Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 08:51 PM

16,574 posts, read 8,600,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Hey. Guess what.

He wouldn't have had to go through any of it if he would've just stayed in his truck like he was instructed and let the people who actually graduated from police academy and are paid to be a police officer for a living do their job.

This guy clearly has severe issues and brings all his problems on himself, which is why he still can't stay out of trouble.
I don't disagree with the thought he has issues, and there is no excuse for his treatment of women. Even if he was affected mentally due to the whole incident, find a punching bag or go work out to burn off your steam rather than raise a hand to a woman.

However, when you say he should have stayed in his truck, he was not legally bound to do so. Furthermore, he expressed a frustration of having done that previously only to have the potential criminal get away.
Personally I have experienced the same type of issues when calling the police only to have them arrive way too late to catch someone who is violating the law.
A perfect example are these losers who park in handicapped parking spaces. You call the moment you see them hopping out of their cars, but by the time the police show up, they are long gone. I have therefore gotten myself directly involved on more than one occasion by confronting the scofflaw. I guess if it devolved into a fight where someone got injured, arm chair quarterbacks might blame me for getting involved.
However I am not wired that way, and am old school. So for example when I hear about a woman screaming for help because she is being assaulted and no one comes to her aid because they are not cops, it makes my blood boil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
For the ones that continually support Zimmerman, would you have stayed in the truck or no?

Me personally, I would've stayed in the damn truck. Call the police, waited, continued monitoring the situation if I was truly concerned, but I would've stayed in the truck. When you try to be a hero and resolve situations yourself (especially when you aren't a professional), you're literally opening the door to unnecessary conflicts. If TM had've walked over to my truck, pulled me out of my window and beat my head against a sidewalk, then I would've shot him. But that's not what happened.

Also, would you randomly follow someone and be surprised if they got aggresive with you? Would you tailgate someone on the highway for miles and then be offended when they give you the bird? I'm just not sure how people continue to overlook that ZM started the confrontation.
When I talk with people who know me, and say why didn't a person do XYZ, I've been told on more than one occasion, not all people think like you, so you cannot hold them to your standards. They do rightly point out that I am much larger than most people, so I am probably accustom to getting involved in situations others would be afraid to.
While there might be some truth to that since I have nothing to judge it by other than my own experiences, I still believe I would intervene even if I was a smaller guy. Why?
Because I am a man, and you do not need to be big to be a man. Like the old saying goes, it is not the size of the dog in a fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog. Any guy with an old school upbringing who is an A type personality can be small, yet still be man enough to help someone in trouble.

Granted this does not mean Zimmerman is an old school man, because we do not go around threating women and throw wine bottles at them. For that I'd love to hear that someone kicked his rear for it.
However no matter how bad a person he is now, he did not break the law in the Martin case, even if he commits a crime anytime in the future.

`

Old 01-14-2015, 09:07 PM

16,574 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
If George Michael Zimmerman, student of Florida's Stand Your Ground laws, firearm aficionado, chronic power-tripper, failed police officer, loyal Osterman groupie and a man who lies like the rest of us breathe, should ever kill someone in actual self-defense, I will be his biggest supporter. In the meantime, I hope my own 17-year old would fight like hell to stay alive when looking at the barrel of a gun, just like Trayvon Martin.
It sounds like you are implying Martin fought like hell with Zimmerman because he was looking down the barrel of a gun.
If that is what you are saying, it is frankly absurd.
No one in their right mind will attack someone with a gun pointed at them unless they are high on drugs or insane.
So if you teach your son to fight with someone pointing a gun at you, it is the worst advice a parent can give to their kid. Teach them either to surrender and get into a submissive posture, or turn sideways, do some quick sidesteps (i.e. small target silhouette), then run like hell and scream for help.

`

Old 01-14-2015, 09:19 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No. I already said he was a Thug. This, however, does not make him guilty of murder. Got any other questions?Another satisfied customer.
Yeah, there was a second question that you conveniently edited out and did not respond to; here it is again: "Is that why you choose to believe him when he, and only he, claims he was attacked by Trayvon Martin even as solid evidence shows Martin ran away from him?"

Old 01-14-2015, 09:42 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
I hear they're reserving a prison cell for him. He SO deserved a long stay in one.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
When I talk with people who know me, and say why didn't a person do XYZ, I've been told on more than one occasion, not all people think like you, so you cannot hold them to your standards. They do rightly point out that I am much larger than most people, so I am probably accustom to getting involved in situations others would be afraid to.
While there might be some truth to that since I have nothing to judge it by other than my own experiences, I still believe I would intervene even if I was a smaller guy. Why?
Because I am a man, and you do not need to be big to be a man. Like the old saying goes, it is not the size of the dog in a fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog. Any guy with an old school upbringing who is an A type personality can be small, yet still be man enough to help someone in trouble.

Granted this does not mean Zimmerman is an old school man, because we do not go around threating women and throw wine bottles at them. For that I'd love to hear that someone kicked his rear for it.
However no matter how bad a person he is now, he did not break the law in the Martin case, even if he commits a crime anytime in the future.

`
I understand you're a man, as I am. And while I do respect your principles, I feel like it's not my place to involve myself in certain situations. For me, an ass parking in a handicap spot is not my concern because it doesn't harm anyone. A woman being assaulted right in front of me is another story. A burning building with a crying baby is another story. Some dude walking down the street in a hoodie at night time, whatever. As long as he doesn't have a ski mask on too, he probably won't trip my radar.

