Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 07:22 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,775,499 times

Advertisements

Bibi is going to do what he thinks he has to do for the security of Israel. Whether he is actually right or wrong doesn't matter its what he believes in his mind. The problem is if he bombs Iran then it is the start of WW3. Or if the U.S. would intercept those Israeli jets and nock them out of the sky the never talked about war between the U.S. and Israel would commence. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 PM

610 posts, read 699,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Bibi is going to do what he thinks he has to do for the security of Israel. Whether he is actually right or wrong doesn't matter its what he believes in his mind. The problem is if he bombs Iran then it is the start of WW3. Or if the U.S. would intercept those Israeli jets and nock them out of the sky the never talked about war between the U.S. and Israel would commence. What do you think?
I don't think Israel would bomb Iran. Politicians are liars, they're slimy, and they're terrible, but they are, at the very least, rational actors who, if nothing else, want to hold on to their power. I don't think anybody wants the disaster of WW3 (in which hydrogen-bomb-possessing powers US and Russia would line up on opposing sides) on their historical rap-sheet.

I also hope the U.S. and Israel don't go to war, either. I think, if that happened, Israel would nuke the U.S. over it before Russia would nuke the U.S. for meddling in Ukraine. They could just claim that anyone who didn't like being nuked by Israel was "anti-semitic."

Old 03-03-2015, 09:13 PM

17,612 posts, read 15,305,962 times
Israel will do what it must.. That's.. Been demonstrated quite well in the past. And.. They have perhaps the best trained army on the planet. Plus, a population that is used to being attacked. What Israel believes it must do is prevent a country that refuses to acknowledge Israel's right to exist to have a nuclear weapon. Pretty hard to disagree with them.

The interesting thing.. I read something about this yesterday... The US's big plan is to limit Iran to 5000 centrifuges.. Which is just enough to build a nuclear bomb.. But not enough to run a nuclear power plant.

The odd reality of Iran's centrifuges: Enough for a bomb, not power | PunditFact

Israel will whip Iran in a war. Hands down. Remember.. Israel has US equipment.. Iran has alot of ancient Soviet era and Soviet built equipment.

Egypt will stay out of it.. They don't want a repeat of.. What was it? 1968?.. Saudi's will stay out of it.. Both might send out a lot of rhetoric.. But they will not be involved in a hot war. Iran will get alot of foreign fighters coming into the country.. They'll wind up with alot of dead foreign fighters in the country.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:39 PM

15,538 posts, read 10,521,878 times
"if an agreement is reached with Iran will Israel bomb Iran"

An agreement only delays Iran from getting the bomb for ten years. And, that's if they abide by the agreement during the initial ten years. They won't, they never have before. Either way, Israel is going to have to do something. If they bomb Iran, it will not start WW3 because there are other countries in the area that don't want Iran to get the bomb either. They now have fly over permission and so on. WW3 will begin when Iran gets the bomb and all their neighbors rush to get one too. Or, when they bomb one of our vessels. I doubt Obama has the guts to down a plane from Israel.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 PM

25,596 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Nick, why don't you review this article:
Covert war against Iran's nuclear scientists: a widow remembers - CSMonitor.com

I think there is already a covert war going on and I think the USA and Israel are winning it. The assassination of 5 top scientists, the Stuxnet Virus, unexplained explosions - to me it all points toward a steady successful attempt to set Iran back. I am hopeful that this war will continue.

I do think that Obama truly dislikes Netanyahu, but that's a function of Obama's ideology. Obama views the US as fundamentally unfair to its citizens and views the US as creator of the world's problems.

During his speech, Netanyahu referenced a few major episodes where Israel took action by itself and he did so with the purpose of reminding everyone that Israel is a sovereign nation who will act in its own interests. And I say, "Good for him".

If Obama had embarrassed me by giving me that expressionless dead eye stare that he gave Netanyahu, I would do what I could to embarrass Obama. So good for Netanyahu. Obama has shown himself to be a light weight in the international arena, and got himself poked in the eye for it.

Here's an article with a picture of "the stare". It is playground stuff and I am embarrassed to have a President who engages in such activities.
Report: Obama Has Cut Intelligence Cooperation with Israel | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

Old 03-04-2015, 04:53 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,151,451 times

I think you would be reading a lot into President Obama's look, or stare, as you put it. I went, I saw, and that photo looks like someone listening intently to what someone else is saying.

I would think Heads of States are discussing something serious just by looking at that photo. Nothing more and nothing less. *shrugs*.

A nuclear war could destroy the entire planet. Sad to think so very many are ready to go meet their maker over something they cant or refuse to come to a peaceful agreement about. Isreal is right there in the middle of it all. How does it plan to miss out on the aftermath of radiation and fallout?

Old 03-04-2015, 05:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,799,368 times
No. Look for more stuxnets, assassinations of Iranian scientists, sabotage of facilities, etc.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:05 AM

610 posts, read 699,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Egypt will stay out of it.. They don't want a repeat of.. What was it? 1968?.. Saudi's will stay out of it.. Both might send out a lot of rhetoric.. But they will not be involved in a hot war. Iran will get alot of foreign fighters coming into the country.. They'll wind up with alot of dead foreign fighters in the country.
Menachem Begin even said in '67 that there was no evidence Egypt actually planned to attack. The Israeli government, like the French and American governments, has long had a penchant for aggressive wars, and a great propaganda machine that can make them sounds defensive.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,037,719 times
Quote:
I think all the prime minister is looking for is confirmation the U.S. will stay out of Israel's way when it does what it has to do and the U.S. leader doesn't have the stones to do. I just wonder how the U.S. would react if they were faced with the same situation as Israel.

The U.S. will not interfere militarily in any event but "could" interfere publicly/diplomatically. It'll be interesting to see where all this leads.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:05 AM

25,596 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I think you would be reading a lot into President Obama's look, or stare, as you put it. I went, I saw, and that photo looks like someone listening intently to what someone else is saying.

I would think Heads of States are discussing something serious just by looking at that photo. Nothing more and nothing less. *shrugs*.

A nuclear war could destroy the entire planet. Sad to think so very many are ready to go meet their maker over something they cant or refuse to come to a peaceful agreement about. Isreal is right there in the middle of it all. How does it plan to miss out on the aftermath of radiation and fallout?
The photo is one thing, and the video is another. If someone looked at you the way Obama was looking at Netanyahu, you would not interpret it as "listening intently". If your sister was dating someone who looked at her that way, you would grab her by the arm and leave with her.

"How does it plan to miss out on the aftermath of radiation and fallout?"
It doesn't. That's the point. Israel is saying they will do whatever it takes to prevent nuclear war. Obama seems to be saying, "Iran won't really do that".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events