all that exciting to me, yet I feel a pull from time to time to go "home" and then I get it out of my system for a few months.

I will admit to being totally freaked by the stories of high bacteria levels in the water and people getting wound infections and such!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,946 times
I haven't been in awhile but I like to sit on the beach, people watch, get in the waves, snack, take walks on the beach, get a suntan, fish... then go out for a great seafood dinner at Shell's, Beullah's, Marcel's, have a drink at The Trout House and that little outdoor bar on the dock. Like to stay at a condo on the beach... Coral Cay is nice. Sharky's and Shorty's used to be fun hangouts. I have not been there in years. I am not into the sun and beach so much anymore. I would rather go to Big Bend.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:28 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times
We are going to Corpus mid August for the first time. Staying right near the USS Lexington and the Aquarium. Any advice for a first timer?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 AM

129 posts, read 513,089 times
We love it there. These are some of mine.

Buy shrimp right off the boats and grill em.

Watch sunset from second level bar at Virginias
(dont like the food, tho)

Hear a band at Back Porch.

Watch husband and friends fish at jetty or surf fish.

Watch the sea from the bar at Beach Lodge.

Hang on the (under umbrella if its summmer)

Have a bonfire after sunset.

Eat fresh fish with garlic sauce at Wharf.

Lunch at Shells, or Moby Dicks, or Beach Station.

Shop unique shops such as Gratitude near Beach Station.

Go on gambling boat, prefer off season.

Stay at Tarpon Inn, Beach Lodge, or Beachgate.

Watch sunset with a bottle of wine at Charlies Pasture.

Go to Shortys with some To Go food when restaurants
are packed with summer tourists.

I could go on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi