Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,495,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Wow...
Come on down... expert
Become a reserve... volunteer. ...

Any opinion in the incident is mere speculation ...get the grand jury transcript

Your opinion on how officers respond and what is in my mind and how I can get someone to act... and how I should react according to you is ignorant of facts... policies.. procedures... and common sense...

But.. thank you for your expertise
I don't claim to be an expert. I do however have some education, life experience, 2 officers in my immediate family, and have spent a lot of time around LE, even though I'm just a mere "citizen"...
Nor have I claimed that you can control how people act. But if you think the way you approach people has no impact on how they respond to you, it is you who lacks common sense.
Sure, we can just accept what the Grand Jury finds, where only the cops got to tell their side of it. The only witness from the other side was dead. And despite the officer being no-billed, Chief Halstead continues to misrepresent facts. The autopsy did not conclude that Mr. Waller had his arm raised when shot, but that hasn't stopped the Chief from claiming it did.
It's also worth noting that, according to the search warrant affidavit, the officers first claimed they encountered Waller at 'the corner of his house'. Honest mistake I suppose?
And we'll just ignore the fact that Hanlon was fired shortly after this incident for falsifying information in another case.
It doesn't take an expert to see that this case stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 07:58 AM

37,720 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
All those people who died because a cop thought they might be armed with a real gun -- those people aren't kidding, because dead people don't kid.
You would have a very hard time acquiring a police force if you put such a stupid law into place. Which is of course, why it IS NOT the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events