Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,150 times

Advertisements

Unless a business is one that has sold stock as an IPO ( initial public offering) it is a private company, not a public one. A person has no rights as a customer until the business accepts the person as a customer. Until then, that person has no rights with that business, it is not a government entity. In that same way, a person has no right to free speech inside a privately owned business, it is not a public place.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:37 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,526 times
Have you ever been to indiana? Despite any way they want to spin it, its based on bigotry. Look at Pence's other views. There is no question about it. Its funny the party of "personal freedom" is always the one that legislates those freedoms away.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:10 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Anyone heard of segregation? No doubt those supporting refusal to gay customers would like to return to those days. What happens when a straight person is wrongly thought to be gay. Maybe we could start making gays wear something on their clothes. What do you think of a pink triangle? Any takers? And all this controversy mostly because the bigoted believe they support a religion of brotherly love and compassion. Puh-leeze. Grow up already you haters.
"Thought to be gay" doesn't apply when someone asks - or demands - that a bakery produce a cake with, for example, two groom toppers and "Adam and Steve" written in icing.

Reel yourself back in, then try posting something based on fact, not conjecture and emotion.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Oh, for God's sake. Have you even bothered to read the bill? Your paranoia is driving your opinion. This bill isn't against anybody. Get a grip on yourself.
LOL, it's not???

Are these christian-owned mom and pops demanding the right not to serve ghosts? Dinosaurs? Martians?

wow

Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Hate to break it to you, but most Americans find this law reprehensible, and not because of the left "propaganda machine." The United States is a lot more progressive than middle American conservative patriotic "real Americans" believe. And lots of us are straight, white and wealthy - not a bunch of gay, welfare mooching minorities brainwashed by Obama, which is what many of the most conservative have deluded themselves into believing.

Just like I know not all Conservatives are toothless hicks.
Let me break it to you. Most states don't have laws prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation. Indiana is among the states that don't.

All the hubbub, the companies saying they won't go to Indiana ? They apparently don't know that businesses that want to discriminate against gays can already do so.

The frenzy is plainly gay/left propaganda swallowed and promoted by a sympathetic media.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:36 AM

506 posts, read 426,192 times
Quote:
Exactly! If the baker down the street won't bake you a gay wedding cake, come to my bakery. I'll bake two gay wedding cakes if you want them. I'd rather it be that way than to force the baker down the street to do what he doesn't want to do.
Until that anti-gay baker down the street shows up at your bakery with a gun and forces you to stop baking gay wedding cakes.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Until that anti-gay baker down the street shows up at your bakery with a gun and forces you to stop baking gay wedding cakes.
You are uninformed and paranoid. How sad that you don't care.

Many of you need to educate yourself to what this bill is really about. I swear, it's like talking to children in here. It's easy to see who's read the bill and who hasn't.

No doubt gays frequent bakeries everyday and there is no issue, nor does the baker give a damn about their lifestyle. The customer gets served. But when someone comes in asking the baker to decorate a cake that the baker deems offensive due to his religious belief, the baker should have the right to refuse without getting sued. Period! That's all, folks! Nothing else to see here. That's what this bill is supporting. Don't believe me? Go read it!

Old 03-27-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I am gay, and I am usually respectful of others in the forums but Indiana is a scumbag state and has no place beng part of the USA, where all are equal. You Indiana people who allowed this to happen should be ASHAMED of yourselves. You are beneath contempt. I hope each and every person in Indiana gets to experience the pain YOU are inflcting on others across the country by allowng your ignorant religious extremist representatives to act this way.

BOYCOTT INDIANA.
What in the heck is your problem with the state of Indiana? You don't like specifically anti-gay legislation being disguised as religious freedom or something?

Indiana's government is all about helping gay people. Next thing on their agenda is to seize the assets of gay people and then move them by force into specially designed neighborhoods surrounded by high walls and armed guards, for their protection. If the government determines that it is safe for a gay person to leave the specially designed neighborhoods they will be given clothing with special star proudly displayed, so they can be easily recognized as gay people while out in public. If Indiana is willing to do all this great stuff for gay people, I really think you should reconsider your boycott.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
You are uninformed and paranoid. How sad that you don't care.

Many of you need to educate yourself to what this bill is really about. I swear, it's like talking to children in here. It's easy to see who's read the bill and who hasn't.

No doubt gays frequent bakeries everyday and there is no issue, nor does the baker give a damn about their lifestyle. The customer gets served. But when someone comes in asking the baker to decorate a cake that the baker deems offensive due to his religious belief, the baker should have the right to refuse without getting sued. Period! That's all, folks! Nothing else to see here. That's what this bill is supporting. Don't believe me? Go read it!

It'd be really easy for a baker to simply decline an offer to bake a cake, without explaining that they cannot bake the cake because some sort of moronic religious nonsense is preventing them from doing so. It is quite clear that this bill is a pathway to widespread discrimination of gay people and this time wasting nonsense needs to be viciously beaten down immediately.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM

8,338 posts, read 6,423,253 times
No matter haw badly you want to you can't force me to like gays, or accept them or have anything to do with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events