Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 08:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Ordinarily I believe that life without is a life in hell which is richly deserved. Consequently, I'm no fan of the death penalty. Manson would be a rare exception to that belief as he genuinely enjoys prison life. That's why he no longer attends his own parole hearings. He doesn't want to be cut loose.
He no longer attends them cause he KNOWS what a farce they are...if he was offered his freedom now you can bet he wouldn't hesitate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
A perfect example of why people like Manson should be executed quickly after conviction.
I think a lot of innocent people would die if they were "executed quickly" after a conviction...I could see that as something that would be known and used to get rid of people deemed undesirable, especially if some corrupt prosecutor with held crucial info from the defense. If , or when it were found out, it'd be too late.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...lding-evidence

Old 12-03-2013, 09:56 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
He no longer attends them cause he KNOWS what a farce they are...if he was offered his freedom now you can bet he wouldn't hesitate.
I disagree. He's completely institutionalized.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
Quote:
Hardly. Manson operates within an institutionalized society but has always viewed the remainder of society as institutionalized as well. He probably wouldn't care where he was, he operates according to his own ideals regardless.

If freed, he wouldn't change nor covet the regimented existence he has now because he'd simply create that wherever he was. He did it before, he'd do it again.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:52 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
I doubt very much that Manson wants out of prison.
He has been quite isolated ever since he went to prison, and has never been allowed to mingle with the general population. He's been in solitary confinement, or very close to it, for 41 years. He doesn't even know the prison building he's in very well, or most of the convicts in it. He's spent his life in one small cell in one small section, isolated from the general population and the rest of the prison complex.

Even so, he's dimly aware of some of the country's changes since 1973. He once said he was going back to his cell to work on his website, but he's never had a computer, and he's never seen a website. He just picked up the term somehow. That comment was made almost 20 years ago.

Everything he knew, and all of his BS, such as using the Beatles' White Album lyrics to fire up his followers, is all ancient history now. Los Angeles is completely different, the country's culture is completely different, all his acquaintances are either dead or old, all his follower that were never jailed have spread with the wind, and there is very little left that he would recognize anywhere.

The only occupation he ever had was being a pimp, and even prostitution is no longer similar to the 70's. At age 79, there is nothing out here that he understands or would offer any comfort to him.

His life remains trapped forever in the past, and that past is rapidly receding with every passing year. He doesn't want out. There is nothing left for him on the outside.

Manson's last parole hearing was last year, 2012. His next won't come until 2027. By then, he will be 93 years old.

Last edited by banjomike; 12-03-2013 at 01:09 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Is Charles Manson, 79, about to marry a 25-year-old woman? The woman in question seems to think so. Rolling Stone has a lengthy new profile of the infamous serial killer, that focuses just as much on his closest devotee: A woman referred to only as "Star," a name Manson gave her. In 2007, at age 19, she moved to California to be near Manson's prison.

25-Year-Old Says She's Engaged to Charles Manson - He has named her 'Star,' and she has carved 'X' in forehead
She's desperate and is obviously a few cans short of a six pack.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
She's desperate and is obviously a few cans short of a six pack.
About five I'd say. Sad!

Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
only because he has no other choice...

Old 12-03-2013, 02:40 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:
I think a lot of innocent people would die if they were "executed quickly" after a conviction...I could see that as something that would be known and used to get rid of people deemed undesirable, especially if some corrupt prosecutor with held crucial info from the defense. If , or when it were found out, it'd be too late.
Ex-Texas prosecutor first in history to be jailed for withholding evidence - U.S. News
I disagree. While I don't want any innocent people to be penalized, the number of them relative to the number of unquestionably guilty people the taxpayers are saddled with is tiny, tiny, tiny. And by quickly, I mean one year and one retrial max for a capital conviction. It says a lot that we don't trust the system well enough that a retrial is required, but so be it. It would be better than the billions we now spend on 10, 15, 20+ years of legal wrangling for death penalty cases or even life sentences on people for whom guilt is undeniable. In any event, modern evidence processes preclude the majority of incorrect convictions.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
only because he has no other choice...
Since you appear to know him so well, I don't trust you either. Are you pen pals or something or were you cellies at one time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events