Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:58 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,316,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
I dont know..as much as I'd like to think it's an altruistic act (and it may well be that) the thought of two adult men adopting a handsome, almost adult, young male is a little strange. I'm sure we're all thinking it. Gay men should stick to adopting little girls and boys under 12.
Without being too catty, I'd dispute "handsome" and gay men (and straight couples and lesbians and whatever else is out there) should adopt whom they wish and where they see the greatest need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Umm- are we going to comment on the closeted gays and lesbians who have adopted for centuries. Or on biological parents who horribly abused their kids. Or on step parents who entered marriages for access to children. Or on the 101 other horrible scenarios that are played out in relation to child custody but do not seem to have merited 21 page threads.

FWIW- I have to wonder if him being that age might have triggered something in one of the new parents in regard to being a teenager. That is basically the age they would have fully realized their own orientation & they might have felt abandoned or alone in even the most supportive of settings. So seeing someone who was completely without a family/parents/mentors/support could have played their heartstrings more than a prototypical straight couple.

And I've known a couple of people who adopted across lines of race/age/nation of origin simply because it increased their odds of being chosen or because the situation spoke to them.
I think him being pretty obviously gay and alone really tugged at their heart strings.

Last edited by Marka; 09-06-2015 at 02:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 08:50 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,308,331 times
Posting the link to the original news spot again here Video | NBC4 Washington, the forum moderator found it (see page 7 of this thread) and Tim, thanks again for finding it too. I saw the link you posted before I saw the moderator's post.

I finally watched that link today and that news clip is a lot longer and more detailed than the one that was on the live news the day I saw it. This link includes details about the boy being interested in doing women's makeup, and some other details, body language, lilting voice, etc that shows this boy is most likely an LGBTQ type as well. This does cast a clearer light on the story, now I see two gay men adopting one of their own kind and they will be the best guides for the boy. What a 180 this boy's life has taken: from being lost, alone, young, and certainly needing support love guidance not only as a foster child but as a young LGBTQ. This is a happy story. So glad we live in 2015 and not the 1950's, this boy will no longer be lost, he will have the perfect support system.

Last edited by Zelpha; 03-22-2015 at 08:59 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 08:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,593,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Posting the link to the original news spot again here Video | NBC4 Washington, the forum moderator found it (see page 7 of this thread) and Tim, thanks again for finding it too. I saw the link you posted before I saw the moderator's post.

I finally watched that link today and that news clip is a lot longer and more detailed than the one that was on the live news the day I saw it. This link includes details about the boy being interested in doing women's makeup, and some other details, body language, lilting voice, etc that shows this boy is most likely an LGBTQ type as well. This does cast a clearer light on the story, now I see two gay men adopting one of their own kind and they will be the best guides for the boy. What a 180 this boy's life has taken: from being lost, alone, young, and certainly needing support love guidance not only as a foster child but as a young LGBTQ. This is a happy story. So glad we live in 2015 and not the 1950's, this boy will no longer be lost, he will have the perfect support system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events