Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:09 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,659,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

What's the point of all of these sudden "racist black men in sports" posts?

Who cares?

No one said whites couldn't come to their games. Or shouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 02:20 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
You're saying that Germans aren't sensitive about living down the evil deeds of their past? Pretty sure they got us beat on the political correctness on sensitivity to those they've wronged.
What evil?? Haven't you heard the Holocaust never happened??? Lies, all lies. Riiiiight.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
What's the point of all of these sudden "racist black men in sports" posts?

Who cares?

No one said whites couldn't come to their games. Or shouldn't.
People SHOULD stop going. See how they can get paid all their millions for playing a game! That goes for ALL sports.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:44 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,291,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Did you not read the article? Could a 44 yr old white business man mount your defense if he "accidentally" wore a huge racist medallion around his neck?
I read it. He was asked if it meant anything to him and he said "a little bit." We don't know from that if he actually knew what it meant. For all we know he had no clue what it meant, but didn't want to look stupid (which frankly, that's what his response sounds like ... a non-answer)

Old 04-30-2014, 02:44 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,825,151 times
I'm a white guy, and if I could sit with Beyonce in courtside seats, I'd wear that medallion too!

Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,974,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I read it. He was asked if it meant anything to him and he said "a little bit." We don't know from that if he actually knew what it meant. For all we know he had no clue what it meant, but didn't want to look stupid (which frankly, that's what his response sounds like ... a non-answer)
Ok so let's speculate how the "He probably didn't really know what it meant" defense will work for a 44 yr old white business man when he does the same and responds that it does mean something to him.

Do you believe Jay Z has borderline brain functioning? I guess plate sized racist medallions are accidentally picked up at the mall while shopping for kicks.

Perhaps Sterling was just role playing with his GF when he made those comments?

Old 04-30-2014, 03:05 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,534,784 times
eddiehaskell - one man crusade for justice. ugh..these topics. You don't see black posters spamming the place..

Old 04-30-2014, 03:27 PM

3,774 posts, read 4,124,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777
Such an angry person you must be.

White privilege?? Nothing more than some garbage made up by a sociology teacher to get a promotion. Unfortunately they count that garbage as "research". That is why Japan, Germany, and even China are ahead of us in many technology fields that require real research. That is why the US will always be behind because we look to the past instead of the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
You're saying that Germans aren't sensitive about living down the evil deeds of their past? Pretty sure they got us beat on the political correctness on sensitivity to those they've wronged.

That is not at all what I said. The Germans are very sensitive to what has gone on in the past, so much so that they have made many things that remind one of the racism that existed in their past illegal. However, the Germans do not pay teachers billions to think up such garbage as "white privilege". Instead they spend billions on engineering research, which is one big reason why their economy is the strongest in Europe, and one of the strongest in the world.

Black people in the US would be much better off if our government spent the money on jobs and education, instead of the government throwing that money away on sociologists to dream up ways that white people should be shameful for what some white people did to blacks 150 years ago. It only causes racial hatred, and causes blacks to look to the past, not to the future. Such garbage offers no plan to help black people prosper and to make a better future for themselves.

Last edited by james777; 04-30-2014 at 03:43 PM..

Old 04-30-2014, 03:27 PM

58 posts, read 76,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
eddiehaskell - one man crusade for justice. ugh..these topics. You don't see black posters spamming the place..
Thank you riaelise! Some walls just aren't worthy of a head banging, this guy's one of them. I too now see his posts for what they are as this person has no interest in gaining understanding or insight, just fanning.

I've bequeathed wisdom and insight that I knowingly and forcefully risked my life and freedom to obtain to this guy and have come to the conclusion that he can't be reasoned with, only argued.

Last edited by Astro Art; 04-30-2014 at 03:36 PM..

Old 04-30-2014, 03:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,003,010 times
Probably a quote from Obama's mentors Rev Wright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events