Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:20 PM

17,745 posts, read 15,522,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
I would also like to add one more thing......going by what the cop said that he picked his gun back up and went berserk......I kind of find that hard to believe. Do we know for sure he pointed the gun at the cop? No we don't. We only have the rookie cop's story and I think he screwed up and lied to cover up his tracks with the help from his partner. Another reason body cameras should be used and homeowners should have cameras on their property as well. It's sad what the world has come to but this is the world we live in now.
"We're the police, trust us"

"We're from the government, we're here to help"

Those words might sometimes be true.. But anyone who buys them without question is an idiot. BUT.. Anyone who points a gun at someone they should believe is a cop.. Is probably a bigger idiot.

Do we have any reason currently to not believe the cops' story? No.. However, even his story brings up a whole lot of questions. Some of which might be answered by seeing the crime scene.. But.. Someone did bring up a good point.. Why no blue lights?

And.. He's the only one that can tell the story. So, he's got noone to contradict him.. Other than the evidence.. Which we have to assume backs up his version of events. Outside of what the homeowner said, of course.

This gets too close to the cops who execute a no-knock warrant on the wrong address and kill someone. It's not at that level, but it's close..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 03:24 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,318,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
"We're the police, trust us"

"We're from the government, we're here to help"

Those words might sometimes be true.. But anyone who buys them without question is an idiot. BUT.. Anyone who points a gun at someone they should believe is a cop.. Is probably a bigger idiot.

Do we have any reason currently to not believe the cops' story? No.. However, even his story brings up a whole lot of questions. Some of which might be answered by seeing the crime scene.. But.. Someone did bring up a good point.. Why no blue lights?

And.. He's the only one that can tell the story. So, he's got noone to contradict him.. Other than the evidence.. Which we have to assume backs up his version of events. Outside of what the homeowner said, of course.

This gets too close to the cops who execute a no-knock warrant on the wrong address and kill someone. It's not at that level, but it's close..
I was one of the people who brought that up. Another question I have was the victims garage door open or closed? Did he open the garage door gun in hand and the cops were in the drive way? Did he leave it open and go to bed? I feel like there are more questions than answers.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:50 PM

17,745 posts, read 15,522,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
I was one of the people who brought that up. Another question I have was the victims garage door open or closed? Did he open the garage door gun in hand and the cops were in the drive way? Did he leave it open and go to bed? I feel like there are more questions than answers.
Well, that's one part that.. Isn't clear.. But my reading of everything is that he was in his OWN garage.. Not the neighbors' garage.

From the Dallas CBS station report on it..

Quote:
But the report also states that, according to Officer R.A. Hoeppner, Waller exited his residence and entered the garage with a handgun showing.
That's.. Ambiguous.. But, I take it to mean his own garage. The NBC affiliate story has this..

Quote:
Armed with a .38-caliber pistol, Waller was apparently shot several times in his rear-facing garage after some sort of miscommunication with police officers.
So, that seems to say that it was his garage. And also explains at least a little bit as to why he was outside.. I would think it was a detached garage, with a drive that 'loops' around.. So he had to go outside to get to it.

The family statement seems to back this up..

Quote:
The immediate family of Jerry Wayne Waller of Fort Worth is shocked and deeply saddened by his untimely death in the privacy of his own home.
If he went to a neighbors garage.. I'd have far less objection to this. But he never left his property. Barely even left the inside of his house.

Oh.. You used victim's garage.. I swear I read that as "neighbors garage".. Nevermind..

Old 02-19-2015, 05:17 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,161,013 times
"The report admits that the police did not activate their vehicle emergency lights, nor did they use their sirens. They also did not activate their lapel microphones. Why?"

If the statement is true, those are very good questions as well.

I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of the information I quoted above, as I am not an expert judge of valid news sources. You can use your own judgement or research further. Its from the PolicestateUSA site. Im not saying PolicestateUSA is invalid journalism either, but the very name of it suggests at least a minimal amount of bias for the types of stories they report. *shrugs*

I can say that I dont believe Officer Hoeppner was looking to murder an old man that night when setting out to answer the call. I would not have a tough time believing his sincereity if a statement was published that he wished he had called in sick or something that night instead. Reading his words as printed, it sounds like he is really upset over it, as he should be. At least to me, he does come across as remorseful, even though he is being portrayed as justified in his actions.

