Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 12:47 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,046,065 times

Advertisements

ok... so you're telling me that Vick's mom told him it was ok to brutalize weaker creatures??

sorry, I don't buy it.....

they KNEW what they were doing was wrong so they concealed it in the woods at the back of his property.... if they thought that what they were doing to these dogs was A-OK, they wouldn't have concealed it, would they??

which takes us back to this: anyone who knows brutalizing and torturing dogs is WRONG, and yet still does it has a SERIOUS character flaw and should never be allowed around animals again for as long as they live....

and should have to experience at least SOME of what they subjected those dogs to.... maybe not all of it.... because after all, many of them died from the torture...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 12:48 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,781,008 times
Kill a person? Who cares. A mouse? Good riddance! A dog? YOU B*STARDS!!!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:55 PM

these are the faces of dog fighting.....

notice the smirk on the one that got away with it......

Old 01-29-2014, 01:01 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,997,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
ok... so you're telling me that Vick's mom told him it was ok to brutalize weaker creatures??

sorry, I don't buy it.....
Is that what I said? Talk about taking poetic licenses.

You are so out of touch with people who grow up in these type of environments, it's laughable some of the things you have suggested her. You are talking as though a parent is the only person that influences these young kids.

Quote:
they KNEW what they were doing was wrong so they concealed it in the woods at the back of his property.... if they thought that what they were doing to these dogs was A-OK, they wouldn't have concealed it, would they??
People who go out and rob people, know that they are doing something wrong, yet they still do it. It's not a matter of thinking it's okay, it's human nature to rationalize doing something that you believe you can get away with and may benefit you ($$$). It's not an excuse for his actions, but honestly your logic doesn't make sense. People don't stop committing crimes just because they know it's wrong. People commit crimes all the time knowing they are wrong. It's about being conditioned that the risk is greater than the reward. Everyone doesn't necessarily see this as wrong thinking which is why we have a society with consequences.

Quote:
which takes us back to this: anyone who knows brutalizing and torturing dogs is WRONG, and yet still does it has a SERIOUS character flaw and should never be allowed around animals again for as long as they live....

and should have to experience at least SOME of what they subjected those dogs to.... maybe not all of it.... because after all, many of them died from the torture...
I don't completely disagree with your first point. He WAS wrong. We all have serious character flaws but that doesn't mean we can't change. If you believe in rehabbing dogs, why can't you rehab people too? That doesn't mean he has to be around animals again but he can at least change his thinking about the idea of abusing animals. I believe that has happened in at least some way.

Do you believe a person can be rehabilitated from what you describe as "SERIOUS" character flaws?

Old 01-29-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
these are the faces of dog fighting.....

notice the smirk on the one that got away with it......
You have issues.

You took a picture that had absolutely nothing to do with this conversation (him on a football field, not around dogs) to illustrate your point, yet when I ask you a question that I believe is relevant, you say it is not?

Old 01-29-2014, 01:14 PM

that is a picture of one of his dogs and that is a picture of him.... how is it not relevant??

and my views on abortion have not a thing to do with my views on animal cruelty......

just as I don't believe a pedophile can be "cured" or rehabilitated, I don't believe that someone who takes pleasure from inflicting pain and torture on more vulnerable creatures can be "cured" or rehabilitated.... Oh, they may never do the behavior again, but the propensity is still there... lurking just beneath the surface.....

I wouldn't trust any of my dogs with a "reformed" dog fighter any more than you would trust your children to a reformed pedophile (at least I HOPE)....

and someone who commits either of those behaviors is seriously damaged and flawed enough that they will never be redeemed in my eyes.....

Old 01-29-2014, 01:14 PM

5,901 posts, read 6,974,210 times
It has been reported that Vick had earlier hired one of the event's Gold Sponsors, (French|West|Vaughn) to improve his PR image.

There is a petition on change.org that has almost 50,000 signatures.
http://www.change.org/petitions/erin...g-of-champions

The CoC web page now lists him as a special guest instead of Keynote Speaker.
"NFL quarterback Michael Vick will be interviewed as a special guest"

Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I am not avoiding the question.... it is not germane to the discussion and is off-topic. It is MY CHOICE to not answer it....

don't see Bieber brutalizing dogs, do you??

growing up poor does not excuse that sort of behavior and obvious lack of character.....

and by the time he STARTED the kennel, he was far far from poor and had been quite comfortably situated for quite some time....

so again, that red herring doesn't swim either.....
It's funny how you had no problem talking about Bieber even though that point is somewhat irrelevant to the conversation, but when I asked you about your views on abortion, you said you wouldn't answer it because you thought it was not relevant. Seems like somebody doesn't want to admit that they believe in protecting the life of dog, but not the life of a human.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
that is a picture of one of his dogs and that is a picture of him.... how is it not relevant??
Because you commented on the picture as though he was smiling about what he did to the dogs, when really it was a picture of him on a football field. Him smiling on a football field, has nothing to do with the dog on the left.

Quote:
just as I don't believe a pedophile can be "cured" or rehabilitated, I don't believe that someone who takes pleasure from inflicting pain and torture on more vulnerable creatures can be "cured" or rehabilitated.... Oh, they may never do the behavior again, but the propensity is still there... lurking just beneath the surface.....

So a dog can be "cured" or rehabilitated but not a person from torturing animals?

Old 01-29-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
It's funny how you had no problem talking about Bieber even though that point is somewhat irrelevant to the conversation, but when I asked you about your views on abortion, you said you wouldn't answer it because you thought it was not relevant. Seems like somebody doesn't want to admit that they believe in protecting the life of dog, but not the life of a human.
You held JB out as an example of a person behaving badly because of a lack of guidance.... I merely pointed out the obvious....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Because you commented on the picture as though he was smiling about what he did to the dogs, when really it was a picture of him on a football field. Him smiling on a football field, has nothing to do with the dog on the left.

So a dog can be "cured" or rehabilitated but not a person from torturing animals?
Unfortunately, not all dogs can be rehabilitated.... some are just too damaged, either organically or through brutal treatment at the hands of humans....

what YOU are failing to acknowledge is my point that yes, maybe that damaged, evil human never ever ever commits the behaviors again... but the propensity is there and always will be..... a person who takes pleasure in brutalizing and torturing is not worthy of one iota of my respect.... EVER....

and I am not afraid to "admit" anything.... I have had a LOT of years to form my opinions and I am fine with them.... there just is no link between your ridiculous question and the topic of this thread.....

why would I be afraid??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events