Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 09:40 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Your response is simply too sensible and grounded. Prepare to be attacked for it (and me, too).

It's a good bet the guy might actually get maimed - or even killed - in prison before the 10 years are up anyway. Most convicts don't respond well to child abusers of any sort, ironically.

Nevermind the fact he'll likely never get a job or have a life if he does survive and get out. He'll be a pariah, and likely end up homeless.
It doesn't matter what we don't know about the case. It doesn't matter that he might he might have a difficult time in prison - but in California they have special places where molesters are housed together (Special needs yards). and as far as being unemployable, unfortunately even people who steal a car and go to prison frequently can't get a job and likely end up homeless.

What matters is that the law does not give a judge discretion to ignore a mandatory minimum. I personally disagree with all mandatory minimums because I think they are draconian and they have nothing to do with justice or fairness. But they are what they are and a good number of them are in the Penal Code as a result of voter initiatives. In this case the only person who had discretion to avoid the mandatory minimum was the District Attorney who could have charged him with a lesser crime.

As far as this young man, his life was ruined when he decided to sodomize his 3 year old relative (and yes, she was related to him). IMO that makes him a very dangerous person and one who should probably be closely monitored when he is released to prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 10:08 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No violence... I had to check the definition of "sodomize" to understand how he could say that. And sure enough, it doesn't necessarily mean what I thought it meant.
I'm not sure how a grown man forcing himself on a 3 year old relative can in any way be construed as "no violence or callous disregard for well being". The toddler complained to her mother of pain.

Frankly, I am a little disgusted by those who are concerned for the welfare of this child molester. This is not children playing doctor but a grown man who was inexplicably aroused by a 3 year old. wtf?

Old 04-11-2015, 10:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I'm not sure how a grown man forcing himself on a 3 year old relative can in any way be construed as "no violence or callous disregard for well being". The toddler complained to her mother of pain.

Frankly, I am a little disgusted by those who are concerned for the welfare of this child molester. This is not children playing doctor but a grown man who was inexplicably aroused by a 3 year old. wtf?
I agree with you and he ripped her, how can someone feel badly for the molester? That to me, is worse then animalistic.....
3 years old.....yeah, he certainly deserves to have his life considered.....let him in jail with the others, and see what it's like for him to be raped the same way.
If anyone would have ever touched my son like that, I'd have to be sitting in jail....I think I'd lose it.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I agree with you and he ripped her, how can someone feel badly for the molester? That to me, is worse then animalistic.....
3 years old.....yeah, he certainly deserves to have his life considered.....let him in jail with the others, and see what it's like for him to be raped the same way.
If anyone would have ever touched my son like that, I'd have to be sitting in jail....I think I'd lose it.
Well, I may be able to tell you "how someone can feel badly for the molester". This guy was young and seriously DUMB and acted on an impulse that will negatively affect two lives (or more) for a very long time. To feel badly that someone showed such lack of impulse control, in one stupid minute destroying their own life before it's really even started not to mention the fact he did it to his own sister and will have to live with that forever.
Thankfully (for her) his sister is very young and will probably grow to get over this which is a good thing but she's going to have her own demons courtesy of her brother. She may never have a brother again and depending on her mother she may lose her two. Losing family members no matter what they've done can be very hard to deal with, especially for the victim.

So, while I don't feel "bad" that he's going to have to pay the legal price for his actions (though I do think the sentence is a bit draconian) even when that sentence is over he'll pay until the day he dies.

I feel sad for anyone who's put themselves in that position, what a waste...

Old 04-11-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, I may be able to tell you "how someone can feel badly for the molester". This guy was young and seriously DUMB and acted on an impulse that will negatively affect two lives (or more) for a very long time. To feel badly that someone showed such lack of impulse control, in one stupid minute destroying their own life before it's really even started not to mention the fact he did it to his own sister and will have to live with that forever.
Thankfully (for her) his sister is very young and will probably grow to get over this which is a good thing but she's going to have her own demons courtesy of her brother. She may never have a brother again and depending on her mother she may lose her two. Losing family members no matter what they've done can be very hard to deal with, especially for the victim.

So, while I don't feel "bad" that he's going to have to pay the legal price for his actions (though I do think the sentence is a bit draconian) even when that sentence is over he'll pay until the day he dies.

I feel sad for anyone who's put themselves in that position, what a waste...
For goodness sakes! At 20 years old he has been an adult for 2 years. Even a 15 year old kid knows not to assault a 3 year old. There is something seriously wrong with the wiring of this grown man. What he did is not "dumb" but sick and twisted. I shudder at how many posters here seem to be identifying with him.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
What actually happened? If the guy penetrated a 3-year-old with his penis then of course that is violent. But the judge said there was no violence. So we have to assume that didn't happen right?

Old 04-11-2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
What actually happened? If the guy penetrated a 3-year-old with his penis then of course that is violent. But the judge said there was no violence. So we have to assume that didn't happen right?
Why did the toddler complain to her mother about pain?

Old 04-12-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
The jury found him guilty of sexual intercourse with a three year old. Do you think he gently molested his sister? Only a sick, twisted reprobate could consider that to be non-violent. I have to wonder how many here who are sympathizing with the incestuous molester somehow identify with him.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:23 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Why did the toddler complain to her mother about pain?
I don't know. Apparently nobody here does. And without knowing what the actual crime was, we cannot judge the appropriate punishment. Unless you want to sentence all child sex offenders to death...

Old 04-12-2015, 12:47 AM

Quote:
I don't know. Apparently nobody here does. And without knowing what the actual crime was, we cannot judge the appropriate punishment. Unless you want to sentence all child sex offenders to death...
We do know what the crime was. He was found guilty of sexual intercourse. Mandatory sentencing is 25 years minimum.

Do not put words in my mouth, I never said to put all child molesters to death but I do expect the judge to follow mandatory sentencing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events