Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 11:13 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post

Where's your REAL evidence?
20,000 Hezbollah rockets and 5000 Hamas rockets that were actually fired at Israel is not evidence? Oh, they are real alright. And where did they come from? Why is Hezbollah fighting tooth and nail to keep Assad in power. They want to keep their bridge to Iran open. And what do they need Iran for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
There is no nuke in Iran. Gareth Porter has completely debunked this myth.
I bet if you get pushed you'd say they are entitled to have one. US has them, why not Iran?

Old 12-01-2014, 11:33 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,554 times
The F-4 is a wonderful jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What a joke. A 40-year old F-4 does a fly over just to muddy the waters. Enough to claim later that Iran air strikes pushed back ISIS. That thing is barely afloat.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
The F-4 is a wonderful jet.
57 Chevy is a great car too but I don’t see very many of them on race tracks.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:59 AM

271 posts, read 532,236 times
Great stuff, leavingIL. You're bang on.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:31 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,619 times
Slightly off topic, but I always thought it "funny" that with how venomous Isreal is to Iran, why were they willing to be the conduit between the US and Iran in the guns for hostages/oil part of the Iran Contra affair?

Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM

610 posts, read 698,983 times
Quote:
I bet if you get pushed you'd say they are entitled to have one. US has them, why not Iran?
No. Nobody should have a nuclear weapon. It is explicitly designed to kill as many innocent people as possible, and even one innocent person dead is a moral tragedy.

Quote:
20,000 Hezbollah rockets and 5000 Hamas rockets that were actually fired at Israel is not evidence? Oh, they are real alright. And where did they come from? Why is Hezbollah fighting tooth and nail to keep Assad in power. They want to keep their bridge to Iran open. And what do they need Iran for?
I'll give you Hezbollah in terms of Iranian influence, but not Hamas. That's just Israeli propaganda to comport to the "poor-little-Israel" narrative from guys like Dennis Prager and Michael Savage and their ilk... the kinds of zionists that argue that Israel is this poor little state that doesn't do anything to anyone and is surrounded by enemies that would pounce on them in a second if not for their U.S. military alliance. This narrative is garbage and the same people who concocted it are the ones trying to draw a Hamas-Iran connection deeper than the one that exists. Certainly, Iran has payed lip service to Hamas' fight and there is evidence of tacit, if meager, support. But to claim that they're under Iranian control is madness.

And as for Hezbollah, that's not entirely accurate either. It should be noted that Hezbollah formed as a reactionary group to the Israeli occupation of Southern Lebanon and their hand in the Sabra and Shatila massacres in the first place. They're not some rogue Iranian-backed psuedo state whose purpose for existence is to wipe Israel out. They're terrorists, no doubt, but they're resistance-based terrorists, and almost all of the horrible things they've been blamed for doing spontaneously for terrorist motives were, by the State Department's own admission, generally retaliatory for Israeli attacks. That is not to justify what they do, or even their existence. That is just to point out that they're not constantly threatening Israel with destruction and chaos in the way that Bibi and his cronies would love for us to believe.

Also, they're not involved in Syria just to keep their Iranian lifeline open, although I'm sure they'd love that. They're primarily involved in Syria to keep the ISIS loons from wiping out the Shia population of the Levant; as the primary Shia resistance movement in the Arab world, and probably the best-trained Arab army, many of their leaders have spoken of considering it a "duty" to do what they're doing. I disagree completely, but again, I'm just using this to show that the "constant-threat-to-Israel" narrative is really more media scaremongering than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Do you visit earth much.
Yes. And, as is characteristic of the Iran-has-a-nuclear-weapons-program crowd, you didn't actually give me any evidence, you just try to character assassinate me. Most of the IAEA reports that the media points to are twisted in such ridiculous ways that they are made to appear to say almost the exact opposite of what they actually do. Case in point, there was recently this huge uproar (like a week ago?) about a kilogram of missing Uranium in Iranian nuclear facilities. The report went on to say that the special IAEA seal was not broken, and the original contents of the drum had not actually been weighed, only estimated on two separate occasions, and that each estimate was subjective and it did not indicate that any Uranium had been removed. The U.S. and Israeli media, however, spun that to read that the Iranians had taken a kilogram of unprocessed Uranium and diverted it to a weapons facility, which they supported with the "evidence" of the discrepancy between the two reports, leaving off entirely the IAEA's own conclusion that there was nothing significant whatsoever about the discrepancy. This has happened ever since '79 when they became bogeyman #1 to the American media.

Like I said, if anyone can give me real evidence that hasn't been debunked by actual experts or journalists (and David Albright is neither an "expert" nor a "journalist" so save me any of that fraud's work) then I'd be happy to change my opinion. Problem is, there just isn't any out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events