Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 08:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Only Wisconsin...

I always thought when they released the state quarters, they should have made a series of sarcastic ones.

Wisconsin could have been all the psychos... Like a Mt. Rushmore of Doom.

Ed Gein, Jeffrey Dahmer, Terry Ratzmann... This one would have fit in well.
Only Wisconsin? What does that mean exactly? Listen, your neverending insulting the state you don't even live in has gotten beyond old, ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 09:03 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Only Wisconsin? What does that mean exactly? Listen, your neverending insulting the state you don't even live in has gotten beyond old, ok?
I'm honest about Wisconsin... I have posted plenty of positive and negative things about it.

If you can't see the humor in the post, you need to switch to Decaf or something... Especially considering you jump on my back regarding anything and everything.

There have more than a few total psychos who have come from - or done their "work" - in Wisconsin. I'm not bashing the state... It's simple state history and all I'm saying is add another to the list.

But I guess you can live in denial of you want to.

As Aaron would say... R-E-L-A-X...

Old 12-22-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
I'm honest about Wisconsin... I have posted plenty of positive and negative things about it.

If you can't see the humor in the post, you need to switch to Decaf or something... Especially considering you jump on my back regarding anything and everything.

There have more than a few total psychos who have come from - or done their "work" - in Wisconsin. I'm not bashing the state... It's simple state history and all I'm saying is add another to the list.

But I guess you can live in denial of you want to.

As Aaron would say... R-E-L-A-X...
I jump on your back when you post incorrect or negative opinion pieces & you do it often. You no longer live in the state, worry about your own city/state.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
I disagree, if he really wanted to insult Wisconsin he would have posted a bunch of links about their citizenry having sex with dead people, livestock and game

Old 12-22-2014, 09:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
I jump on your back when you post incorrect or negative opinion pieces & you do it often. You no longer live in the state, worry about your own city/state.

So posters aren't supposed to make positive or negative comments on issues regarding states they don't reside in?

The things you learn on these boards!

Old 12-22-2014, 09:12 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
FYI- The word "thug" comes from the "thugee" cult in India.

The word "mugged" also comes from that era where british soldiers would be "mugged" which essentially meant robbed and the body thrown to the mugger crocodiles to dispose of the evidence.

So, the word thug generally applies to an individual that participates in violent robberies so stop trying to change a words meaning because you don't like it.

The word that would apply to these girls would be psychos as they did not rob their victim and their motivation was crazy...but they knew what they were doing was wrong, planned it etc. so they themselves were not truly insane.

Lastly, to anyone crying that the word "thug" is racist....look closely at the torso of Mr. Shakur.
File:Tupac Shakur (rapper), performing live.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never heard of "thug life" huh? smh.....

Old 12-22-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I disagree, if he really wanted to insult Wisconsin he would have posted a bunch of links about their citizenry having sex with dead people, livestock and game
Funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
So posters aren't supposed to make positive or negative comments on issues regarding states they don't reside in?

Not when that person continually goes on the Wisconsin/Milwaukee forum. I'm sure you would take offense as well if someone routinely insulted the state you live in when that person does not live in the state.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:16 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
True, I've done that in exchanging jabs with Wisconsin people as I grew up in Illinois and you KNOW they don't go easy on IL (not that they should).

Heck, let me put it this way....when you actually have a word like FIB (an acronym to be precise) that is in the vernacular of Wisconsin residents you probably need to be thicker skinned when it's your turn to get skewered.

Heck, I live in KS now and if you think getting picked on for living in WI or IL is bad.....we are constantly targeted by morons grinding political knives on us, generally over half-truths etc.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Bahaha... For real. I hit the quote button when dude posted that... It was such a ridiculous comment, I stared at my reply box and didn't even know where to start.

That's how he is with pretty much everything... If you don't see eye to eye, you are horrible, know nothing of the subject in discussion and should be banned from posting about said subject.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Funny!

Not when that person continually goes on the Wisconsin/Milwaukee forum. I'm sure you would take offense as well if someone routinely insulted the state you live in when that person does not live in the state.
Uhm yeah, I lived there for 28 years up until (not even) two years ago... I think I have a right to be on the Wisconsin / Milwaukee forum... Didn't know I needed permission, either... And not everything I post is negative... Far from it. I speak high of Milwaukee's suburbs, living in Appleton and Wisconsin's enthusiasm for sports quite often. Guess you just got your head so far up your a.... I mean, I guess you just don't see it when I post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events