Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 12:56 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,232,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Are they asking him to be ROLE model or a speaker? I think you and others are trying to move the goal post. There is a distinct difference between having someone speak and having someone being a role model. Perhaps WE do need to revisit the OP, because people have brought up things that the OP asked not to like dog fighting. The discussion was supposed to be if he is a good choice as a speaker.

Again it's all about what they are trying to accomplish. If they want to show a redemptive story of someone that has fallen, but has changed his life and is doing better, then it's hard to find a better story, but if you want someone that people can look up to, then that's a different context. I don't honestly know what the goal is, but this conversation has been flooded by irrelevant babble about one particular thing he did that doesn't really explain if he should speak or not.
Irrelevant babble?

Pot, meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,627,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Mike Vick has been out almost 5 years now and has not got into trouble once.
He has done nothing but good in his and others peoples lives since.
George Zimmerman on the hand can't seem to stay out of trouble and now wants fight people.
Yet he couldn't beat up, Trayvon that night
Justin Bieber Can't stay out trouble, yet I don't see these same responses about them!
This isn't a thread about THEM. Plenty has been said about Zimmerman AND Bieber right here on CD; on other threads.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:27 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,193,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
you are TOTALLY missing the point.... I did not kill the ants or insects or rodents purely for my own pleasure..... but to protect myself and my property that I work very hard for every single day.... unfortunately, I can't throw a ball very well.....

Michael Vick and his cohorts abused and tortured and killed FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE.......

now can you see the difference??

ya' think??

Don't people go hunting.....FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE??

Old 02-08-2014, 08:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,448,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Don't people go hunting.....FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE??
Yes, they do.

But, with that is the fact heard needs control........I have posted before and will again....deer going though car windows KILL.......a child near us was kicked to death by a deer that flipped though a windshield of a car.

We have taken away lands needed for wildlife to balance the heards themselves.

Wolves kill farm animals and small pets........have been know to watch children.

Bear would stave to death in a decade without control.

My husband hunts to feed us......and BWT hunting puts a HUGE amount of money in the economy.......that means jobs.

Now the obvious......HUNTING IS LEAGEL.

Last edited by Driller1; 02-08-2014 at 08:40 AM..

Old 02-08-2014, 02:13 PM

http://www.change.org/petitions/erin...g-of-champions

If you would like to sign....I did.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:41 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,902,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Mike Vick has been out almost 5 years now and has not got into trouble once.
He has done nothing but good in his and others peoples lives since.
George Zimmerman on the hand can't seem to stay out of trouble and now wants fight people.
Yet he couldn't beat up, Trayvon that night
Justin Bieber Can't stay out trouble, yet I don't see these same responses about them!
Zimmerman killed a black kid. Hell, he is a hero in a lot of people's eyes for that. Bieber is pretty so you already know he has a free pass for anything.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 AM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
All of that IS good........however, does that make HIM a roll model???

IMO that just makes him someone moving on with his life.
It doesn't make a him a "roll model"...but a a "role model."

Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 AM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes, they do.

But, with that is the fact heard needs control........I have posted before and will again....deer going though car windows KILL.......a child near us was kicked to death by a deer that flipped though a windshield of a car.

We have taken away lands needed for wildlife to balance the heards themselves.

Wolves kill farm animals and small pets........have been know to watch children.

Bear would stave to death in a decade without control.

My husband hunts to feed us......and BWT hunting puts a HUGE amount of money in the economy.......that means jobs.

Now the obvious......HUNTING IS LEAGEL.
Of course it's legal. Still doesn't mean the hunters aren't monsters. If people who derive pleasure from dogfighting are animals...then so are hunters whether it's legal or not.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
It doesn't make a him a "roll model"...but a a "role model."
Pardon me....

Did you not know what I meant???

Old 02-10-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Of course it's legal. Still doesn't mean the hunters aren't monsters. If people who derive pleasure from dogfighting are animals...then so are hunters whether it's legal or not.
I guess you don't eat me.

Some people don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events