The sad thing is you dont need to have a burglary in progress at all to set off an alarm system. The wind does this all the time. So do cats, squirrels and mice. I guess the possibilities could be endless.

I hope the family is successful in changing something about the way this was handled. I guess the Grand Jury is a start, but I would prefer to see something said about sensitivity training for officers in the future. Elderly people do not see great, do not hear great, are easier to confuse than their younger counterparts, and do not react with the speed a younger person normally would, and are afraid. They know their age makes them a target for a lot of criminals.

As the Babyboomers continue to age, Police will naturally find themselves faced with dealing more and more with them. Texas is known for its historic Rangers, and that is truely a high bar to try to live up to as a Police Officer, however, as can be seen here, there is nothing to be proud of in shooting an elderly man 7 times in his own garage.

Its a terrible tragedy for everyone envolved.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:40 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,231,382 times
For those that can't do their own research, PoliceStateUSA was only one of MANY that reported on this story. But the mental midgets will dismiss the entire case simply because they reported. Makes sense to me.

The layout of the house was such that Mr. Waller could simply open his kitchen door and be in the garage. He was executed just a few feet from his kitchen door!

Indiscriminate and completely OPTIONAL executions of innocent Americans by police, will continue until self-restraint becomes mandated by the application of severe criminal penalties. Furthermore, without such prosecutions attached as a guaranteed consequence for such lethal and irrational acts, psychotic police officers will continue to indulge themselves, while enjoying freedom from prosecution, and months of paid administrative leave, at growing taxpayer expen$e.

I can only think of four types of people who would publicly profess to hold the position that intentional lethal negligence on the part of police officers should be considered acceptable behavior:

1) a person paid to protect negligent officers from prosecution.

2) an officer who regularly exercises negligence and/or brutality.

3) a friend or family member of a negligent and/or brutal officer.

4) a sadist who enjoys promoting violence against the innocent.

The members of this occupying force which claim to be fighting a war against violence, have now become perpetrators of excessive brutality through lethal negligence.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:49 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,680,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Grand jury not good enough for you..hunh?
Actually, no, it's not, because grand juries almost never indict cops, no matter how heinous the crime they committed.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:30 PM
eok

6,683 posts, read 4,280,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
However, the part that gives me any pause on this is that the police shot a man on his own property, quite possibly, inside his own home.
The castle doctrine is trumped by the fascist doctrine.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:56 PM
eok

6,683 posts, read 4,280,016 times
What if it were illegal for a cop to fire his gun unless the perp fired first? That would solve the problem of fake guns held by 12-year-olds, and other such problems. And all cop guns should have automatic cameras as part of the gun, which can be done if the cameras are small enough. Whenever the cop touches the gun with his hand, the camera should start recording.

People would object because a cop could die when a perp shoots. But cops should be trained for that. They should be expert at evading gunfire. The important thing is that no shootouts should ever be started by trigger happy cops. A law that the perp has to shoot first could solve that problem.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:15 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,958,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn
Officer cleared after going to wrong address, shooting innocent grandpa in his garage - Police State USA

This article and event makes me want to puke! More murderers set free to prey on innocent Americans. The comments are hopeful though. People are getting sick and tired of these cowardly bully gangsters.
Yup ... COPS ARE SO OUTTA CONTROL ITS SCARY!!!!!!!

Poor guy

Old 02-20-2015, 05:11 AM

37,809 posts, read 46,342,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
What if it were illegal for a cop to fire his gun unless the perp fired first? That would solve the problem of fake guns held by 12-year-olds, and other such problems. And all cop guns should have automatic cameras as part of the gun, which can be done if the cameras are small enough. Whenever the cop touches the gun with his hand, the camera should start recording.

People would object because a cop could die when a perp shoots. But cops should be trained for that. They should be expert at evading gunfire. The important thing is that no shootouts should ever be started by trigger happy cops. A law that the perp has to shoot first could solve that problem.
You have to got be kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events