Zimmerman is a wannabe, because he stopped a crime that didn't even happen. From reading your posts throughout the forum, you seem like you're way more intelligent than him, and I don't think you would have confronted the kid when there was no issue to confront him for.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:07 PM

244 posts, read 248,065 times
Quote:
It sounds like you are implying Martin fought like hell with Zimmerman because he was looking down the barrel of a gun.
If that is what you are saying, it is frankly absurd.
No one in their right mind will attack someone with a gun pointed at them unless they are high on drugs or insane.
So if you teach your son to fight with someone pointing a gun at you, it is the worst advice a parent can give to their kid. Teach them either to surrender and get into a submissive posture, or turn sideways, do some quick sidesteps (i.e. small target silhouette), then run like hell and scream for help.

`
I'm not implying anything. Really. Trayvon did what he could to survive. Sadly it wasn't enough.

As to your advice, I will make a wild guess here that Trayvon didn't have much/any training or experience fending off strangers with guns. Hopefully Tracy and Sybrina will find a way to incorporate your excellent instructions for surviving an armed stalker into their youth program at some point. I don't much like that we put the onus for de-escalation and escape on our youth -- never mind the dead -- but as long as there are Zimmermans on the loose, I understand it's a necessary evil.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Yeah, there was a second question that you conveniently edited out and did not respond to; here it is again: "Is that why you choose to believe him when he, and only he, claims he was attacked by Trayvon Martin even as solid evidence shows Martin ran away from him?"
Son, take off those "I'm Black" glasses and for once listen to what was said.

I have never said that I believed either one. Unless you were on that Jury and have seen ALL the evidence, heard ALL the testimony and haven't gotten all your "facts" via the idiot cable news and/or social media, listened to the race baiting President/hucksters, then it is absolutely STUPID to take sides on this issue regardless of the Court decisions.

What I HAVE said is the Jury has decided that Zimmerman is not-guilty, hence innocent of the charges brought against him. For them to have done this they determined that he acted in self-defense and that only makes legal sense in regards to violent criminal attack. Hence Martin is a Thug. Now a dead Thug. I support the decisions of the court and IF something was improper about it, there is a very good appeals process in this country to deal with it.

You can choose to respect the Court decision or not, I don't really care. This is your issue. But if you spend your life completely obsessed and upset over things you can't control, then you are in for a sad life.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:28 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
WAldo you implied in more than one post that you believed he did the world a favor by killing this boy- your personal view- we all agree right or wrong- the jury decided and so it is-- we respect the laws set- two different points- law and moral- and how to apply wisdom in a circumstance- Z is an idiot- and some else who posted "cant wait on the cop"- to defend a person- a fire etc-- I, 5 ft, will jump 10 ft to defend a victim - even if just to scream- or throw something- but to play the lawman- not wise--only in movies

Old 01-15-2015, 05:52 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,502,557 times
Quote:

However, when you say he should have stayed in his truck, he was not legally bound to do so. Furthermore, he expressed a frustration of having done that previously only to have the potential criminal get away.
Personally I have experienced the same type of issues when calling the police only to have them arrive way too late to catch someone who is violating the law.
A perfect example are these losers who park in handicapped parking spaces. You call the moment you see them hopping out of their cars, but by the time the police show up, they are long gone. I have therefore gotten myself directly involved on more than one occasion by confronting the scofflaw. I guess if it devolved into a fight where someone got injured, arm chair quarterbacks might blame me for getting involved.
However I am not wired that way, and am old school. So for example when I hear about a woman screaming for help because she is being assaulted and no one comes to her aid because they are not cops, it makes my blood boil.
I understand your examples but here is what happened in GZ case - a boy in his hoodie, listening music and simply walking back home home and that was all! He hadn't done anything wrong to boil anybody's blood. If there was a real reason to suspect something foul - GZ should simply have gone forward say Hi and introduce himself. That was all needed that day. Instead, he decided to play detective (like it was an Alfred Hitchcock's movie), stalking the boy and find out what that foul play was and then make sure boy is punished. Just like in AH's movie things went wrong and boy was killed for NO REASON. If you are a reasonable person you will diffuse the situation and not flame it. He had a gun and everything why didn't he go forward and introduce himself? Again because he wanted to prove the world that he was the best cop ever with detective skills or GZ is simply too stupid to have ajob like that or any job for that matter. This is all common sense which GZ didn't have any - For example if you see a bunch of boys and look like they may throw a bunch of things and brake something near your house which would you do 1) you just step out of your house and show your presence 2)you play detective and wait for them to do something stupid and then make sure you punish them because you have a gun on you?

Old 01-15-2015, 05:54 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
]

How in the world could a 158 pound BOY strike a 204 Pound BoyManBoy...... in the Grass and KILL Him?

TM didn't even leave any truama to zimmerboy face , only minor bruising to the back of his GZ head Medical Personnel said that it wasn't that serious.
Yeah, that's because Z needed to cause wounds upon himself in a panic, before the cops arrived. He would have been in far worse shape and needing treatment, if what he said occurred had actually happened to him. There is far too much that doesn't add up about that incident, yet are still those who choose not to look between the lines or see the reality of a guy who, before and since, continues to get into trouble, due to his own hostile, aggressive and troublesome personality. It had nothing to do with a young boy, who, may or may not have had any (unrelated) issues of his own, trying to locate a home unfamiliar to him, in the dark, in the rain, with a stranger tracking him.

It has not had anything to do with his ex-wife or with the other women he has been involved, or with the guy he went to prison over, previously. It all has to do with HIM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events