Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 12:16 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

CNN reported today that a Malaysian air force official saw the plain passing over a small island far off its original flight path. If true, we should be hearing more about this. There are clusters of small islands belonging to Indonesia in the sea in between west and east Malaysia (north Borneo) that Malaysian airforce could have spotted, which would have meant the plane turned back. Other than that, the only islands anywhere near its original flight path are the Philippines.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-11-2014 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 01:23 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,149,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
20 passengers on the missing plane are world-class electronic geeks for a major Defense contracting company that specializing in such things as weapons that disappear planes and ships for the battlefield. They are employed by a company designing and manufacturing cutting edge electronic weaponry for the Department of Defense. Such weaponry includes those making it possible to vanish planes off the radar.

FROM MYSTERY TO COVER-UP: Was missing MH370 'engineered' to deflect attention?
Which company is this? The only company I've seen that has 20 passengers missing is Freescale Semiconductor of Austin, Texas. Perhaps it is another company.

Freescale Semiconductor Employees Confirmed Passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 - WSJ.com

Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions - Chicago Tribune

Freescale Semiconductor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-11-2014, 01:44 PM

395 posts, read 546,135 times
Yeah. Those top secret appliance chips again

Old 03-11-2014, 01:44 PM

43,646 posts, read 44,368,561 times
The Last Day of Malaysia Airline Passengers With Stolen Passports - Yahoo

Old 03-11-2014, 01:48 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,713 times
The plane was hijacked due to who was onboard. The hijackers disabled all tracking and communication. The plane was flown to a remote location and landed. The Geeks and satellite engineers onboard were whisked away and the rest were killed.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:10 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,344 times
Best sources for news is the google news edition of MALAYSIA (it's in English)

Best forum of aviation experts discussing various technical issues (loads slowly, very active, no paranormal discussions):

MH370 Malaysia Airlines B772 Missing Enroute KUL-PEK Part 14 — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net

Old 03-11-2014, 02:25 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
The plane was hijacked due to who was onboard. The hijackers disabled all tracking and communication. The plane was flown to a remote location and landed. The Geeks and satellite engineers onboard were whisked away and the rest were killed.
Actually, it's starting to look like some of this is true. The plane was spotted flying very low over a small island that's a military base. The witness did not report an explosion, so at this point it can be assumed the plane landed safely and passengers survived the landing. What happened next is wide open, at this point.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:52 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, it's starting to look like some of this is true. The plane was spotted flying very low over a small island that's a military base. The witness did not report an explosion, so at this point it can be assumed the plane landed safely and passengers survived the landing. What happened next is wide open, at this point.
So, maybe they need to switch focus to the rest of the passengers on the plane, and see if any of them could be responsible. If there's an island that's a military base, that has the room for that big of a plane to land, why isn't someone there looking? As in, has someone been sent there to investigate. Who does the island belong to, what country? I guess I just imagine all this satellite technology being able to track all of this stuff with no problem.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 03-11-2014 at 03:16 PM..

Old 03-11-2014, 02:58 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,079,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'm really getting tired of seeing such malarkey repeated over and over. Terrorists typically don't claim responsibility. The point of terrorism os to create a climate of fear and helplessness. Nothing does that better than not knowing who attacked you or why. Once you know who did it, the fear turns to anger and resolve to seek justice, the helplessness melts into action to go after the bad guys.

"How many acts of terrorism go unclaimed? Most of them. Credible perpetrators claimed responsibility for only 14 percent of the more than 45,000 terrorist acts that have occurred since 1998, according to the University of Maryland's Global Terrorism Database."

Do terrorists usually claim responsibility for their attacks? (Slate) - Worldnews.com
Fair enough. But it doesn't change my point-- which is that I don't think the plane was hijacked as an act of terrorism. I think it was hijacked as an act of confiscation. In other words, someone or something on the plane was of interest to a government or a very powerful private interest.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Fair enough. But it doesn't change my point-- which is that I don't think the plane was hijacked as an act of terrorism. I think it was hijacked as an act of confiscation. In other words, someone or something on the plane was of interest to a government or a very powerful private interest.
I can see that but only if the pilots were in on it, either voluntarily or under duress (blackmail, loved ones held hostage, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events