Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:03 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,245 times

Advertisements

Virginia ABC 5 o'clock news has a segment called "Wednesday's Child" in which they spotlight foster children and success stories of adoption.

Today's segment was presented as any other segment, but this was a remarkably untraditional arrangement, I observed two gay men happily married, very nice home, blushingly introduce their new 16-year-old son, much taller than them, and very attractive.

I'm fairly confident that this will be a healthy parent/child arrangement but it seems a line between selecting a child in need of a home and selecting an attractive young man was blurred a bit.

The boy was relieved and down to earth and emotionally mature as he described his feelings of finally being adopted into a stable, permanent home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 04:10 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
...So this is news why?

Old 03-04-2015, 04:14 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,128 times
Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:15 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Virginia ABC 5 o'clock news has a segment called "Wednesday's Child" in which they spotlight foster children and success stories of adoption.

Today's segment was presented as any other segment, but this was a remarkably untraditional arrangement, I observed two gay men happily married, very nice home, blushingly introduce their new 16-year-old son, much taller than them, and very attractive.

I'm fairly confident that this will be a healthy parent/child arrangement but it seems a line between selecting a child in need of a home and selecting an attractive young man was blurred a bit.

The boy was relieved and down to earth and emotionally mature as he described his feelings of finally being adopted into a stable, permanent home.

It sounds like you think people will be wondering if the gay male couple adopted a handsome teen boy because they are attracted to him instead of wanting to be fathers to him?

Old 03-04-2015, 04:24 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post

You have the same standard when a straight couple adopts an attractive child?

Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 PM

261 posts, read 512,724 times
So whats the issue ?

From the wording on this post it sounds like your under the impression that because hes good looking that's why they adopted him and now they plan on 'converting' him .

Old 03-04-2015, 05:04 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
So whats the issue ?

From the wording on this post it sounds like your under the impression that because hes good looking that's why they adopted him and now they plan on 'converting' him .
Converting? I simply said that a line seems to have been blurred between adopting a child in need and seeing an attractive young man. but again, I'm certain they will make it a healthy parent-child relationship.

and I felt like talking about it.

Last edited by Zelpha; 03-04-2015 at 05:46 PM..

Old 03-04-2015, 07:46 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You have the same standard when a straight couple adopts an attractive child?
Yeah, this is a bizarre thread to me for that exact reason. Unless I have evidence to the contrary, this is a story of a couple who wanted to give a young man a better life; and given that adoptions of older "children" aren't all that common, I applaud this couple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:54 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Lol at using attraction as a buzz word for asking "can gay people be trusted around young boys" lol, what a crock of ****.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:43 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events