Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 08:55 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Let me put it a different way, then. I personally had 2 DWI's in the 1980's, plus a driving-while-suspended-for-DWI. I am an average guy, not a millionaire.

As an average guy who grew up in a working class family and who has had non-amicable contact with law enforcement, I am embarrassed for the working class Rams players who haven't bothered to learn the facts of the Mike Brown case. He did not have his hands up despite what his crime partner told the TV news crews on the day of the shooting.
no you are not an average guy based on the above post. You are a thug and just as some of us are outraged at the level of police brutality; should a black police officer legally murder you in the name of enforcing the law, we will also be outraged; even though we will be embarrassed about your drunk charges while claiming to be an average joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 06:50 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
All but 2 witnesses I believe, said that Brown's hands were up when Wilson started shooting.
That's it, keep perpetuating the myth ....

You are 100% wrong. Have you even bothered to read the testimony?

Old 12-05-2014, 07:14 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post

We have "tent city" for regular folks who get a dui here in phoenix, but wealthy people can pay a lil' extra to do their time in Scottsdale.. with air conditioning..

Mark Grace went to Tent City, and so have other rich people.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:16 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
All but 2 witnesses I believe, said that Brown's hands were up when Wilson started shooting.

And Don Lemon? What a joke.
The witnesses that said that changed their story at the grand jury or were discredited when questioned. Some "witnesses" weren't even there.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:46 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,683,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Mark Grace went to Tent City, and so have other rich people.
Rich people get a choice, poor people don't.

They aren't "equal" to everyone else, that's the point.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:40 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I can't believe that neither the Rams organization nor the NFL reprimanded the players for that. They can't even dance when they make a touchdown, but they can make a public statement that is basically pro-thug/anti-police.

A St. Louis bar owner, the Time Out Bar and Grill, took down all Rams decorations and is going to offer drink specials during Kansas City Chiefs games now instead of Rams games. And because of that, a bunch of pro-thug people went on Yelp and Urban Spoon and gave false bad reviews of the Time Out Bar and Grill. Nice, huh? A guy stands up for what is right and thugs try to hurt his business.

St. Louis bar now backs Chiefs after Rams players

Time Out Sports Bar & Grill - Dutchtown - Saint Louis, MO | Yelp

Time-Out Bar & Grill - Tower Grove - St Louis | Urbanspoon
You really think this bar owner cares? This is just some oaf who saw a chance for some free publicity and went for it. In your own links there's plenty of reviews that trash the place long before the game in question. By most previous accounts, this is just a run of the mill neighborhood dive bar........I've been in places like this all over the country and I usually like them.....However, holding the owner up as a paragon of virtue is simply ridiculous. This is just a cheap, opportunistic grab at the limelight. I think the fact that he'd sell "his team" out at the drop of a hat (or raising of hands) shows his true colors. He was probably never a fan in the first place, he was just pandering to what he thought his lower middle class clientele wanted.

Oh......and who gives a flying football over what alcohol soaked Mike Ditka thinks? Wanna ask him about climate change next and plaster his opinions all over the interweb? Maybe we should ask him how to make peace in the Middle East? I bet that would be enlightening.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:06 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So....

You have a problem with pro athletes expressing their first amendment right on their highest platform.....

....but you don't have a problem with a former athlete/coach and current public figure expressing his first amendment right on one of his highest platforms.

Gooooooooo figure.
When it is based upon propagating A Big Lie, yes, I sure do. The thug's hands were never up and he never surrendered. Not ever.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
So if you support the Ferguson protests and an end to Police corruption you didn't work hard to get where your at??
Yes. They are thugs and a professional rent a mob, pushing A Big Lie.

Quote:
What narrative are you pushing here?
The Truth. It is a "reactionary" act, I know.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
And all but two witnesses were *lying*. Forensic evidence and all that. Someone with his "hands up" *can't* get shot the way Mr. Brown was shot. The entrance and exit wounds indicate Mr. Brown had his hands down and was attacking the officer.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I can't believe that neither the Rams organization nor the NFL reprimanded the players for that. They can't even dance when they make a touchdown, but they can make a public statement that is basically pro-thug/anti-police.

A St. Louis bar owner, the Time Out Bar and Grill, took down all Rams decorations and is going to offer drink specials during Kansas City Chiefs games now instead of Rams games. And because of that, a bunch of pro-thug people went on Yelp and Urban Spoon and gave false bad reviews of the Time Out Bar and Grill. Nice, huh? A guy stands up for what is right and thugs try to hurt his business.

St. Louis bar now backs Chiefs after Rams players

Time Out Sports Bar & Grill - Dutchtown - Saint Louis, MO | Yelp

Time-Out Bar & Grill - Tower Grove - St Louis | Urbanspoon
Sadly not surprising. Yelp and Urban Spoon have a large contingent of criminal coddling denizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events