Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:23 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,724,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I think the OP's post was meant to be completely sarcastic. I highly doubt anyone here truly believes that Obama had anything to do with the falling gas prices, or even the rising gas prices in the past.

Exactly, but, if the gas prices continued to rise we know it would be Obama at work in all his devious ways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 03:36 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
I was wondering that also. I actually find it annoying that Republicans blame Obama for everything even weather
Sorry but Obama blames us for the weather. Remember the Climate change bandwagon he rides?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:38 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Can we keep these posts that say "he had nothing to do with oil prices dropping" when they go back up??

Old 12-16-2014, 03:42 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
the office of the president is no doubt important, but it's largely symbolic. It's important for morale, it's polarizing, and it sets the tone for how everything from policy to the economy reacts.

And has very little control over any of it.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:45 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Can we keep these posts that say "he had nothing to do with oil prices dropping" when they go back up??
Won't happen. The right wingers were saying that Obama was lowering gas prices in anticipation of the election to help D's. Once the election passed and gas prices kept dropping they gave credit to Bush of all people.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:30 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,562 times
The Issue made was, Some people have lied and blamed him for everything thats gone wrong in 15 years or more, so why not thank him too? Not One of those scumbags said a word after GW posed on ship deck with a sign that said: Mission Accomplished.. and yet another $2,000,000,000,000.00 was spent and 4000 more Americans gave their lives for Cheneys 401K.. Maybe thats the point..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If the OP can give an example of anything that Obama has done to lower oil/gas prices, I'll gladly give Obama credit where credit is due.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:32 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,562 times
PLEASE tell me no one is still doubted climate change.. please ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry but Obama blames us for the weather. Remember the Climate change bandwagon he rides?

Old 12-16-2014, 04:39 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
The Issue made was, Some people have lied and blamed him for everything thats gone wrong in 15 years or more, so why not thank him too? Not One of those scumbags said a word after GW posed on ship deck with a sign that said: Mission Accomplished.. and yet another $2,000,000,000,000.00 was spent and 4000 more Americans gave their lives for Cheneys 401K.. Maybe thats the point..
they gotcha!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:44 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Obama got blamed for high gas prices by Republicans a couple of years ago
Is Obama to Blame for High Gas Prices?

It got me wondering
Will the party of "values" now thank President Obama for low gas prices?
Gasoline price hits five-year low | TheHill

First of all, the article you linked just asks the question, whether or not Obama is to blame.

Regardless, I get your point since there are those who blame Obama for high prices.
However let me point out that actual (D) leaders including Obama, not just CD posters, were blaming Bush for high gas prices. Here is one of many videos showing them railing against and blaming Bush;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Oek6ZboAI

Yet when prices reached new highs under Obama and remained there for years, (D) leaders claimed it was not Obama's fault.
Furthermore these same hypocrites tried to spin it as a good thing because fewer people driving meant more lives saved on the highways and other such nonsense.
Funny how they did not feel the same way when an (R) was in the White House.

Lastly, while I do not blame Obama directly, he has a stated policy of higher energy costs including high gas prices. Sure the (R) House blocked him on his "Cap & Trade policies", but he still managed to do things that were not favorable to the oil & coal industry. Having Chu as his energy secretary is but one example, thereby causing prices to rise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma1gwZYw1cY

So unlike most presidents who have little control over the global price of oil, Obama set out to raise prices, and to some extent (aside from things he cannot control) was successful.
Since your OP was predicated on a that a boy to Obama, are you willing to acknowledge the aforementioned?

`

Old 12-16-2014, 05:20 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,007,822 times
It's hilarious to watch Americans celebrate a malicious trade war undertaken by Saudi Arabia against western sources of energy. So Americans now want MORE of their oil to come from the Middle East and, in particular, one of the most evil nations on the planet, who directly fund terrorism on the down low. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events