Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 12:12 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
There are LOTS of social stigmas; and they're not limited to women and they vary in extremes from culture to culture. It is what it is. For instance, it's normal for Chinese children to squat and defecate wherever. Here, of course that is considered unacceptable. It's also unacceptable to show private areas in public, of both genders. The overwhelming majority consider breasts to be part of those private areas, hence the whole debate. Does our culture inappropriatlely sexualize breasts? Of course. It shouldnt, but it does. And because of that, people get uncomfortable when a stranger just whips out a boob like its nothing.
Nonsense and that is slander against an entire people. In China, it is not "normal" for children to squat and defecate wherever. Apparently you haven't spent any time there or visited only those areas comparable to what might be associated with what we'd consider backwater hillbillies in the US where sanitation is lacking. I've spent some time there and did not see anything along those lines except a dad letting his little boy pee cause he had to but that was turned away from everyone else. Have you visited any US cities like San Francisco were crapping and peeing on the streets by adults truly is a common sight, so much so that there are city workers who have the job to steam clean sidewalks on a daily basis to remove human fecal matter and urine? Please think before you decide to put out such BS and slander an entire people to make a point at the expense of others. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 12:37 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
Lol, gotta love the sexual hang up label if one is discomforted by public breastfeeding. You are precious! Recall as a young teen (my parents were very liberal when it came to nudity) a woman whipping it out and nursing an infant in front of me. This was in the 70s and I was mortified. I was a frickin teen and you know how teens can be. Some of you on this thread are basically just inconsiderate folks. Damn others feelings. I can do whatever I please! Y'all have the manners of a toddler. Is it too much to ask a nursing mom to take the minimum amount of effort to cover?

And PS, thanks for the rep comments I'm getting on this thread. I'm not the only person to feel as I do.
Unless someone is a pervert, people aren't going to think a lactating breast is sexy. While most mom's take proper care of their breasts, others don't. Without getting into details, some look like they never bathe. It may be beautiful to them, to others, not so much. Breastfeeding is healthy and normal, but I agree folks should cover it up a little. Fat chance you'll ever convince the lactation nazis of that though.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:05 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie
1. I fail to see how anyone can be upset at seeing a mother nurse her baby.
Ah people are stupid/dumbed down robots now who cant handle ANYTHING!!!!!

In the 80s and before,THIS WOULDNT BE AN ISSUE ANYWHERE!!!!!! (Before they were compromised)

Old 03-14-2015, 06:06 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
For those people who think breastfeeding is "gross", do they also feel the sight of puppies or kittens nursing is gross as well? I don't know many people who do, yet when a human mammal feeds their infant the same way, it is somehow unacceptable and "gross".

To the poster who didn't want to explain to their own child what was happening, it is a shame that they didn't take the opportunity to enlighten their child as to what breasts actually are for. Perhaps then the child will grow up with none of the hangups of the parent.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:26 AM

Perhaps the idea that breasts serve only one purpose should be explained to all the women who use them for purposes other than breast feeding. Hello? Women spend billions of dollars on clothing and other things to make sure others look at them. They spend a lot of money enhancing them to make them bigger. Just what does that have to do with breast feeding eh? Tell me that almost every woman who commented about breast feeding and about the reactions of others to it have not used their own breasts as sexual objects? Really? None of them used their breasts as enticements to get the men interested is the sex act that conceived their children or in many other situations before that? I'd say with almost no exceptions they would be lying about it.

Last edited by Year2525; 03-14-2015 at 06:47 AM..

Old 03-14-2015, 06:43 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,272,804 times
Rather have breast feeding than the cobbled entitled brats who kicked my chair for 2 hours. And when mom was FINALLY confronted by me upon landing she proved herself another useless parent responsible for the next generation of narcissists way worse than anything we've seen before.

I'm looking at you USAIR flight #1999, skinny irresponsible and entitled brunette passenger on Sunday row 15 A-C 4:10pm from North Carolina!

YOU represent everything that is wrong with our society! The disgust at your shameful behavior is still lingering nearly a week later!

Old 03-14-2015, 07:07 AM

So the choices are either breast feeding uncovered in a confined public space or some kid kicking the back of air plane seats?

Old 03-14-2015, 07:13 AM

Going back to my comment three above this one, just how many women commenting here aren't going to use their breasts for something other than breast feeding today or tomorrow or sometime very soon? Think about that the next time you show some cleavage, exactly what is that for, only fashion? Yeah right. Current breast feeders excluded of course.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:14 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Seems like people in America get their collective panties in a twist over just about EVERYTHING!

She was just feeding her kid. Most of the rest of the world does not have a problem with this.
Seriously. There obsession over sex in this country is so absurd that people here somehow consider breastfeeding too sexual to publicly display.

Babies should be allowed to be nurtured comfortably without an unwanted blanket on, at any time and any place.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:40 AM

So all those women who support entire industries in both clothing and plastic surgery should reconsider their behavior and no longer show off their breasts as sexual objects or enhance them in size so as to attract sexual desire right? I agree 100%? How about it ladies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events