Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 02:34 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A mother had an encounter with another driver who had earlier stopped his car in front of hers, got out and approached her with angry words. After this encounter, 44-year-old Tammy Meyers drove home, had her teenage daughter run in the house to fetch her armed son, who then went with her as she drove to find the driver. They apparently found him and the mother was fatally shot.

Tammy Meyers' family insist they were RIGHT to go hunting for road rage shooting suspect | Daily Mail Online
Amazing how many blondes, bleached or otherwise, believe they have additional rights. Talk about stupid. Sure, I can see why she was p'off but, how's it working for you now? If anything she would have been well advised to simply follow from a safe distance and call the police or, better yet, save the gas and call the police? No matter how much indignation one suffers, one might do well by remembering it only takes a small man to pull a big trigger.

Or perhaps, as Mark Twain might say:

"Never argue with idiots they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Oh, so true....so true.....

Old 02-18-2015, 02:38 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
In road rage incidents, it's better to be apologetic, even over apologetic to avoid it escalating. (someone has to) This is something I have to practice as it doesn't come naturally at all.
It is one to yell and curse at another driver, especially when the other driver starts it. I'm sure its something that many of us have been guilty of at one time or another.

Grabbing a gun and going searching for the person, not so much....

Old 02-18-2015, 02:43 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
First of all, that area of Alta and Buffalo has some sketchy areas. Not as bad as some other parts of Las Vegas but that area has had crime increases. When I used to live there, I had to drive a lot and was quite surprised by how down and out some of the neighborhoods had become.

Second of all, I got to watch the news and the family themselves seemed like a cross between Honey Boo-Boo and Vigilante 101.

The fact that the son and the mom ran out to chase the guy and mom ends up dead, is no surprise to me.

Take a good look at the family. They would have this no other way. Now they will have candlelight vigils for their deceased mom. No one deserves to die. Until the true facts are all out, I will just tell you that if this did happen the way they are saying, the mom chasing the bad guy, is why she is dead. She should have let the police handle it..

But mom and son should not have ran out the front door with a loaded gun. Protecting yourself with your firearm is fine but this was pure stupidity to go "looking for the bad guy."

If mom and son were quietly enjoying dinner on their lawn, and some random guy started shooting at them for "supposedly no reason" then mom and son have a right to protect themselves..

Old 02-18-2015, 02:45 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
First of all, that area of Alta and Buffalo has some sketchy areas. Not as bad as some other parts of Las Vegas but that area has had crime increases. When I used to live there, I had to drive a lot and was quite surprised by how down and out some of the neighborhoods had become.

Second of all, I got to watch the news and the family themselves seemed like a cross between Honey Boo-Boo and Vigilante 101.

The fact that the son and the mom ran out to chase the guy and mom ends up dead, is no surprise to me.

Take a good look at the family. They would have this no other way. Now they will have candlelight vigils for their deceased mom. No one deserves to die. Until the true facts are all out, I will just tell you that if this did happen the way they are saying, the mom chasing the bad guy, is why she is dead. She should have let the police handle it..

But mom and son should not have ran out the front door with a loaded gun. Protecting yourself with your firearm is fine but this was pure stupidity to go "looking for the bad guy."

If mom and son were quietly enjoying dinner on their lawn, and some random guy started shooting at them for "supposedly no reason" then mom and son have a right to protect themselves..
You have confirmed my suspicions.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:48 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You have confirmed my suspicions.
Thank you. It only took about 2 seconds to say "What the Hell!"....

Old 02-18-2015, 02:59 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Is there an original thread on this particular case? I'd like to compare responses....

Old 02-18-2015, 03:00 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hot-heads should avoid owning guns.
Have you ever been mad?

Old 02-18-2015, 03:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
She should have let the police handle it..
Once hot-head driver 1 returned to his car and drove off, there was nothing to handle.

I'm sure I would have been pissed as well, but I'd hope I wouldn't go looking to keep the confrontation going.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:05 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Have you ever been mad?
Absolutely. Who hasn't?

I call someone who does something completely unreasonable in the heat of the moment a hot-head.

Your definition might be different than mine.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Default Was mom, who was shot dead in road rage attack, and her son right to go hunting for suspect who ended up killing her?

No

Escalating a road rage incident always ends badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events