Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,816 times

Advertisements

I love how "British Chelsea hooligans" magically becomes "Whites".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 08:36 AM

29,526 posts, read 22,688,988 times
Chelsea fan suspended by employer for Paris Metro racism incident

Old 02-21-2015, 12:18 PM

214 posts, read 282,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Why would anyone, black or white, want to get on a train with a drunken mob, black or white?

If the mob was black (coming from a rap concert, let's say, rather than a soccer match) would a white guy really try to get on a train with them? Would it be news if they wouldn't let him on the train?

Turns out the black guy is French and didn't understand everything they were saying. That's why he probably brushed it off at first and kept trying to get past. But then it says he realized it had something to do with his skin color. Later on.. I guess... when he probably turned around and finally quit trying

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paris-r...9839--sow.html

Quote:
The man recounted: "I wanted to get into the carriage but a group of English fans were blocking me and pushing me off.

They were saying to me things in English but I didn't really understand the meaning of their words.

"I realised they were targeting me because of the colour of my skin. You know I live with racism, I wasn't totally surprised at what happened even if this was the first time it'd happened in the metro.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:21 PM

Like I said... no big deal... a handful of 20 something year old racist millennial guys with no girlfriends and small penises (probably hanging together) having a temper tantrum over it and taking it out on the black guy... thats not breaking world news. Nothing to see here...

Quote:
On Thursday, the Premier League club announced that it had identified three of the fans who were involved and suspended them from Stamford Bridge while it continues its ongoing investigation. The three unnamed supporters could be banned for life if Chelsea finds enough evidence.

Chelsea fans' racism: French police identify seven suspects - Telegraph

Quote:
Chelsea fans' racism: French police identify seven suspects

Chelsea must confront those racists staining clubs name - Telegraph

Quote:
What happened on Tuesday was not some state-sponsored denial of basic human rights as blighted long periods of the 20th century in certain countries. This was personal, this was a handful of Chelsea fans, laughing bigots, preventing a black man from boarding the Métro.

Next....

*Can clearly see in the video only 3 guy's mouths singing the chant on the train who are all standing together. And just 1 guy doing the pushing. Figured at the most under just 10 (4 or 5), if you count a couple who might have been standing behind them off camera. Didn't sound like a HUGE crowd singing . Just 5 or 7 people at the most maybe 10. And no one on the platform singing. They're going after them now after charges were pressed because the amount is such a small group that they can. Doubt when this boring story is over you'll end up finding out it was more people than that. 5 or 10 racist guys, hanging together, PMSing over some guy they don't know because his skin looks different than theirs is not breaking news.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:25 PM

Now that they're getting in huge trouble for it, after being caught on tape, losing their jobs, getting outcasted by the media and being threatened with jail time the song is not at the TOP 20 hits anymore. They're completely denying all of it and are trying to change the lyrics to the song to try and save their a55. So that'll bring the head count down even more by the end of it. (shrug) Just another cheesey clip that'll be added later on to one of You Tube world's dumbest criminals

Old 02-21-2015, 01:00 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,980 times
Its not the fans, its the game itself...Where in the world you puck around meaningless for 90 mins and still get a point...

Old 02-21-2015, 01:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
Like I said... no big deal.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
Now that they're getting in huge trouble for it,...
You can't have both at the same time.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Its not the fans, its the game itself...Where in the world you puck around meaningless for 90 mins and still get a point...
I've always felt that the frustration factor is what makes soccer fans so violent. You almost never hear of violence among North American football or ice hockey fans, and those sports feature much more sanctioned brutality than soccer does.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:01 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I've always felt that the frustration factor is what makes soccer fans so violent. You almost never hear of violence among North American football.....
LOL. Not so fast..... For example Oakland.

RAIDER RAGE / Oakland police no match for street mayhem - SFGate

Old 02-21-2015, 02:55 PM

421 posts, read 411,498 times
I'm glad those bullies are going to face the consequences of their hatred. Any situation such as this one has the potential to climax into injury of death and should be treated more seriously when it comes to for sentencing. If this was treated like a serious crime
maybe perps would use a little more of their brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events