Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 03:51 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,026,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
yes, I have killed ants and insects so that they would not have a chance to bring harm upon me.... I have probably killed rodents for the same reason.... although none it brought me pleasure...... and I wager my dogs have killed far more of them than I have....

the dogs Vick were torturing and abusing were not capable of bringing harm upon him and his fellow thugs...... they were doing it for their own amusement.... BIG BIG difference...
Ants are harmless. You could have swept them away. You killed innocent defenseless animals. You must be a sociopath.

Nothing will stop your killing ways. I will find a safe home for all ants but you should just stayed locked in your house.

Exactly....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 05:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,612,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
**MOST** convicted felons are not able to walk out of prison and into a multi-million dollar contract to throw a ball.... MOST convicted felons spend the rest of their lives dealing with the fallout of being a convicted felon...... and I already told you some of the less gory details that go on with dog fighting.... IMO, someone who can derive pleasure from the systematic torture and abuse of a smaller and less powerful being is missing a key component of their psyche and could be classified a sociopath or psychopath.... and with that key component never there in the first place, I don't see how real redemption is possible. You get so wound up about people refusing to answer your irrelevant questions and yet you have conveniently ignored one from me.... do you think a pedophile is capable of reformation?? or do you think, like I do, that even if the abhorrent behavior is never exercised again, that deep down, or maybe even not so deep down, that urge, that proclivity, is still there??
I'll answer the question asked earlier. NO, I would not allow a 'reformed' pedophile to babysit my children.

Just, no.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,230,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Ants are harmless. You could have swept them away. You killed innocent defenseless animals. You must be a sociopath.

Nothing will stop your killing ways. I will find a safe home for all ants but you should just stayed locked in your house.

Exactly....
You have now lost all credibility.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,431,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post

Exactly....
Black ants are harmless.......red ants can kill you.

Black ants will damage wood....as in houses.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:39 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,527,344 times
Vick is a disgusting excuse for a human

And - yes - since his past was so horrific I hold it against him. A leopard does not change his spots.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:01 PM

2,925 posts, read 2,600,563 times
Default Jealous of his salary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Oh yeah, he paid for his crimes but where's the remorse? He has said he's sorry but not for abusing the dogs; only for breaking the law. That is reason to tell his story? To hold himself up (nevermind those who are elevating him) as a role model? Let's see, why not get Charles Manson; I'm sure he is sorry for getting caught, also.

As for "paying dearly" for his crimes? Exactly what part of his little itty bitty yearly salary is "paying dearly"? The first half million? Has he donated any of his itty bitty salary to saving and rehabbing the dogs he personally is responsible for harming? THAT would garner him some "let it go" attitude; but I know he hasn't paid that price because I have donated on their behalf. Some are still undergoing treatment at enormous expense.

And what about jumping right back into a career where he is paid far more than 95% of the people in this country. Where he gets paid annually more than 99% of the people in this rural area of the country could even dream of in a lifetime of hard work.

So no, he hasn't paid the price and he hasn't shown true remorse for the harm he did, only for breaking the law at most, and mostly what I've heard from his lips is his remorse is truly only for getting caught breaking the law.

So let's hold him in high esteem; give him 3rd chances (he used up his 2nd chance when he didn't donate his first year salary to taking care of his victims humanely); and let's all forgive him because he was brought up in poverty or whatever. After all, he chose not to rise above that when he was given the chance to play pro football at an exorbitant salary that most people won't see in a lifetime - and yet they don't turn to torture and abuse.
After a person confesses their crime, does the time, and pay the penalties, that's all they owe society. There is no law that says they must continue self-flagellation or give up their first year salary to a good cause too. His salary is his to do as he pleases with it as long as he isn't using it to break the law. Besides you don't know who or what he supports with his money. Not every celeb makes public whom or what they donate their money too. More than anything else, your post sounds envious that he is a man from the ghetto who became a million-dollar earner and after losing it due to the results from bad-decision making (prison), was able to reenter his career and resume making millions. Would he have been more remorseful in your eyes had he worked bagging groceries for a $9.50 an hour instead of returning to the NFL? He fell down from glory but didn't stay DOWN. He got back up, brushed himself off, and moved forward in life to regain his career and is doing very well. He appears to be much more humble now than before his fall. NC Chamber of Commerce chose the right speaker in my opinion. The fact that he makes more money than 99% people in a rural area is no reason to continue to want to see him suffer. He makes more than 99% of people in the ghetto (and Spanish speaking areas) after a lifetime of hard work too but they aren't "howling" for his head. I wonder why they can accept how much money he makes but you seem to have a problem with it? I'm sure you love animals but you should let go of the green eyed-monster when it comes to certain humans.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:20 PM

2,925 posts, read 2,600,563 times
Default Just as human as you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Well well well.......we agree...I do not see Vick as human.
Jumping into this conversation: Well, this isn't the first time this type of sentiment has been expressed by some people about other "humans". Only this time, we know better. He is human whether you see him as one or not. Regardless of his actions, he is "human" just as you are.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,751,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
He has been through the criminal justice system and paid according to what he was sentenced.

I don't know why there are so many people out there who just want to not let him move on from this. You don't think he remembers spending time in prison? You don't think he knows how much playing time, salary and endorsements he lost?

I think rehabilitated felons are probably some of the best examples that our young people could listen to on what NOT to do. Not Vick specifically but I'm sure there are plenty of released prisoners out there who speak to youth about why it's important to live a law abiding life.

I bet if he wasn't a professional athlete, no one would care. Talk about double standards. What if it was a guy not famous, would you all be like this, still?
The people who won't let him move on are losers who are desperate for any easy target they can go after with impunity. Some people just have to play "condemner" to feel right about themselves. That way they don't have to look in the mirror and deal with THAT person.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,431,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
After a person confesses their crime, does the time, and pay the penalties, that's all they owe society. There is no law that says they must continue self-flagellation or give up their first year salary to a good cause too. His salary is his to do as he pleases with it as long as he isn't using it to break the law. Besides you don't know who or what he supports with his money. Not every celeb makes public whom or what they donate their money too. More than anything else, your post sounds envious that he is a man from the ghetto who became a million-dollar earner and after losing it due to the results from bad-decision making (prison), was able to reenter his career and resume making millions. Would he have been more remorseful in your eyes had he worked bagging groceries for a $9.50 an hour instead of returning to the NFL? He fell down from glory but didn't stay DOWN. He got back up, brushed himself off, and moved forward in life to regain his career and is doing very well. He appears to be much more humble now than before his fall. NC Chamber of Commerce chose the right speaker in my opinion. The fact that he makes more money than 99% people in a rural area is no reason to continue to want to see him suffer. He makes more than 99% of people in the ghetto (and Spanish speaking areas) after a lifetime of hard work too but they aren't "howling" for his head. I wonder why they can accept how much money he makes but you seem to have a problem with it? I'm sure you love animals but you should let go of the green eyed-monster when it comes to certain humans.
To bad the dogs can't, "get up and brush themselves off".

As far as the "green eyed-monster"......not me I have all the money I will ever need....and I live WAY out in the sticks.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:41 PM

878 posts, read 944,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Well well well.......we agree...I do not see Vick as human.
Best post in the whole damned thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events