Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 03:51 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
The next question, what are you going to do about it?
Are you asking Cape Cod Todd what he's going to do about it?

Old 11-29-2014, 04:02 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Did you really actually read any of the evidence? You can't possibly believe that a police officer would actually "pull" a 6'4", 300 pound guy into his patrol car putting himself in a dangerous situation and then what? Fake a struggle for his gun and shoot brown? Then let him go and shoot him as he is fleeing? That is absolutely preposterous. You either are completely biased due to your own racism like the residents of that area or you just simply refuse to believe anything but that ridiculous scenario.
The same way you don't believe Dorian's version of events, I certainly don't believe Wilson's.

Wilson NEVER wrote an INCIDENT REPORT after this happened.

Wilson CLEANED UP HIS OWN CRIME SCENE.

The stuff that Ferguson PD allowed him to do is absolutely mind-boggling:

1) Let him keep his weapon

2) Let him clean up his own crime scene

3) Did not have a senior officer question him at the scene AND take his gun

4) NEVER wrote an Incident Report on what happened

5) Said his dashcam was "not working"

6) He supposedly called for back up, but oopsie! The radio was on the WRONG frequency.

7) When asked why he didn't mace Brown, he said Brown's hands were by his face and that it would "just get all over the place"

8) When asked why he didn't taser him, he said "They're uncomfortable and I have no place to put them in the front (was he alluding that he had a big package or sumthin'? )

Everything this man did that would get a REGULAR cop FIRED, he was allowed to get away with. He also had a DA that handed his defense attorney a win.

Dude is a DISASTER.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:07 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
I'm not surprised by Watson's preaching on the issue, but I am surprised by how much time they gave him to talk about his Christian viewpoint on the issue on CNN.

Usually, the network really doesn't cover religion in depth, like this.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:15 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Are you asking Cape Cod Todd what he's going to do about it?
No, the NFL player. It's all good and dandy to sit back make your comments and then go on living your life while your race continues to degrade themselves. It's time for the black community to stand up for their beliefs and stop idolizing the thug lifestyle. Won't happen, JayZ makes too much money off of it.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:23 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
No surprise as it was a police officer doing his duty. In Miami back in the Summer of 2010 to early 2011 we had a number of police shootings of black males. All investigated and two officers let go where they were at fault. System does work.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:29 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,234 times
This is insane

LiveLeak.com - Man Murdered in Ferguson On November 24th May Have Been Grand Jury Member

Old 11-29-2014, 04:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Nope. Rush is lambasted DAILY, in the media and elsewhere, by whites and everyone else. ALL THE TIME. He's an ass.
As are Jackson and Sharpton.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:39 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Generally speaking the message I've gotten from this situation and others like it is that black males pretty much have to be perfect individuals for their murders by police officers or any white person not to be justified. You have to be an A student, never gotten in any trouble with the law, never did drugs, never gotten into a fight etc.

This is why you see such a mass demonization and character assassination any time one is murdered. You can tell a lot of these commentators and people posting on the internet want to say(and many have)that they had it coming to them. "Well come on he smoked weed and got suspended from school, he wasn't some angel" etc.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:42 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
I was not surprised.

But I learned a lot from all this about how much influence prosecutors (assistant prosecutors) have when it comes to grand jury indictments.

They be able to get an indictment for the proverbial ham sandwich, but not for cops, even when they are clearly warranted.
Anyone who believes Officer Wilson should be indicted is insane. Why don't you stop advocating for criminals?

Old 11-29-2014, 04:44 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Generally speaking the message I've gotten from this situation and others like it is that black males pretty much have to be perfect individuals for their murders by police officers or any white person not to be justified. You have to be an A student, never gotten in any trouble with the law, never did drugs, never gotten into a fight etc.

This is why you see such a mass demonization and character assassination any time one is murdered. You can tell a lot of these commentators and people posting on the internet want to say(and many have)that they had it coming to them. "Well come on he smoked weed and got suspended from school, he wasn't some angel" etc.
That was the first thing I learned from Brown and Trayvon Martin's deaths. The second thing I learned was that many Americans support police officers killing suspects, denying Americans rights and basically acting as the lone arm of the justice system in this country. The third thing I learned was that many Americans believe only nice or likable people have rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events