Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 04:52 AM

66 posts, read 73,291 times

Advertisements

Well, it's time to understand that cops who were guilty - will not be found guilty by government!
They have much more rights than average citizens and on the one hand - it's very good, because their work is very hard and dangerous! But on the other hand... More rights - more responsibility!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 10:38 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,927,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I started off by indicating that, no, I'm not white. And despite being black, I am not living in fear of police brutality and S.W.A.T. raids, because I've made the choice to live an honest life free from crime.
I also live an honest life free from crime, but it has not meant that I have never been roughed up by overzealous law enforcement looking for a different black man. You are undoubtedly female, and I can never understand why black women have so little comprehension of realities of life for their black men. I had to break up with a dear sister because she was totally unable to adjust to the differences of our life situations. At her job she got promotions and is on to six figures these days. I was making a third of that and glad to get it and busting my hump just to get that. I made less money than the people I supervised and I wasn't supposed to know because everyone was under strict orders not to talk about their salaries with me. When we went out driving and I was the one driving, cops would get on our tail and follow us for miles. Just because they could.

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions (or thoughts) over and over while expecting a different result. By that definition you and the other LEO sympathizers in this thread are all insane, because ... expecting black men to pull up their pants, marry their baby momma's and start acting like responsible citizens of the U.S. is not going to happen! I won't get into the reasons why not. That's another thread(s). Suffice it to say that it didn't happen in the present tragedy and it will not happen in yours or my lifetime that all black men will, in a stroke, turn into honest, upstanding, model citizens. Let's get real.

I might as well observe, now that I have your attention, that the white race that you hold as models of acceptable behavior have their own hoodlum sub-population. In every category of crime that you can imagine, there are white men (and women) participating. You are asking black men (and women) to deny their essential humanity and become something out of this world to satisfy your narrow view of acceptability. It is the skewed accountability that is the problem. That is the end that needs to be fixed. Unless someone knows a way of rewriting human DNA so that no human... of any race... is capable of criminal action or intent then we will always have thug black men committing gun, drug and other crimes... and white men, asian men, hispanic men, etc. etc.

Meth is a huge problem in my state and city. Blacks are not hugely involved in meth manufacture, sale or consumption. Meth gangs are raided, meth labs are busted, other kinds of criminal enterprises are taken down every week in my area which has a negligible black population. In the entire history of police activity in my city there has never been a mistaken identity that resulted in a white persons death. For a city with a negligible black population there have been dozens of black deaths at the hands of white LEO in some very questionable scenarios. Several of these black individuals were ordinary law abiding individuals who just happened to be black.

If a black officer had fired a bullet that killed a white child during a police raid he'd be so finished. His entire family would have to relocate for their safety. That kind of inequality should make you mad. You cannot behave your way out of institutional racism. It just seems like you can. Behave, keep your head down, they won't hurt you if you're one of the good ones. Very wrong. I hope you never have to find out just how wrong you are.

H

Old 02-25-2015, 11:17 AM

174 posts, read 125,363 times
It is good they got the kid who murdered another kid. It is bad the cop who murdered this child is still walking upright. If you enter a home with a loaded gun and it discharges, even by accident you had intent. This is why vigilante groups need to come and take care of this for justice sake. This is the very reason our founding fathers wanted to make sure we could keep weapons to take on the government if needed.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:42 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LE is part of the judiciary branch
No, it is part of the executive branch.

ok, kids, let's go back to high school civics.

You have the executive branch, responsible for public safety. It has someone who gives orders as the Commander in Chief. In the federal government, this is the President. In a city, it is either the mayor or the city manager (in New York it is the mayor; in San Jose and Las Vegas it is the city manager). The police report to the city manager and/or mayor as applicable. They are part of the executive branch.

You have the legislative branch, which makes laws. In a city this would be the city council. In the federal government it is Congress.

Then you have the judiciary branch. They determine what is legal and adjudicate disputes. In the federal government, this is the Supreme Court. At the city level, they usually don't have their own court unless it is both a city and a county. The court is normally at the county level.

In most counties in the USA, the sheriff is elected and the judges are elected separately. They are not the same branch of government.

Quote:
Its all the same branch,
Nope.

Quote:
and this is a local judiciary. Not Federal. They have a state Constitution and city charter to abide by as well.
And in all likelihood, said documents also define different branches of government.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
If you enter a home with a loaded gun and it discharges, even by accident you had intent.
Yes but this is a police officer. Yes he intended to bring a loaded gun into the house because he might have to kill a bad guy. No he did not intend to kill the little girl. Hence, no murder.

Quote:
This is why vigilante groups need to come and take care of this for justice sake.
Nope. Justice was served. The guy got his day in court and is not guilty. You have to accept it. Sometimes life isn't fair.

Quote:
This is the very reason our founding fathers wanted to make sure we could keep weapons to take on the government if needed.
No dude, this has nothing to do with that. This was a police officer who accidentally shot someone. No tyranny involved.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:08 PM

174 posts, read 125,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Yes but this is a police officer. Yes he intended to bring a loaded gun into the house because he might have to kill a bad guy. No he did not intend to kill the little girl. Hence, no murder.

Nope. Justice was served. The guy got his day in court and is not guilty. You have to accept it. Sometimes life isn't fair.

