Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 07:58 PM

966 posts, read 1,356,895 times

Advertisements

Since everyone seems to be playing what if, What if the brothers missed and hit someone, What if the brothers caused a accident, What if the brothers.....
Well, how about this, What if the thieves got away, what if the next time they shot a cop, what if next time they ran over a family on their way to a movie ?

I do know that all the what ifs concerning the brothers did not happen, and all the what if of the thieves will never happen. If I had the chose, the thieves lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 08:21 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,198,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Exactly. Too many people are pushovers and that is why crime is thriving.
Crime has been on the decline for 20 years. The hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Exactly. Maybe if they shoot enough of them, the word will get out that stealing can get you killed.
Maybe if we shoot enough prostitutes word will get out that selling sex can get you killed?

Quote:
Again, I am glad the criminal is dead. Read the TX law and love it. I may rethink moving to TX. It is time to do something about crime and this shooting is a step in the right direction.
Maybe next time these two vigilantes will shoot through your windshield and kill you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
Since everyone seems to be playing what if, What if the brothers missed and hit someone, What if the brothers caused a accident, What if the brothers.....
Well, how about this, What if the thieves got away, what if the next time they shot a cop, what if next time they ran over a family on their way to a movie ?

I do know that all the what ifs concerning the brothers did not happen, and all the what if of the thieves will never happen. If I had the chose, the thieves lose.
The thieves didn't kill anyone. The brothers did. I'd be more worried about the kind of people who shoot into traffic from a moving vehicle. But that's just, ya know, logical.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:06 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,945,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife
Thoughts? They missed the accomplice. More practice is required.
I agree... They were defending thier property!!!

NOTHING WRONG WAS DONE!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2015, 09:55 PM

966 posts, read 1,356,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Crime has been on the decline for 20 years. The hell are you talking about?

Maybe if we shoot enough prostitutes word will get out that selling sex can get you killed?

Maybe next time these two vigilantes will shoot through your windshield and kill you?

The thieves didn't kill anyone. The brothers did. I'd be more worried about the kind of people who shoot into traffic from a moving vehicle. But that's just, ya know, logical.

They were thieves, the risk of being killed in their chosen profession is there, they gambled, they lost. I am not going to lose a second of sleep over a thieve getting killed for stealing someones truck.
I am more worried about the poor worms, I hope they don't get sick feeding on the truck thieving scums body.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:24 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,424,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He didn't start shooting at them. He displayed his gun to scare them off. They started shooting.
Although not as much, that's still a threat. The brothers weren't going to stop chasing them till they got their truck back, and rightfully so.

Again, if they're telling the truth, then they did the right thing by following them and calling 911 to confirm location (until one of the thieves pulled out a weapon).

Old 02-10-2015, 11:42 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,198,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Although not as much, that's still a threat. The brothers weren't going to stop chasing them till they got their truck back, and rightfully so.

Again, if they're telling the truth, then they did the right thing by following them and calling 911 to confirm location (until one of the thieves pulled out a weapon).
They shot and killed the thief who didn't have a gun or threaten them. How is that doing the right thing? If they were worried for their lives they would have shot the one who pointed the gun at them. They never did that.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:02 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,399,031 times
the Simpsons Chief of Police:
"you can't charge a baby with murder!!!"

"Well, maybe in Texas".

Old 02-11-2015, 06:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,640,804 times
Lightbulb Two Brothers Shoot and Kills Thief Stealing their Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What are your thoughts?
Thought #1: There's one less scumbag on the streets of Houston.

Thought #2: It's a darn shame the other guy got away.

Thought #3: Grand theft auto is a risky business. Gunshot wounds are an occupational hazard.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,108,474 times
I would submit that (in general) people are tired of being victims from cyber crime to simple burglary, people are tired of thug bullies getting away with plying their trade.

In many cities cops don't even come out to take a report or look for evidence anymore. You are given a number to call where the specifics of said crime are taken down and you're given a case number then your case is delivered to the circular file.

Any "honest" cop will tell you the odds of getting your stuff is little to none unless the crooks happen to do something stupid and get caught doing something else.
In border states like TX,CA,AZ more likely than not your car has disappeared across the border only to be rebadged as a Mexican car/taxi/police car/cartel transport never to be seen again.
Even if it's seen in Mexico the only way you get it back is if you steal it back and somehow make it back over the border.

The upside is you get to pay higher insurance rates, you get to pay the difference between what you lost and it's replacement AND you get to feel like you've be violated.

As I've said, people are getting tired of this...

Old 02-11-2015, 08:07 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,197,214 times
The inability of people to separate the idea of a civilian being able to defend oneself with a gun and to defend oneself with a gun in a public space where they could be endangering innocent bystanders is pretty disturbing.

No one isn't saying you don't have a right to protect your property, but have some freakin' discretion before you start firing off rounds in retail and residential areas.

It's really that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events