Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,402,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sarah and Todd Palin were kind to your husband and you and that speaks well of them.

Not to disparage your husband's experience, but going out with outfitters and fishing guides is what tourists do in Alaska.

I did see several segments of Ms. Palin's show as I lived in Alaska for a number of years and always enjoy seeing the place. It was clear that Ms. Palin was not used to shooting a rifle. Later, someone said that the sight was off not her aim. That could have been the problem. But she put her finger on the trigger right after someone handed her the rifle, always a poor idea, and asked silly questions like, "Does it kick?"
That was kind of a "girly" thing to say.

Not using an outfitter in Alaska would be very difficult when not living there....and not owning any land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 02:50 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,298,420 times
How did this thing get turned into a thread about Palin?

Old 05-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
This biased piece is brought to you by.

Erick Erickson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's an anti working class aristocrat. Like Sarah Palin he resigned he's elected position for money in broadcasting as another paid liar.
This is where.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:22 PM

4,628 posts, read 12,322,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
This is where.
3rd paragraph.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:01 PM

51,670 posts, read 25,923,250 times
Let me see if I can pull it back.

Getting your car work done at Walmart is like electing a beauty queen to be your governor. It all looks fine, but it turns out you get a lot less than you're paying for.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:28 PM

51,670 posts, read 25,923,250 times
One more comment about Sarah Palin and then I'll let it go.

At some point in the past (and no I don't have the link) Sarah Palin spoke about the farmers and factory workers in Wasilla. Good people, salt of the earth folks and all.

Now there are a few farms in Palmer, but as you can imagine making a living farming in Alaska is a tricky business. As far as I know, there are no farms in Wasilla. I suspect there might be some indoor herbal operations, but I have no direct knowledge of this.

There are no factories in Alaska at all unless you count the Ulu factory in Anchorage that makes Ulu knives for the tourists.

Now there are a several manufacturing enterprises in Wasilla. Every once in a while the authorities used to bust a couple meth labs. But surely, that wasn't what she was referring to.

The woman is pleasant enough but as phony as a three dollar bill.

On the surface, Walmart is pleasant enough, but underneath it's just as phony.

American taxpayers are subsidizing their labor costs so they can sell cheap things from China. Most of their employees make so little that we have to not only pick up their share of the tax burden but cover the cost of food stamps, medical care, subsidized housing, etc... while we worsen our trade deficit with China.

Sounds like American taxpayers got the poor end of this bargain.

Years ago, I shopped at Walmart. But as I became more aware of how they operate, I stopped. Walking through the doors felt like I was shooting myself in the foot.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 05-24-2014 at 05:01 PM..

Old 05-24-2014, 04:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,997,531 times
most of these so called documentaries are by such people who earn their living doing so. After seeing the interviews of people at Occupy protestors its hard to argue most where just attracted to a events with some mad because bands didn't play that were promised.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
most of these so called documentaries are by such people who earn their living doing so. After seeing the interviews of people at Occupy protestors its hard to argue most where just attracted to a events with some mad because bands didn't play that were promised.
These 2 dead protesters shot by San Francisco Police officers weren't getting paid.

1934 West Coast waterfront strike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some people actually stand up for what's right.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Look at the mess they made.....

Occupy Wall Street: Shocking photos show protester defecating on POLICE CAR | Mail Online

Old 05-24-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Doctor who performed abortions shot to death - CNN.com

Did he kill anyone like anti abortion protesters do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events