Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times

Advertisements

I've been on Carnival and RCCL. Twice on Carnival and three times RCCL.

Carnival's food is much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 03:20 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,182 times
Hm, I'm getting alot of positives on Carnival and Princess so far. Interesting. I wonder which one offers longer times to visit the land?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:07 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,855 times
If you want to be over the top Splendidly Spoiled, SeaDream Yacht Club Cruises are the best. They only have two, SeaDream I and SeaDream II. There are only 50 staterooms and a crew of 100.

From their website: Award Winning... "World's Best"
"Exclusive" above Luxury – Berlitz Ocean Cruising and Cruise Ships 2008
"World's Best" Travel + Leisure 2007
"World's Best" Top Scoring Cruise Line - Condé Nast Gold List 2007
"World's Best Small Passenger Shipping Line" - Condé Nast Traveler Reader's 2006

I work for a vacation company and we sell this cruise quite often for those looking for something really luxurious. ~K~

Old 02-11-2008, 07:08 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
I have only cruised with three cruise lines. Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival. We are in our 30s and RCCL is a better fit, its not to old, not to crazy and the ships are the prettiest out there of the cruiselines. We liked Carnival and Celebrity, they were perfect for the trips we took on them. But you can tell that each cruise line caters to different people. Celebrity was an older crowd higher quality of service, Carnival was a party ship you really have fun.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
If you want to be over the top Splendidly Spoiled, SeaDream Yacht Club Cruises are the best. They only have two, SeaDream I and SeaDream II. There are only 50 staterooms and a crew of 100.

From their website: Award Winning... "World's Best"
"Exclusive" above Luxury – Berlitz Ocean Cruising and Cruise Ships 2008
"World's Best" Travel + Leisure 2007
"World's Best" Top Scoring Cruise Line - Condé Nast Gold List 2007
"World's Best Small Passenger Shipping Line" - Condé Nast Traveler Reader's 2006

I work for a vacation company and we sell this cruise quite often for those looking for something really luxurious. ~K~
Sea Dream was on the tip of my tongue. I'd really like to sail with them one day.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:10 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
My favorite, hands down, is what used to be Radisson Seven Seas, now called Regent Seven Seas. I have never had such wonderful treatment in my entire life. It was an amazing trip! I have a lot of photos, I should post them.

Royal Caribbean would come in next, followed by Carnival.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:00 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Any comments on the Disney Cruise line? We're taking a cruise with Disney in 3 weeks.....I just want to hear feedback from those that have tried it in the past. Thanks for your input.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:28 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I've cruised alot since 1982, probably over 20 cruises and think an absolutely great way to vacation! I've covered alot of ground and generally don't cruise the Caribbean much anymore as there too many others places to see. I started out with NCL when they were really going strong. I liked them then haven't tried them since they are "freestyle" and no longer the top cruise line.

Princess and Royal Caribbean remain my cruise lines of choice as they fit my personal interests the best. I find the atmosphere, dining, service to be very consistent. I do sail as a single half the time and Princess, Royal make me feel more comfortable.

I've sailed with Carnival, Celebrity and Costa, too and would sail with them again depending on itinerary but they don't suit me as well.

Carnival gets bashed and they offer a good product, the food was way better than I expected. However, I did not like all the singing and show business in the dining room every evening that got old 2nd day out. I was on a newer ship the buffet area at lunch was excellent. I did find smoking to be somewhat of an issue but that is just me.

Celebrity is o.k. alot of people rave about them and that sort of formed my opinion. I went onboard thinking this is going to be over the top and it wasn't better than Royal C. or Princess. I think they try to be more refined than other mass market and in doing so I thought they were too stiff, robotic. I've only sailed with them twice so maybe that isn't a good representation.

Costa was better than I expected and I'd probably sail with them again for the experience of something different. You need to rid your mind of all you expect from a mass market cruise line and Costa will be o.k. They cater to a much broader market and chances are you could be outnumbered by other nationalities. I've sailed on a half dozen cruises at least where US passengers were not the majority, I actually like it better that way.

Sorry for the wordy answer but that is my take on it, cruising is a favorite subject of mine!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,982 times
Default We like Princess

My wife and I have been on four cruises, twice on Princess, once on Royal Caribbean and once on Norwegian. We think that Princess is the best of the three because of their very good food, clean, well-maintained ships, great entertainment, and polite, well trained staff. You get all of that at a very reasonable price.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
We loved Princess.......we went to Alaska for a four day land tour and a 7 day cruise. It was beautiful and Princess handled absolutely everything from start to finish. We had a mini-suite with a balcony which I highly recommend for Alaska.
Service was beyond excellent which only highlighted our trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises