Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 12:57 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Can't believe I missed this, but way to prove my point.

You literally have nothing to go off of but some pictures of a teenager flipping off a camera, and nothing else, but that's somehow enough for you to determine he's a thug. I noticed you didn't say anything about the white kids taking photos doing far worse (and illegal) things in pictures. No, of course not.

Then you have a loser like GZ who has been arrested multiple times, even after the murder trial, yet somehow he continues to get the benefit of the doubt. Y'all vilify a teenager over some pictures, but defend a grown man who has a pattern of bad behavior and getting arrested. It's painfully obvious why. Pathetic.

The smug attitude by those happy GZ was acquitted is pretty disturbing.

But, water seeks its own level.
I believe you missed it, since you seem to have missed everything else.

I don't need to have anything to "go on" since Martins actions speak for themselves. He tried to beat up a guy with a gun and got shot for his trouble. That's all I need. Court said it was justified, and I would have done the same thing. Nothing else required. Your opinion is noted and changes nothing. My opinion is exactly what happened. Live with it...

Old 02-26-2015, 12:59 PM

635 posts, read 784,205 times
The most tried by the media guy? I wish they would leave the poor guy alone.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:00 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Can't believe I missed this, but way to prove my point.

You literally have nothing to go off of but some pictures of a teenager flipping off a camera, and nothing else, but that's somehow enough for you to determine he's a thug. I noticed you didn't say anything about the white kids taking photos doing far worse (and illegal) things in pictures. No, of course not.

Then you have a loser like GZ who has been arrested multiple times, even after the murder trial, yet somehow he continues to get the benefit of the doubt. Y'all vilify a teenager over some pictures, but defend a grown man who has a pattern of bad behavior and getting arrested. It's painfully obvious why. Pathetic.

The smug attitude by those happy GZ was acquitted is pretty disturbing.

But, water seeks its own level.
Yea, it is so smug to think that we are innocent until proven guilty in this country. And he wasn't found guilty.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:03 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The problem here is how the "Stand Your Ground" law is written. It needs to be completely overhauled.
Years ago, in Leesburg, FL, a little girl riding at the back of her dad's car was shot dead because her dad and some other moron in a different car were carrying on, road-raging and threatening each other. One man fired, missed, and hit the little girl. The man is out Scott-free.
Both he and the dad realized how stupid their actions were.

Similarly, here we have an armed man stalking an unarmed teen who is simply walking. He instigates a fight, apparently "loses," and so decides to kill the teen.

The law pretty much says that you can kill if you're getting your a$$ kicked and are in fear for your life, which is what he claims he did.
It's a stupid law. It's murder. It's not involuntary. Anyone who thinks he did the right thing is blinded by *insert whatever you want here.*
Oh yes. Much better to just take it, curl up in a fetal position, and let the other guy kill YOU.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
If right-wingers are celebrating (as is the case here), America is losing.

If Martin were white, you'd be calling for Jorge Zimmerman's half-Latino head on a platter, so spare me.

Dead black teenager? Right-wingers will stand in line to drink the bathwater of any man who makes that happen.

Only racists try what your trying. Or other folks who are like Martin and feel guilty enough to try and justify their own idea of right and wrong. Chill. No one knows what you need to justify, or cares.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I believe you missed it, since you seem to have missed everything else.

I don't need to have anything to "go on" since Martins actions speak for themselves. He tried to beat up a guy with a gun and got shot for his trouble. That's all I need. Court said it was justified, and I would have done the same thing. Nothing else required. Your opinion is noted and changes nothing. My opinion is exactly what happened. Live with it...
I've moved on from the decision by the jury, even before the decision reached by the DOJ.

What I am currently talking about is how you and others are so quick to judge someone off a picture.

How did you come to that conclusion about TM based on a picture (while ignoring the pictures of white kids doing illegal activities, again), yet you seem to not want to question GZ's character despite his multiple run-ins with the law.

Not sure if you have been paying attention, obviously not, but this thread is about GZ's continually getting arrested, continually demonstrating the loser that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
The most tried by the media guy? I wish they would leave the poor guy alone.
I'm hoping this poster is being sarcastic, unfortunately though, a lot of people probably share this same stupid sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yea, it is so smug to think that we are innocent until proven guilty in this country. And he wasn't found guilty.
That's not what I was referring to, anyone who's been paying any attention to the last handful of pages to this thread knows that.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Middle fingers with mean faces in pics = menace to society. You're beyond delusional.

Posted in Social Media, its an open book to your personality and speaks volume. It says he is an individual that has contempt for everyone that views those pictures, and thinks of himself as a "Gangsta" Punk. The Court system said he was a menace to society, so shooting him was justified. Had he lived he would have been charged with a Felony Assault and been jailed as an adult.

Its know he had had gun negotiations, and its leaked he had police problems as a juvenile, but it was illegal to make them public.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:20 PM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh yes. Much better to just take it, curl up in a fetal position, and let the other guy kill YOU.
So by your logic, I can walk up to a random dude, start a fight, lose miserably, and shoot him in self-defense... The law would probably let me get off with minimal punishment. It's a stupid law.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:21 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
^^The above has happened in Florida.

A few cases were presented where CCW holders did so. Intention was to bring discredit upon Stand Your Ground. But you know, some folks will abuse any right and then of course you have to consider how the fight progresses. Some fisticuffs are lightweight, some are brutal and occasionally a lucky hit will incapacitate someone, someone wants to disengage but the other does not,etc. lotsa options there. A few folks in my area, South Florida, over the years suffered one blow and lost consciousness then suffered more damage, sometimes fatal, as they struck the floor/pavement.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:25 PM

17,172 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Your second paragraph is not what the courts documented. If you have a videotape of this you missed your chance to show it when Zimmerman was being tried.

Anyone who thinks the results of a trial by jury and the courts is wrong and wish revenge should *insert whatever you want here*
You clearly miscomprehended what I wrote. I never said that the jury was wrong.

And the courts did in fact document that Zimmerman followed TM. The 911 records indicate that too. Whether or not TM decided to confront his follower is what was up in the air, and really, isn't of much relevance anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events