Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,733,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Oh boo hoo, Michael Dogkiller lost endorsements with Nike and whatever. He was in debt after getting out of prison - more boo hoo, phony tears. The man's salary is 16.5 million every year.
That's not what it was when he was released. And he wasn't making any money for three years.

Look, Annie, I am not speaking out to defend Michael Vick, but I do believe that what is being said should be accurate, and that the issue of his crime and punishment should include the fact that legally he paid for what he did.

Quote:
. If he was in debt, maybe he should have sold more houses. Many folks can't afford even one on their salary and their houses certainly are not worth millions, nevermind even $1million each.

As Marie Antionette would have said, "let him eat crow".

Forgive and let live - in luxury ? Heck no.
Again, you are entitled to your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,026,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Oh boo hoo, Michael Dogkiller lost endorsements with Nike and whatever. He was in debt after getting out of prison - more boo hoo, phony tears. The man's salary is 16.5 million every year. If he was in debt, maybe he should have sold more houses. Many folks can't afford even one on their salary and their houses certainly are not worth millions, nevermind even $1million each.

As Marie Antionette would have said, "let him eat crow".

Forgive and let live - in luxury ? Heck no.
So again what do you want from him? Death Penalty? Pay your mortgage off?

I hear a lot of people complaining about him, but unless you are doing the same for all the other people who are dog fighting, it kind of makes you look a bit prejudice towards him, don't you think?

I mean if I'm a bastion against something, that is what I am. I'm not going to cherrypick someone just because they are a millionaire. I hope you make this effort to other dog fighters and people who hunt for a sport (by the way, there are many athletes, who make millions who do that too).

Old 01-28-2014, 11:03 AM

9,830 posts, read 11,614,480 times
These threads and the responses always makes me wonder.
If Mike Vick was white would he receive so much hate?
I've been to illegal dog fights and there are Just as many white people there as blacks and Hispanics.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,612,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Even though it wasn't addressed to me, I'll take that question.

I want to see him hanging from a pole with an electrified rod in his nether regions, screaming in agony.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Dale and I don't usually agree but there is a special place in he!! for abusers of innocent animals and children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I've been to illegal dog fights and there are Just as many white people there as blacks and Hispanics.
Ahhh, we almost had a thread where race wasn't an issue. For me, the answer is YES. When those folks are caught abusing animals as Vick was - they will be vilified as well.

Maybe you should consider turning them ALL in. Who attends illegal dog fights?

Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,712,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post

I hear a lot of people complaining about him, but unless you are doing the same for all the other people who are dog fighting, it kind of makes you look a bit prejudice towards him, don't you think?

I mean if I'm a bastion against something, that is what I am. I'm not going to cherrypick someone just because they are a millionaire. I hope you make this effort to other dog fighters and people who hunt for a sport (by the way, there are many athletes, who make millions who do that too).
Oh, the drama!

Nobody is asking for the death penalty. We just want him to G.O. A.W.A.Y. Forever! And definitely not be held up as any kind of role model. For anybody.

It has nothing to do with who he is. It has everything to do with what he did.

Get it now? I surely hope so. And yes, I would like everyone who engages in dog fighting or any kind of dog abuse to go away, never to be seen again. Nobody is cherry picking.

Quote:
lol. Silliest post in this thread. So far. Always the race card has to be played by someone who doesn't get it.

YES. I would want him gone if he were white.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 AM

50 posts, read 63,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He has been a respectable, law-abiding citizen since his release.
"Since his release" is the part I have a problem with.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,080,849 times
Quote:
Even though it wasn't addressed to me, I'll take that question.

I want to see him hanging from a pole with an electrified rod in his nether regions, screaming in agony.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
YUP.... Or arms and legs held like a jump rope and body slammed to ground repeatedly......

Quote:
Because he killed dogs? People don't even get death that often for killing people.
he didn't just kill dogs.... he inflicted horrific torture and abuse upon them before he killed them..... and he took pleasure in it..... sick sick sick....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That's not what it was when he was released. And he wasn't making any money for three years.

Look, Annie, I am not speaking out to defend Michael Vick, but I do believe that what is being said should be accurate, and that the issue of his crime and punishment should include the fact that legally he paid for what he did.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion.
as much money as he made in the years prior to his imprisonment, there should have been PLENTY to last a lifetime.....

Quote:

Michael Vick did not serve one second of time for the torture and abuse and murder of those dogs.... he was sentenced for gambling or not paying taxes on his earnings from the dog fighting or some such ridiculous thing.... THAT is what sticks in my craw .... and the fact that while he may play all sincere and humble, I can see in his eyes that he is only sorry he got caught.... and if that hadn't happened, he would STILL BE DOING IT.......

Hunting for sport is also an egregious thing to do.... but that has not a thing to do with the topic of this thread.....

Quote:
black, white, brown, purple or green.... anyone who participates in any way in this sport should be SEVERELY punished and never allowed around ANY type of animal for the rest of their lives.....

In fact, there was a HUGE dog fighting ring busted in this area a few years back and for once in my life, I was praying to be called for jury duty......

Old 01-28-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Oh, the drama!

Nobody is asking for the death penalty. We just want him to G.O. A.W.A.Y. Forever! And definitely not be held up as any kind of role model. For anybody.

It has nothing to do with who he is. It has everything to do with what he did.

Get it now? I surely hope so. And yes, I would like everyone who engages in dog fighting or any kind of dog abuse to go away, never to be seen again. Nobody is cherry picking.
Who is holding him as a role model? Does speaking publicly make you a role model?

Do you have the same problem with those who hunt as a sport?

To say you want him to go away and never be seen again, is SO SO IRRATIONAL on so many levels. You are angry at what he did, but you don't want him to be an advocate and discourage others from participating in the same behavior that he did?

Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
he didn't just kill dogs.... he inflicted horrific torture and abuse upon them before he killed them..... and he took pleasure in it..... sick sick sick....
I will ask you the same question that I asked two other people, do you take offense to those who hunt as a sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
Michael Vick did not serve one second of time for the torture and abuse and murder of those dogs.... he was sentenced for gambling or not paying taxes on his earnings from the dog fighting or some such ridiculous thing.... THAT is what sticks in my craw .... and the fact that while he may play all sincere and humble, I can see in his eyes that he is only sorry he got caught.... and if that hadn't happened, he would STILL BE DOING IT.......
Then your issue should be with the court system, not the man. You should ask the courts why he didn't get more time.

So the fact that he doesn't appear sincere and has 'gotten off' in your opinion is reason to dislike this man, until you go to your grave? Is there anything he will ever be able to do to get your sympathy or at least respect as a person?

Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,080,849 times
oh... and he got a new dog a year or two ago.... ostensibly for his children.... just more evidence that those breeders don't give a HOOT what happens to their puppies.... so long as the check clears....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events