Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 01:29 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
The quality of the food is mostly poor, and there is a seedy feel to many of their restaurants.
The food is not good, but they've actually remodeled most of their restaurants in the past 5 years. My sister swears by them on road trips because it's the nicest place to use the bathroom and always has a changing table for her baby. Their coffee seems to have improved, too. I'm a coffee snob at home but I would say it's basically tied with Starbucks for "on the road coffee."

Old 03-12-2015, 01:33 PM

17,163 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
The food is not good, but they've actually remodeled most of their restaurants in the past 5 years. My sister swears by them on road trips because it's the nicest place to use the bathroom and always has a changing table for her baby. Their coffee seems to have improved, too. I'm a coffee snob at home but I would say it's basically tied with Starbucks for "on the road coffee."
I've always been fond of the cleanliness of their restaurants and their coffee... I like mine black and strong enough, and they seem to always nail it.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:48 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
It does indeed taste better and it's more expensive too. That's my point is that people are saying mcdonalds is unhealthy and expensive when a lot of the alternatives people turn to are just as bad if not worse for you and considerably more expensive. I just looked at my local chipotle and my meal built out is 12.55 before tax, the Big Mac meal large would run 7 to 8ish pretax let's call it 8.50 that's makes the chipotle meal nearly 50% more expensive. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's not expensive or rediculously unhealthy when compared to other fast food
Good point, at my local Chipotle that I went to last Friday for lunch my Barbacoa bowl alone was $7.95, add in a large drink and tax and I paid a total of $10.97. I can get an entire Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese meal at McDonald's complete with fries and a large drink for slightly under $8 including tax ... perhaps even less if I were to downsize the large fries to a small or medium but keep the large drink.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:28 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
It does indeed taste better and it's more expensive too. That's my point is that people are saying mcdonalds is unhealthy and expensive when a lot of the alternatives people turn to are just as bad if not worse for you and considerably more expensive. I just looked at my local chipotle and my meal built out is 12.55 before tax, the Big Mac meal large would run 7 to 8ish pretax let's call it 8.50 that's makes the chipotle meal nearly 50% more expensive. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's not expensive or rediculously unhealthy when compared to other fast food
I disagree, at Chipotle you choose how healthier you want your meal to be. It can be 700-1400 calories. The biggest difference is in the ingredients.

What exactly is McD's beef patty? Is it really 100% beef, I don't think so. It's mystery meat. While the calorie count maybe lower than some competitor's it's unsafe GMO stuff.

Wholesome foods are better, the only thing we need to do is portion control.

That barbacoa is real pieces of beef that you can taste not some spongee patty with fillers that McD serves.

It's the quality, honesty of ingredients, value, and choices that makes so many other place better than McD.

My Chipotle bowl probably is about 1000 calories but I can split the meal into 2.

I get fiber from the beans, lettuce, as well has anti-oxidants in the salsa.

Mcdonalds foods are so overly processed it lacks other nutrients than just protein and carbs.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:47 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I disagree, at Chipotle you choose how healthier you want your meal to be. It can be 700-1400 calories. The biggest difference is in the ingredients.

What exactly is McD's beef patty? Is it really 100% beef, I don't think so. It's mystery meat. While the calorie count maybe lower than some competitor's it's unsafe GMO stuff.

Wholesome foods are better, the only thing we need to do is portion control.

That barbacoa is real pieces of beef that you can taste not some spongee patty with fillers that McD serves.

It's the quality, honesty of ingredients, value, and choices that makes so many other place better than McD.

My Chipotle bowl probably is about 1000 calories but I can split the meal into 2.

I get fiber from the beans, lettuce, as well has anti-oxidants in the salsa.

Mcdonalds foods are so overly processed it lacks other nutrients than just protein and carbs.

You are making excuses or making things up entirely and at mcdonalds you too can choose your health or should I say unhealthy level. A quarter pounder with cheese, small fries and a diet coke come in at 740 cal

I can split my chipotle meal into two as well but I don't. Again if you want to pay 50% more for your aledged healthier food that's fine but overpriced and unhealth are overused slights against mcd

Old 03-12-2015, 03:52 PM

56 posts, read 98,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfuels View Post
you don't eat less calories at chipotle!!! everyone gets that! you eat food that tastes better and you can customize it!
that is the difference
To be fair, you can customize a burger at McDonald's or at any other fast food joint.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:35 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Also McD stop trying to make things healthy. We don't go to McD for healthy food, they ruined the apple pies by baking them, what next baked fries? Stop trying to reinvent yourself as a Cafe. Stop introducing new items to the menu that no one wants.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:36 PM

677 posts, read 672,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Also McD stop trying to make things healthy. We don't go to McD for healthy food, they ruined the apple pies by baking them, what next baked fries? Stop trying to reinvent yourself as a Cafe. Stop introducing new items to the menu that no one wants.
Great advice!

Old 03-12-2015, 05:11 PM

416 posts, read 560,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
News report shows very disappointing sales posted recently by Mcdonalds all over the world not just in the US. The new ceo is now taking control and maybe things will change . What do you think they are doing wrong ? What can they do better? Is Mcdonalds simply going downhll?

Peronally I am now vegetarian and into health foods and they offer nothing for me to eat but a small salad or maybe some tea. I grew up with them as a child and used to love them so they still have a place in my heart and I was wondering what others thought?

I like that they offer internet, and offering a place for parents to take the kids where they can play is a good business idea too, but I think the food is overpriced for what you get. The places open 24 hours are also a good idea for people who work odd hours.

I do not think they should try to compete with upscale fast food places like Panera Bread but they can offer some healthier options their food is unhealthy and fattening, I like their idea of hormone free chicken, but I think they should just offer more food for your money. I think they are overpriced for what you get. More dollar menu options would be nice.

Here is the link below:

McDonald
This isn't rocket science. First, more and more people know McDonald's is nothing but chemicals and preservatives mixed with meat cranked out of some unregulated Chinese factory. No one is going there for salads. They've spend decades branding themselves as burger and fries. 'Healthier fare' isn't going to fool abybody.

Second, it's become more and more popular for people to either patronize more local chains as well as making food themselves. A decade of Food channels has had a big impact on our food culture. Why go to McDonald's when I just learned to make their fries in 10 min on youtube? But this also ties into the first part - more and more people don't trust these big chains in the USA. Why buy their crap when I can control the quality at home? And don't underestimate the psychology of a dollar menu. I remember when McDonald's was EXPENSIVE. It was a BIG DEAL to go to McDonald's. Now I have a dozen options all for a dollar. So meh.

But whatever McDonald's is too big to fail and there are far far too many people willing to clog their colons for a bite of a Big Mac.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:08 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
It's simple. Nobody wants to eat unhealthy, fattening crap food for nearly the same price as a much healthier option that tastes better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I will say that millions upon millions of Americans prefer the unhealthy, fattening crap.
Of course we do. If that wasn't true, none of the fast food joints would be making money, and a lot of them still are. Besides that, Americans obviously love food that's very bad for us, and lots of it, or else we wouldn't be so fat and unhealthy ourselves. It's all about McDonald's not offering good food, and offering this mediocre food at a not very good price. Bring back the Dollar menu (the REAL Dollar menu, not that "Dollar and More" BS menu, where most items cost more than $1,) serve breakfast all day, and reduce the number of total menu options and combinations.

As an aside, I second the poster's emotion who said Panda Express is terrible. It's an overpriced Chinese buffet without the buffet How on earth does that joint stay in business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events