Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 04:14 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,347,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Just watched the video footage on CNN (Communist News Network) whilst eating my dinner. Had to wonder at the news commentator's remarks. The police shot at the vehicle as it fled and then shot at it again a second time as it was jockeying with police vehicles after going around that cement circle. The female driver was wounded, I don't know how bad, and there was a child in the car. The police did not know this, or so the commentator said. I just find it strange how the commentator(s) were saying how the police did a good job and the lady needed to be stopped, blah, blah, blah. And yet if this were on the streets of any small town USA or urban setting USA they would be saying EXCESSIVE FORCE and calling for an immediate internal investigation. No firearm was found in the driver's car, to my knowledge and the only thing that I know that she did was not to turn away at the barrier. I guess a higher value is assigned when police are operating on the streets of the nation's capital, as opposed to anywhere USA. Especially if they are federal police and are protecting federal bureaucrats. Not that I want to see police crucified anywhere, because I don't. Does anyone else notice this?
THANK YOU for expressing so perfectly the double-standards and contradictions which lie at the heart of the folly called Political Correctness --- and the idiocy of those who subscribe to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
An Infiniti G35 with Connecticut plates was the vehicle involved? Interesting commercial for Infiniti.
Says something about the Peoples' State of Connecticut as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 PM

50,834 posts, read 36,551,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Just watched the video footage on CNN (Communist News Network) whilst eating my dinner. Had to wonder at the news commentator's remarks. The police shot at the vehicle as it fled and then shot at it again a second time as it was jockeying with police vehicles after going around that cement circle. The female driver was wounded, I don't know how bad, and there was a child in the car. The police did not know this, or so the commentator said. I just find it strange how the commentator(s) were saying how the police did a good job and the lady needed to be stopped, blah, blah, blah. And yet if this were on the streets of any small town USA or urban setting USA they would be saying EXCESSIVE FORCE and calling for an immediate internal investigation. No firearm was found in the driver's car, to my knowledge and the only thing that I know that she did was not to turn away at the barrier. I guess a higher value is assigned when police are operating on the streets of the nation's capital, as opposed to anywhere USA. Especially if they are federal police and are protecting federal bureaucrats. Not that I want to see police crucified anywhere, because I don't. Does anyone else notice this?
Considering it started when she rammed a security checkpoint, how could this happen just anywhere? It has to happen near a place with high security, so comparisons with anywhere, USA don't really apply. After she hit the barricade, she gunned it, getting up to 80mph, running lights and heading toward the Capital. IMO they had to take it seriously and consider it possible terrorism. Car bombs are very common in many areas of the world. Add the mass shooting just a week or so ago, I'm sure they are not going to take any chances.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 PM

43,695 posts, read 44,455,186 times
According to NBC, the suspect was 34 years old with a history of mental illness.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,035,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
According to NBC, the suspect was 34 years old with a history of mental illness.
Well, this explains a lot. Case closed. I'm just happy that it wasn't a car bomb & I'm even happier than no one was killed.

Looks like she died. If anything, this event is commentary on the American mental health system & how it needs to be shored up.

Last edited by Soviet; 10-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Update on woman's death

Old 10-03-2013, 07:13 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,106,706 times
Quote:
Well, this explains a lot. Case closed. I'm just happy that it wasn't a car bomb & I'm even happier than no one was killed.

Looks like she died. If anything, this event is commentary on the American mental health system & how it needs to be shored up.
I'm not sure there's anything else the police could have done. I watched the video and they were clearly trying to apprehend her the proper way.

Some people said "But she was unarmed."

Uh. That big black Infiniti. That was her weapon.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,035,280 times
Are there limits on mentally ill people having custody of children?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,082,984 times
Quote:
I believe that car seats are strongly recommended

Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 PM

Well, this one is going to present a problem for the "fo-gooders" out there; Is it more importent to "protect society", or to protect the "rights" of the mentally unstable???

One thing I can guarantee, however; the rights of the Politically Correct are going to be viewed as more important than the rights of those who dont "measure up".

Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 AM

50,834 posts, read 36,551,301 times
Quote:
They said she had a serious fall in January 2012, and her mother said that is when the mental issues started, so don't know of she had a brain injury or not. I don't think she had a diagnosis like schizophrenia or anything. She was a working dental hygienist until August 2012. They think she developed post partum depression after her daughter was born. I am wondering if this wasn't some sort of suicide by cop.

Even if she did have a diagnosis, that in itself wouldn't warrant not being allowed to have your children. You lose your kids through evidence of being a danger to them, but I don't get the impression she showed any indication of being capable of something like this prior.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 10-04-2013 at 07:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events