Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If there was an Ebola vaccine, would you take it?
Yes, I'd be one of the first to get a vaccine. Better safe than sorry. 41 11.20%
If it came to my region, then yes, I'd get vaccinated. 67 18.31%
Too soon, but I wouldn't rule it out in the future. 192 52.46%
Rush-to-market vaccines are dangerous. No way would I get a vaccine. 77 21.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 08:23 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,098,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
[/b][/b]

This proves that information is being suppressed for some reason. I am NOT talking about Nina Pham, the nurse who treated Duncan. The person I am speaking about, is the 4th person who was transported to the Atlanta hospital on September 9.

As far as privacy, why is it that names and details have been released for everyone, including Ms. Pham (who requested total privacy) but not this other mystery patient?

And no, I don't need a lengthy biography. Just the same basic information that didn't seem to be withheld for the other Ebola victims.
I responded to your post about 5 posts up. The unnamed patient is still in the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 08:31 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
So what is the solution? Stop all overseas travel and close all our borders, including by car from Canada, and of course Mexico. To REALLY prevent the spread inside the US, since people have died here also, stop all domestic travel too. Call out the National Guard to seal off state borders. Nobody can leave or enter another state by car also.

Next? Demand that the CDC get off their dead -----, and invent a vaccine IMMEDIATELY. Demand that this vaccine be given to every American man, woman, and child. If they refuse to comply, throw them in a quarantine camp, or maybe shoot them, and burn their bodies. It is for the good of this country and will save the lives of millions of people!!!!!!!

Science Ficton? Don't think there are people who wouldn't think this is great idea and solution? Watch some old movies. It has been thought up the in past and with the premise of some uncontrollable disease spreading.
A little late now.......but, would have worked in the beginning. I wish our president felt like South Korea's president. We do not want any Ebola in our country! Stop travel to any infected country, check everyone for fever traveling in, and question everyone. But, we just couldn't help being the first to cure Ebola, because we have to prove we are the best at everything. Well, you know what, we aren't and that is just an American dream that may have just introduced a deadly virus we have no idea how to fight in America. To late now.

Since I wasn't asked first, yes, I'm pissed we brought it here via our laxed attitude and our pompous character that we could prevent the spread of it if it came here. So far, we can't. Now what?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:32 AM

671 posts, read 890,789 times
Default Ebola and the modern day Prepper

Wasn't that long when preppers were looked at as fringe,over the top extremest by many who bought into the Government will take care of everything.....
I have to ask this...DO you still have faith that government has your best interest or that government has it's own best interest at heart...I have to say I believe the latter is true.. I'm not saying that everyone has to embrace a full plunge into prepping,,such as bug out locations but many of the principles are more than reasonable and embrace taking responsibility for ones family.
For those that view Ebola taking off and becoming an epidemic in their community as being highly unlikely I would like to remind them of this....
Highly unlikely things happen every day and when they do, they stop being highly unlikely and become reality.

What's your thoughts....What do you consider reasonable preparedness be it for an epidemic outbreak to a sudden loss of something else that impinges on the necessities of living..

Old 10-14-2014, 08:38 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
I believe there is a discussion of this on the Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness forum.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:38 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
A little late now.......but, would have worked in the beginning. I wish our president felt like South Korea's president. We do not want any Ebola in our country! Stop travel to any infected country, check everyone for fever traveling in, and question everyone. But, we just couldn't help being the first to cure Ebola, because we have to prove we are the best at everything. Well, you know what, we aren't and that is just an American dream that may have just introduced a deadly virus we have no idea how to fight in America. To late now.

Since I wasn't asked first, yes, I'm pissed we brought it here via our laxed attitude and our pompous character that we could prevent the spread of it if it came here. So far, we can't. Now what?
We do have checks, Duncan lied. How do you propose circumventing that?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
[/b][/b]

This proves that information is being suppressed for some reason. I am NOT talking about Nina Pham, the nurse who treated Duncan. The person I am speaking about, is the 4th person who was transported to the Atlanta hospital on September 9.

As far as privacy, why is it that names and details have been released for everyone, including Ms. Pham (who requested total privacy) but not this other mystery patient?

And no, I don't need a lengthy biography. Just the same basic information that didn't seem to be withheld for the other Ebola victims.
I realized that after I wrote the post. My answer still stands. Do you think this is all part of a "grand conspiracy"?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Third, what exactly do you want to know? What do you need to know? What I have is enough information for me.
I'd like to know what type of symptoms he had, the types of treatment, how he responded to the treatment, his condition status through out and currently, etc.. I don't want his identity or any background. Just the medical info.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:41 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We do have checks, Duncan lied. How do you propose circumventing that?
If travel was restricted he wouldn't have been here.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:43 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

What spread of it? Realistically now, not some science fiction fantasy version. Thomas Duncan was in the ER and out in the community while symptomatic. There are no other cases, except for a nurse in contact at the peak of the viral load (yes I know there's still time). Thus one could reasonably surmise that while it's infectious, unless you have the right contact at the right time it is not particularly contagious. If it were, we'd have his family plus numerous hospital staff, ER visitors, and whomever else infected. But they aren't. So calm it down.

This hysterical over reaction and the resultant calls for excessive action are far more dangerous to our society at large than the actual virus.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:46 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
SNIP

This hysterical over reaction and the resultant calls for excessive action are far more dangerous to our society at large than the actual virus.
What they said in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events