Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 04:44 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,980,532 times

Advertisements

Just too many different stories out there re the Marine in the TJ prison.

There are signs posted of the border being ahead and a off ramp or two also.

Any truck with obvious items in the bed will be pulled over to secondary inspection after crossing...this is what they did to him. There are also Mexican soldiers with loaded weapons at the secondary station. I see them every time I return here where I reside (retired military (WW11/Korea).

After being here over 21 yrs and combined with my past contacts of both Govmt/Judicial people I know that one simple phone call would release the Marine in 24 hrs.....all a matter of who is willing to make the call and accept the responsibility.

It is not What you know but Who you know in Mexico based upon my own experience that opened doors for me many times.......some opened doors literally along with situations where who I knew was a main factor.

Washington sees the Marine as a small fly speck on a blackboard and Mexico being at our border is more important to the nation as a whole according to DC.

Washington is NOT going to start a war as in WW1 with the Duke of Ferdinand assassination if my history recollection is correct.

Just ONE phone call at either end will suffice.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:11 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,636,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
From what I understand ... the young man entered Mexico and immediately violated Mexican laws regarding arms possession. Whether he did so innocently or not, he is subject to the Mexican criminal justice system. Instead of criticizing Mexico, supporters of the freeing of the young man would be of greater more effective assistance by asking nicely for his release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
If he's suffering from PTSD then why is he carrying any guns at all. There has to be more to this story than we're told.
Mexico is super strict about guns.
My thoughts as well. Not signing it.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 884 times
There is something very very wrong with our Country when we have a President that doesn't even acknowledge we have a Marine ( who I may add is a Hero ) and suffering form PTSD & is a innocent victim rotting in a Mexican Prison ! He has been beaten & tortured . Very unlike the way we treat anyone who comes to our Country & is imprisoned for Crimes they actually committed! Sgt. Tahmooressi me & my Family Pray for you always .

Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,300,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonnose View Post
There is something very very wrong with our Country when we have a President that doesn't even acknowledge we have a Marine ( who I may add is a Hero ) and suffering form PTSD & is a innocent victim rotting in a Mexican Prison ! He has been beaten & tortured . Very unlike the way we treat anyone who comes to our Country & is imprisoned for Crimes they actually committed! Sgt. Tahmooressi me & my Family Pray for you always .
Innocent? How do you figure? He broke the law.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:46 AM

6,524 posts, read 7,602,183 times
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/05...mexican-court/

Jailed Marine in Mexico back in court | On Air Videos | Fox News

The latest on the Andrew Tahmooressi trial with footage of him arriving and leaving court today in Tijuana. It looks like he has a VERY competent lawyer, Fernando Benitez, who also represents local Tijuana billionaire Jorge Hank Rohn... whom Benitez also represented on weapons charges which were eventually dropped.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:11 AM

15,567 posts, read 10,577,436 times
I can see how someone might get confused. However, if you find yourself entering by mistake, turn off the ignition and refuse to move (on our side of course).

Old 08-05-2014, 08:43 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,642,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonnose View Post
He is in no way innocent- he went across the border with weapons- what would we do if someone from Mexico drove across into San Diego with a truck full of weapons? Treat him like royalty?

Old 08-05-2014, 12:15 PM

9,830 posts, read 11,614,480 times
He's was just some poor Marine, how is he can he afford one of the top Attorneys in Mexico

Old 08-05-2014, 10:00 PM

15,567 posts, read 10,577,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
He is in no way innocent- he went across the border with weapons- what would we do if someone from Mexico drove across into San Diego with a truck full of weapons? Treat him like royalty?
We do nothing.
N4T Investigators: Rogue Mexican Army troops crossing the line | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona

Old 08-06-2014, 05:52 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,446,403 times
The weapons and how they were being transported was ALSO a crime on our side of the border.

Why does everyone just keep ignoring that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events