Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:06 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,230,091 times

Advertisements

Officer cleared after going to wrong address, shooting innocent grandpa in his garage - Police State USA

This article and event makes me want to puke! More murderers set free to prey on innocent Americans. The comments are hopeful though. People are getting sick and tired of these cowardly bully gangsters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 08:27 PM

240 posts, read 253,401 times
That report is extremely biased. I have no doubt there's more facts that haven't been presented due to the bias of the writer. I would have to read more reports - reports that give me only the facts - before I'd believe what that report has caused others to believe.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:32 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
What doesn't seem to be misreported is that the police made a mistake and shot a man in his own garage. Unacceptable no matter what.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:38 PM

240 posts, read 253,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What doesn't seem to be misreported is that the police made a mistake and shot a man in his own garage. Unacceptable no matter what.
True, but if that's all that happened, the facts would stand by themselves. Facts don't need fluff and exaggerations such as referring to the police officers as "intruders carrying guns and flashlights". Did you catch the website address -- "policestateusa.com"? Agenda! I don't trust anyone with an agenda. But that's just me.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:46 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,101,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Officer cleared after going to wrong address, shooting innocent grandpa in his garage - Police State USA

This article and event makes me want to puke! More murderers set free to prey on innocent Americans. The comments are hopeful though. People are getting sick and tired of these cowardly bully gangsters.
As we get tired of police haters who post up biased articles....

Grand jury not good enough for you..hunh?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:10 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,230,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
As we get tired of police haters who post up biased articles....

Grand jury not good enough for you..hunh?
Considering that Prosecutors manipulate Grand Jury's to do whatever they want, no, the Grand Jury isn't good enough.

Yeah, one has to be a "cop hater" to despise cops murdering innocent Americans. If you're a cop, kill a citizen & get a free vacation. A murderer with a badge is still a murderer!

Old 02-18-2015, 01:17 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,632,260 times
Angry Isn't literacy a requirement for police work?

From the OP's link:

Quote:
FORT WORTH, TX — An elderly man was slain in his own garage because police “inadvertently began searching” the wrong address while investigating a burglary call. Spotting a man who appeared “standoffish” in his own garage, police opened fire, killing a 72-year-old grandfather.
We had a very similar incident here about 15 years ago. SWAT team goes to the wrong address, even though the correct address was on the no-knock warrant. They roughed up a young couple and their two small children for hours, while the criminals at the stash house the next street over packed up all their drugs and got away free.

I just don't understand what's so hard about getting the address right. Especially now with GPS equipment in the cruisers.

How can something so obvious and basic be screwed up so horribly?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 PM

37,772 posts, read 46,260,918 times
Why on earth ANYONE would point a gun at a policeman, and expect to live, is beyond me.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:22 PM

17,712 posts, read 15,457,909 times
The rest of the story..

New Details Emerge In Jerry Waller Shooting « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

There still should have been some form of charges filed here.. My opinion.. Because at the end of the day, the police had no right to be where they were. While we can say that the police have broad immunity in guarding the public safety.. A homeowner in his own home trumps that in most every case.

Obviously, the homeowner isn't without fault in the incident. But neither are the police.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:26 PM

37,772 posts, read 46,260,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The rest of the story..

New Details Emerge In Jerry Waller Shooting « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

There still should have been some form of charges filed here.. My opinion.. Because at the end of the day, the police had no right to be where they were. While we can say that the police have broad immunity in guarding the public safety.. A homeowner in his own home trumps that in most every case.

Obviously, the homeowner isn't without fault in the incident. But neither are the police.
I don't know. They were not give an exact address, just a street where the burglar alarm had gone off. So if they are standing there looking around, and a guy across the street is walking across the yard, with a handgun out, I guess I would sort of expect a cop to go check that out. That seems quite reasonable in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events