Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
The problem with MJ legalization is that people don't stay home when they are impaired - they DWI, they work while impaired, etc.

Really? Because I gotta tell ya, the minute I toke up or crack a beer, I don't leave the house. If we have to go somewhere, my wife will drive. Secondly, I would never come to work under the influence of a mind altering substance, because I work in sales, and though sometimes I feel like I'd love to cop a buzz to deal with the BS in trying to wheel and deal with prospects and customers, I firmly believe in not mixing business with pleasure! That would be a disservice and disrespectful to my employer to show up under the influence, and I have too much integrity to do that! Not to mention you have to stay sharp, when negotiating with a potential customer! So, having said that, altering my mind so to speak is me time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 11:06 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
You either understand it or you don't - but there is one difference between alcohol and cannabis.

Alcohol makes people reckless. It makes people believe they're OK when they're not. Cannabis makes people cautious and there's an awareness that one is intoxicated.

Driving is a waste of a good buzz.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:11 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,946 times
You know what gets me about the alcohol and pot debate.....

As alchohol if used with poor decisions and judgement can cause life changing events.
And if used to the extreme it can and will more than likely cause your liver to fail. Not always.

With pot, it effects the brain. That is where it concentrates in the body.
It attaches fat cells to the brain cells and that never goes away.

So with pot and people smoking it, we have those people walking around and being in society with altered brains.
Brains that controll our reasoning, mental health status, which therefor goes into the area of depression and mimics mental illness.
Among other brain functionings that causes impairment in other areas.

While driving, while at work.
The residue as you pot smokers say, stays in your brain cells.
And I just don't get how some of you choose to be ignorant around that.

Andn don't ask me to post links on proof.
I have many a times before.
It is out there to go look for yourselves.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Really. Where did you read this?

Quote:
"Andn" that's exactly what I'm doing.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You either understand it or you don't - but there is one difference between alcohol and cannabis.

Alcohol makes people reckless. It makes people believe they're OK when they're not. Cannabis makes people cautious and there's an awareness that one is intoxicated.

Driving is a waste of a good buzz.

Indeed it is! And you are correct in regards to the differences between alcohol and cannabis. There are distinct differences! Though when you mix the two, you can get yourself pretty geeked!

Old 02-12-2015, 11:22 AM

I did a Google search for the phrases "attaches fat cells to brain cells" and "attaches fat cells to the brain cells" and got no results. I assume once the crawlers find this page, there will be one.

Atalanta, you seem to be well respected in other parts of this forum, but you do not understand what you're talking about here.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:23 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
Quote:

As alchohol if used with poor decisions and judgement can cause life changing events.
And if used to the extreme it can and will more than likely cause your liver to fail. Not always.

So with pot and people smoking it, we have those people walking around and being in society with altered brains.
Brains that controll our reasoning, mental health status, which therefor goes into the area of depression and mimics mental illness.

Wrong.

How Long Does Marijuana Stay in your System - Facts, Effects, Uses, Tests and Withdrawal | i Health Blogger

How Long Does Marijuana Stay In Your System?

The effects of cannabis may fade quickly after ingestion, but its active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol, can remain and be detected in the body for weeks, and maybe even longer. This shall depend on how the substance is metabolized.

Some tetrahydrocannabinol metabolites have an elimination half life of 20 hours, while others are stored in body fat and have elimination half lives of 10 to 13 days. Half lives may be influenced by how heavy the person weighs, how often he uses the drug, how much he consumes, and how long has he used it. [18]
Retention time of orally ingested marijuana ranges from 1 to 5 days. [19] Occasional smokers can take cannabis out of their system within just a few days. For regular heavy smokers, it will take 2 weeks to a month before drug levels reach nil. Those chronic users, who smoke weed on a daily basis, may still have it in their bodies even 2 to 3 months after their last consumption.

Cannabinoid Bioavailability: Example, THC

Typical plasma levels of THC after smoking Cannabis are 70-160 nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml). Because THC is lipid-soluble, it rapidly leaves the bloodstream and goes into the fatty tissues of the body. When Cannabis is smoked or inhaled, only about 10-25% of THC is absorbed into the bloodstream from the lungs and about 1% of that reaches the brain rapidly. This is important because brain cells possess unique binding sites for cannabinoids called cannabinoid receptors. When cannabinoids bind to these receptors, they trigger the pharmacological effects such as pain mitigation, nausea suppression and appetitie stimulation. After the patient stops ingesting Cannabis, plasma levels of THC typically decrease to less than 20 ng/ml within 30-45 minutes. Pharmacological activity peaks at about 20 minutes after inhalation and is gone within 3 hours.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:

People that are prescribed anti-depressants are walking around with altered brains! But I suppose, because it is legal, it's OK right? Also, try getting off of those when you've been on them awhile, and having to deal with all of the "wonderful" side-effects. At least with cannabis, it's not physically addictive, and even if there is withdrawl, it's pretty mild. I don't need to see any links that support the "Reefer Madness" propaganda either, because those are not concrete, and many have been debunked over and over again!

Old 02-12-2015, 11:37 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
People that are prescribed anti-depressants are walking around with altered brains! But I suppose, because it is legal, it's OK right?:rolleyes: Also, try getting off of those when you've been on them awhile, and having to deal with all of the "wonderful" side-effects. At least with cannabis, it's not physically addictive, and even if there is withdrawl, it's pretty mild. I don't need to see any links that support the "Reefer Madness" propaganda either, because those are not concrete, and many have been debunked over and over again!
What are you talking about????

People who are correctly prescribed anit deppresants are done so, because thier brain is lacking dopamine.
Thus the anti depressant. Which balances the brain out.

Try getting of them, what are you talking about???
Their is no withdrawl or symptoms of going off of them.
If so, mild then goes away.

Anti depresants don't effect the lungs and so much more that pot does

Old 02-12-2015, 11:44 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
Quote:
What are you talking about????

People who are correctly prescribed anit deppresants are done so, because thier brain is lacking dopamine.
Thus the anti depressant. Which balances the brain out.

Try getting of them, what are you talking about???
Their is no withdrawl or symptoms of going off of them.
If so, mild then goes away.

Anti depresants don't effect the lungs and so much more that pot does
You can't be serious, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events