Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 05:38 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times

Advertisements

what is it about people bringing up how "unhealthy" mcd or other fast food is... Its fast food

is it just so impossible to pass by a mcd w/o having to stop by and order somethng

i dont order an ultimate cheeseburger, fries and bucket of soda worrying about the calories or fat content , its like somebody purchasing a hummer and then worrying about gas prices...rediculous right?

facebook? lol mcd is a worldwide company worth billions slanging greasy synthetic goodness to the masses

facebook doesnt control peoples stomach...a few teenybops or some food nazis whining about mcd isnt gonna hurt the bottom line

anytime im cruzn around town there is always a long line at mcd...and certain location the lines are so long they leak out into a lane of traffic

Old 03-16-2015, 06:36 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,912 times
The new McDonald commercial I saw on tv was actually catchy. Yea it's hard to not find a McDonald just about everywhere. The McDonald's in other countries even sell different type of foods than you would normally find in America. I drive by several McDonald's daily and it is never slow in fact at times it would be so crowded that a line of cars would be going out the parking lot especially during lunch time. I also think more people especially the younger crowd are more into the new craze of fast casual restaurants.

The Chipotle effect: Why America is obsessed with fast casual food - The Washington Post

Old 03-16-2015, 10:44 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,454,667 times
I eat at McD's about four times a month, mostly because I am in a hurry and it has a quick drive through, because here in Portland, a lot of the above mentioned places do not.

What really ticks me off:

1. At the drive through when the person asks for your order and you have to repeat it four times because you want something just a little different, like with extra mustard or onions or something.

2. Very high prices for what you get. $2.69 for a large fries or over 5 bucks for a dried out "gourmet" burger is ridiculous.

3. Speaking of fries, if they are going to charge you that much, the least they can do is fill up the fries container all the way. I hate paying for a large fries and getting a medium fries in a large container.

4. There is nothing on the menu that I consider a "value" except for the "Daily Double" cheeseburger, and that's only if you get it with extra lettuce and onions.

I only have a choice between McD's and Taco Bell where I live, and I much prefer Taco Bell for the food quality, better service, and bang for the buck.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:59 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
I eat at McD's about four times a month, mostly because I am in a hurry and it has a quick drive through, because here in Portland, a lot of the above mentioned places do not.

What really ticks me off:

1. At the drive through when the person asks for your order and you have to repeat it four times because you want something just a little different, like with extra mustard or onions or something.

2. Very high prices for what you get. $2.69 for a large fries or over 5 bucks for a dried out "gourmet" burger is ridiculous.

3. Speaking of fries, if they are going to charge you that much, the least they can do is fill up the fries container all the way. I hate paying for a large fries and getting a medium fries in a large container.

4. There is nothing on the menu that I consider a "value" except for the "Daily Double" cheeseburger, and that's only if you get it with extra lettuce and onions.

I only have a choice between McD's and Taco Bell where I live, and I much prefer Taco Bell for the food quality, better service, and bang for the buck.
Oh gosh... I just CANNOT eat that stuff

Old 03-16-2015, 12:34 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
Customers getting beaten up by other customers might have something to do with declining business.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:44 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Apparently it’s like Upton Sinclair novel The Jungle inside of McDonald’s. This stuff just makes me roll my eyes. If you have not been burned or slipped in the food service industry you never worked in the food service industry. It comes with the territory so put on your big boy pants or big girl panties.

http://www.bluemaumau.org/14389/mcdo...ons_under_osha

Old 03-16-2015, 06:27 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
As an occasional quick meal, there's nothing wrong with fast food burger joints like McDonald's. I think McDonald's reduced sales was impacted by having the calories up on the menu board. One way McDonald's can reduce the calories is to go back to the original size drink cups and fries. The small bag fries that comes with a happy meal is what was once the small fries. The small drink cup that comes with the happy meal was also the original small cup. What is now the small fries and small drink was originally the large. When my wife and I are in the mood for a quick McDonald's, we get a Happy Meal for each of us. I wonder if their burgers would taste better if they went back to their older ground beef patties instead of whatever they use today.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:10 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
I quit going there about 9 years ago. Now I go maybe once a year, if that. I don't crave their food the way I used to. It was making me fat and things work better, uh, down there, when I don't eat greasy/fattening food.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:14 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,912 times
In my opinion McDonald tried to be like other restaurants and offer way too many things. There are 15 different burgers, 7 different chicken sandwiches, 11 different wraps and then you have that McCafe. The menu is huge and you can't even order breakfast items after a certain time. They need to revamp their menu.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:29 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I quit going there about 9 years ago. Now I go maybe once a year, if that. I don't crave their food the way I used to. It was making me fat and things work better, uh, down there, when I don't eat greasy/fattening food.
How often were you eating McDonald's that it made you fat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events