Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 04:55 AM

19,342 posts, read 17,236,014 times

Advertisements

She chose to drive in this country, these are the laws. How is it she is violated by the removal of the head scarf but it's ok for her to drive alone? It's probable in her native country(or her parents) that she wouldn't even be allowed to drive, I guess you can pick and choose what rules apply.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 05:01 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,759,280 times
I'm surprised there is still a police force operating inside of Detroit.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 AM

11,652 posts, read 13,035,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
She chose to drive in this country, these are the laws. How is it she is violated by the removal of the head scarf but it's ok for her to drive alone? It's probable in her native country(or her parents) that she wouldn't even be allowed to drive, I guess you can pick and choose what rules apply.....
I couldn't have said it better!

Old 01-26-2015, 06:58 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,581,686 times
That is just total hogwash! No one should be allowed to drive with their face covered. People are getting VERY irritated with all the double standards allowed in the name of religious rights, and I'm one of them.You want to live in our country, then follow our laws and expect to have the same rights as we have, no more, no less.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:08 AM

240 posts, read 253,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
That is just total hogwash! No one should be allowed to drive with their face covered. People are getting VERY irritated with all the double standards allowed in the name of religious rights, and I'm one of them.You want to live in our country, then follow our laws and expect to have the same rights as we have, no more, no less.
And I'm tired of people who pretend this is about "religious rights", when in fact it is all about radical Islam trying to push the American way of life off a cliff. Call it what it really is so as not to cloud the advancing threat. The problem is Radical Islam.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 AM

9,900 posts, read 14,213,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
I think Michigan might be the only state that bows down to all minorities demands more than California does.
Please explain to me how Michigan bowed down to any demands in this situation.

The claimant asked to have a female take her picture and the officer refused. No one bowed down to anything.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:41 AM

3,787 posts, read 4,139,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
And I'm tired of people who pretend this is about "religious rights", when in fact it is all about radical Islam trying to push the American way of life off a cliff. Call it what it really is so as not to cloud the advancing threat. The problem is Radical Islam.

These people aren't radical; they are islamic. The problem is not radical islam. The problem is islam.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:04 PM

240 posts, read 253,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
These people aren't radical; they are islamic. The problem is not radical islam. The problem is islam.

I should have said radical Islamists, maybe. I don't really know who to trust anymore, James. Clearly Islam commands it's followers to kill the infidels (Christians). Anyone who doesn't understand that needs to read the Quran. The proof is in the actions anyway, but many people still refuse to acknowledge the threat.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:15 PM

29,232 posts, read 22,494,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I don't object to her being busted for a driving offense.
You are throwing up a straw man here- I don't think anyone is objecting to her arrest. It's all about the cops honoring her religion and allowing her to wear her headscarf.

How would you feel if the cops forced you to wear a turban or a Jewish head cap, just for the purposes of a mug shot? I'm pretty sure you would be upset as all get-outs if that happened.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:43 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,344,245 times
No actually a mug shot should show an unencumbered view of the face, neck, and ears. For facial recognition purposes.

So no hats, skull caps, beanies, turbans, or anything

Last edited by theoldnorthstate; 01-26-2015 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events