No dude, this has nothing to do with that. This was a police officer who accidentally shot someone. No tyranny involved.
I say we should form up and go lynch this criminal and obtain justice and make things fair.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:19 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Truly sickening what these murdering terrorist, thug, goon cops get away with.

Cop Who Shot and Killed Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl No Longer Facing Any Charges « ALTERNATIVE MEDIA SYNDICATE
This is disgusting!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:50 PM

17,150 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I also live an honest life free from crime, but it has not meant that I have never been roughed up by overzealous law enforcement looking for a different black man. You are undoubtedly female, and I can never understand why black women have so little comprehension of realities of life for their black men. I had to break up with a dear sister because she was totally unable to adjust to the differences of our life situations. At her job she got promotions and is on to six figures these days. I was making a third of that and glad to get it and busting my hump just to get that. I made less money than the people I supervised and I wasn't supposed to know because everyone was under strict orders not to talk about their salaries with me. When we went out driving and I was the one driving, cops would get on our tail and follow us for miles. Just because they could.

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions (or thoughts) over and over while expecting a different result. By that definition you and the other LEO sympathizers in this thread are all insane, because ... expecting black men to pull up their pants, marry their baby momma's and start acting like responsible citizens of the U.S. is not going to happen! I won't get into the reasons why not. That's another thread(s). Suffice it to say that it didn't happen in the present tragedy and it will not happen in yours or my lifetime that all black men will, in a stroke, turn into honest, upstanding, model citizens. Let's get real.

I might as well observe, now that I have your attention, that the white race that you hold as models of acceptable behavior have their own hoodlum sub-population. In every category of crime that you can imagine, there are white men (and women) participating. You are asking black men (and women) to deny their essential humanity and become something out of this world to satisfy your narrow view of acceptability. It is the skewed accountability that is the problem. That is the end that needs to be fixed. Unless someone knows a way of rewriting human DNA so that no human... of any race... is capable of criminal action or intent then we will always have thug black men committing gun, drug and other crimes... and white men, asian men, hispanic men, etc. etc.

Meth is a huge problem in my state and city. Blacks are not hugely involved in meth manufacture, sale or consumption. Meth gangs are raided, meth labs are busted, other kinds of criminal enterprises are taken down every week in my area which has a negligible black population. In the entire history of police activity in my city there has never been a mistaken identity that resulted in a white persons death. For a city with a negligible black population there have been dozens of black deaths at the hands of white LEO in some very questionable scenarios. Several of these black individuals were ordinary law abiding individuals who just happened to be black.

If a black officer had fired a bullet that killed a white child during a police raid he'd be so finished. His entire family would have to relocate for their safety. That kind of inequality should make you mad. You cannot behave your way out of institutional racism. It just seems like you can. Behave, keep your head down, they won't hurt you if you're one of the good ones. Very wrong. I hope you never have to find out just how wrong you are.

H
1. I'm a rather burly 215lbs athletic black man. Not a woman. So I have experienced pretty much every aspect of "racism" there is... ON BOTH SIDES, mind you. By whites, because I'm black, and by blacks, because according to them, I sound "white" and I listen to too much "white people music. (I listen to rock and adult-contemporary more than I do rap.)
2. I don't hold them as models. I know as many "thuggish" whites and hispanics as I do blacks. My point is that, in order to get rid of this stereotype, we have to prove prejudice folk wrong by doing what's right. I recall reading of a certain doctor in the 60s who preached something similar. I believe he was black.
3. Meth is a huge problem here as well. As such, rednecks are prejudiced as well, by ALL, FYI, in that pretty much everyone and their mothers think that trailer-dwelling white folk use meth, drink cheap beer, drive loud vehicles, and don't brush their teeth.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:00 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
1. I'm a rather burly 215lbs athletic black man. Not a woman. So I have experienced pretty much every aspect of "racism" there is... ON BOTH SIDES, mind you. By whites, because I'm black, and by blacks, because according to them, I sound "white" and I listen to too much "white people music. (I listen to rock and adult-contemporary more than I do rap.)
2. I don't hold them as models. I know as many "thuggish" whites and hispanics as I do blacks. My point is that, in order to get rid of this stereotype, we have to prove prejudice folk wrong by doing what's right. I recall reading of a certain doctor in the 60s who preached something similar. I believe he was black.
3. Meth is a huge problem here as well. As such, rednecks are prejudiced as well, by ALL, FYI, in that pretty much everyone and their mothers think that trailer-dwelling white folk use meth, drink cheap beer, drive loud vehicles, and don't brush their teeth.
I'm close to the same size. Have had women cross the street to avoid me when I was getting ready to walk into my apt.

Don't want to get on other situations but have had a lot.

I agree we have to be personally responsible, but I also believe that we are going to have to do some things externally, with government help likely, to solve problems in certain communities. Both black and white. It just so happens that most of those communities are black. In many cases due to racism.

IMO its very complex.

Awareness of the issue does need to be raised.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:15 PM

29,454 posts, read 14,635,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
I say we should form up and go lynch this criminal and obtain justice and make things fair.
Yeah !!!! Thug life , that makes things all right now doesn't it.

That type of thinking is what cause this whole situation in the first place. Talk about going full circle, and hense why things just won't change in the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events