Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:10 PM

893 posts, read 885,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
You did not hear about it because Demetrius is still alive to give his version of the event.
Nice try. Anyone that actually paid attention to the trial and the FACTS knows what little innocent trayvon did.

GZ's broken nose and cuts on the back of his head were not self inflicted. Next your going to tell me Michael Brown was a sweet and innocent child. *rolling my eyes so hard they fell out on the floor*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 12:18 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
.....If I saw some dude quickly walking right towards me from down the block, phone in hand clearly in a position of recording, I'm going to have a hand on a nearby weapon as well as a precaution. Normal people don't go waltzing down the street recording things for heck of it, and I'm going to be a little concerned about what might be about to happen....
Yes, because Heaven Forbid, he may RECORD YOU TO DEATH with his smartphone.

WTF is wrong with some of you people that you view every action (no matter how innocent) as a justification and provocation to respond with physical and possibly deadly force?

Contrary to what the ignorant and paranoid racists on Fox News would have you believe, every black person is not a criminal or a *****, every Muslim is not a terrorist, and every foreigner is not an illegal alien spreading diseases and living off the taxpayers.

Leave your comfort zone and get to know people that don't look like you or share your experiences, you'll be surprised by how much it expands your mind and makes you a more well-rounded person.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
WTF is wrong with some of you people that you view every action (no matter how innocent) ....
This actions of Demetrius are not "innocent". The reasons have been given several times. He was looking to provoke a racial incident and the fact that he posted a Youtube video where the party's race is prominent in the title is proof enough of that. Nobody, except those wearing the "I'm Black" glasses are buying the nonsense.

The only thing wrong here is the racial lens here that is preventing you from seeing what happened.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:54 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Anyone that actually paid attention to the trial and the FACTS
There was no fact during the trial showing that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. It was only established that a fight had occured, not who started it. Maybe if you were not blinded by hate you would have realized it ?

Back to the OP, Demetrius was sitting in his car when a suspicious looking man started taking pictures of him. He then got out of his car and videotaped then man and confronted him, causing the man to back up and retreat to his yard while pulling his gun and racking the slide.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post

Back to the OP, Demetrius was sitting in his car when a suspicious looking man started taking pictures of him. He then got out of his car and videotaped then man and confronted him, causing the man to back up and retreat to his yard while pulling his gun and racking the slide.
If some parks in front of my house that I didn't know I would be inclined to take their picture too no matter what race they might be. It's called watching out for yourself and your neighbors.

It's Demetrius, who doesn't live there, who decided to make this a racial issue. Period.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:08 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If some parks in front of my house that I didn't know I would be inclined to take their picture too no matter what race they might be.

It's Demetrius, who didn't live there, who decided to make this a racial issue. Period.
Taking the pictures is OK. But what about chambering and toting your gun, while commenting about the men and suspecting them to be drug dealers ? Would you do that as well ?

Old 02-13-2015, 01:10 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This actions of Demetrius are not "innocent". The reasons have been given several times. He was looking to provoke a racial incident and the fact that he posted a Youtube video where the party's race is prominent in the title is proof enough of that.....
Whether or not, he posted this video for "racist" reasons is neither a fact nor proven.

You offer nothing more than conjecture and opinion as to why he took the video and posted it.

I think most people who view the video fairmindedly are more likely to believe Demetrius's version of events than the other man.

However, it seems more than obvious that you may have a bias against certain people whom you perceive as being a "bad-ass", criminal, suspicious, or whatever other buzzword that you care to use, which is troubling by itself.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:14 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
I'm still confused as to how the guy with the camera phone is the "bad guy" and the guy with the loaded gun is the "victim".

Basically what I'm reading is:

It's okay for the guy to be suspicious of strange people sitting in a car in his neighborhood but...

...it's not okay for the guy sitting in his car to be suspicious/upset as to why some strange man is taking pictures of him...

...with a loaded gun on him.

Got it.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Whether or not, he posted this video for "racist" reasons is neither a fact nor proven.

You offer nothing more than conjecture and opinion as to why he took the video and posted it.

I think most people who view the video fairmindedly are more likely to believe Demetrius's version of events than the other man.

However, it seems more than obvious that you may have a bias against certain people whom you perceive as being a "bad-ass", criminal, suspicious, or whatever other buzzword that you care to use, which is troubling by itself.
That much is obvious by him.

Did you see his post about Demetrius' name? What does his name have to do with the circumstances of the story?

The guy who basically executed three innocent people the other day - wasn't his name Craig?

Old 02-13-2015, 01:21 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Guaranteed, this person thinks about nothing other than the 2nd Amendment. A fairly typical member of a embarrassingly large subset of the Current Events forum.

Here we go again. The usual suspects showing just how ticked off they are that thereis a second amendment--and that it's right up there behind the first.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events