Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't think I've bothered with your posts before, so it's probably your narcissism or paranoia, rather than my obsession.
Nah. Since I was responding to your commentary, I chalk it up to obsession. My recommendation, keep your side of the street clean and the rest will take care of itself.

If TM had done this, and not returned to where he knew that GZ, the creepy-ass-cracker, was sure to be, he'd be alive today.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:01 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Are GZ's statements to the police not testimony (I ask it as a serious question; I know he didn't testify at the trial)?

Care to address my other point?
No, Zimmerman's statements to police are certainly NOT testimony!

Testimony is given under oath and is subject to cross examination. Why do you think Zimmerman refused to testify? His story would have been torn to shreds.

Your other point was already answered in the last section of the same post you question, just read it

I'd suggest if your reading comprehension and knowledge of our judicial system is so poor, you not involve yourself in discussions requiring a modicum of insight.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:04 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well you are not correct. You confuse taking the stand with "testimony". It's true that Zimmerman did not take the stand. The US Constitution gives him this right. However there is plenty of testimony by Zimmerman as given to the police and presented by prosecutors in court. This would include the rather lengthy interview of what happened by Zimmerman's himself to police after he was read his Miranda rights. These conversations were recorded. Zimmerman's lawyers had nothing to do with this at this point as these were recordings played to the jurors. It counts as testimony.

Testimony is taken under oath and is subject to cross examination. None of the self serving contradictory nonsense spewed by Zimmerman was testimony.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Testimony is taken under oath and is subject to cross examination. None of the self serving contradictory nonsense spewed by Zimmerman was testimony.
How can it be self serving? It was presented by the prosecution and was the result of questions asked directly to Zimmerman by the police. Furthermore, anyone presenting evidence, as did these prosecutors, is subject to having that evidence cross examined and their conclusions cross examined. So by your own definition, Zimmerman provided testimony to the trial.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:27 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
How can it be self serving? It was presented by the prosecution and was the result of questions asked directly to Zimmerman by the police. Furthermore, anyone presenting evidence, as did these prosecutors, is subject to having that evidence cross examined and their conclusions cross examined. So by your own definition, Zimmerman provided testimony to the trial.
FYI, transcripts and video can't be put under oath or cross-examined. GZ wisely didn't take the stand. He didn't testify. His prior statements were offered as evidence.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
FYI, transcripts and video can't be put under oath or cross-examined. GZ wisely didn't take the stand. He didn't testify. His prior statements were offered as evidence.
You don't give oath to physical evidence as it can't tell lies. However the party presenting the evidence can be cross examined as I previously indicated and furthermore the authenticity of the evidence can be examined and tested.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:38 PM

104 posts, read 83,374 times
Quote:
It's good of you to finally admit this since the case has already been decided.
Admit? It isn't something I should need to admit. Why would you even think such a thing?

Old 01-25-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Case is closed as far as I'm concerned...
Is this thread not about GZ's behavior since the trial? It appears to be. We are quite within our rights to have opinions about his consistent anti-social behavior especially if we fear he is potentially dangerous. It is appropriate to discuss whether a person who has GZ's pattern with guns should be carrying. It is particularly pertinent to discuss this with an upcoming trial. The first case is closed. The most recent most certainly is not.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
And again, none of that matters. GZ didn't do anything illegal. Certainly nothing that would allow TM to assault him.

As I said earlier, the case started at the moment TM assaulted GZ. The rest is nothing but a distraction.
Is that not yet to be decided in Feb.?

Old 01-25-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
OK, I'll play. I'm pretty familiar with Florida's SYG law. Why don't you tell us how that law gave TM the right to assault GZ.
First you tell us how you know TM assaulted GZ. You begin with a faulty premise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events