Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 05:57 PM

894 posts, read 1,051,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Not saying the employee should have done it, but he was probably treated like crap and finally lost it.
That's what I'm thinking too. He works for crap wages, has to deal with a**hole customers all day and then he gets screwed over on his paycheck. Hopefully this motivates him to become better educated or learn a skill so he doesn't have to spend his life stuck in dead end jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 06:23 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,968,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I couldn't see the video for some reason,

but based on what I have read, I can't believe these low class fast food workers expect to get paid for working such a crappy job. Low wage workers are today's slaves. Shut yer yap and work. If you get a couple hundred bucks a week, thank your God because its more than you deserve.
Really? Are you in high school or something? Because what you typed above sounds like the equivalent of some high school jock thinking he has the god given right to bully all the nerds at school.

Jobs that require highly specialized skills, higher levels of intelligence, danger, higher pay etc. should bring an individual more prestige. However, every single human being deserves to be treated with common courtesy, respect and fairness regardless of their wage level. And yes this includes those people in higher prestige jobs giving those below an equal amount of respect. Apparently, this simple lesson in human morality has escaped you.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:39 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,148,390 times
So many things to say, but I rather not.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:25 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,285,265 times
I worked for 2 day, 6 hours total at McDonald's back in the day then quit and they never paid me. I think they use it as a "cost saving" measure thinking that folks like me will shrug it off. And they're right, we mostly do.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:31 AM

3,739 posts, read 2,569,665 times
They should've called Officer Big Mac and his boys, to come snatch this little fool up..

And for posters defending the kid's tantrum.. think about the clean-up job he created for all his co-workers, who had nothing to do with his pay dispute.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:41 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,570,050 times
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”—Malcolm S. Forbes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events