Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 09:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Uhm yeah, I lived there for 28 years up until (not even) two years ago... I think I have a right to be on the Wisconsin / Milwaukee forum... Didn't know I needed permission, either... And not everything I post is negative... Far from it. I speak high of Milwaukee's suburbs, living in Appleton and Wisconsin's enthusiasm for sports quite often. Guess you just got your head so far up your a.... I mean, I guess you just don't see it when I post it.
Looks like I hit a sensitive spot with you, nice last sentence. Stay classy.

These girls, although they're only 12 which let's face it is developmentally young, still need to be charged & put away for this crime. They attempted to murder their friend. That is obviously not normal behavior for a 12 year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 09:52 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Looks like I hit a sensitive spot with you, nice last sentence. Stay classy.

These girls, although they're only 12 which let's face it is developmentally young, still need to be charged & put away for this crime. They attempted to murder their friend. That is obviously not normal behavior for a 12 year old.
I see you commenting in threads based on multiple locations... Can you please limit your commenting to threads based on whatever city you are typing in at this very moment?
Thank you.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:14 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Although what these girls were totally wrong, they were only 12 years old at the time.
I have trouble calling any 12 YO a thug or saying they should be put to death.

Whether we like it or not, their age was a huge factor.
Yeah for sure. I have a feeling they are sociopaths.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:48 AM

672 posts, read 789,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Yeah for sure. I have a feeling they are sociopaths.
That is probably true, or at least, there is likely some mental condition. Just because they were deemed competent to stand trial does not mean that either one or both aren't mentally ill in some capacity.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
IIMO it wasn't a case of being insane, it was just stupid enough to believe an online urban legend. I mean Slenderman is an online Chupacabra or Jersey Devil.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I think it hasn't gained much traction because everyone is pretty much appaled. Whitey ain't burning buildings and putting wings on pigs over it.

I see where you're going with this, so please stop.

It's not even in the same stratosphere as Brown and Garner.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:05 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I see where you're going with this, so please stop.

It's not even in the same stratosphere as Brown and Garner.
It's too late. The whole thread already went there from the first post. Nor do I disagree. It never "gained traction" because of that.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Although what these girls were totally wrong, they were only 12 years old at the time.
I have trouble calling any 12 YO a thug or saying they should be put to death.

Whether we like it or not, their age was a huge factor.
Really? I saw Tamir Rice referred to as a thug many times on this forum. Guess how old he was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
FYI- The word "thug" comes from the "thugee" cult in India.

The word "mugged" also comes from that era where british soldiers would be "mugged" which essentially meant robbed and the body thrown to the mugger crocodiles to dispose of the evidence.

So, the word thug generally applies to an individual that participates in violent robberies so stop trying to change a words meaning because you don't like it.

The word that would apply to these girls would be psychos as they did not rob their victim and their motivation was crazy...but they knew what they were doing was wrong, planned it etc. so they themselves were not truly insane.

Lastly, to anyone crying that the word "thug" is racist....look closely at the torso of Mr. Shakur.
File:Tupac Shakur (rapper), performing live.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never heard of "thug life" huh? smh.....
Again, Tamir Rice ~ called a thug over and over again on CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
That is probably true, or at least, there is likely some mental condition. Just because they were deemed competent to stand trial does not mean that either one or both aren't mentally ill in some capacity.
Are we making excuses for these girls? I guess one could argue that any murderer has a mental condition.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:04 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Really? I saw Tamir Rice referred to as a thug many times on this forum. Guess how old he was?

Again, Tamir Rice ~ called a thug over and over again on CD.

Are we making excuses for these girls? I guess one could argue that any murderer has a mental condition.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:36 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
[quote=Ringo1;37735797

Are we making excuses for these girls? I guess one could argue that any murderer has a mental condition.[/QUOTE]

Their mental condition is believing in an online urban legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events