Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 04:40 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times

Advertisements

I can think of much better things to cut off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 04:41 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,639,614 times
The judge has been asked to resign.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:37 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
Why is anyone surprised? We are only just crawling out of the stone age when it comes to rape and our perception of it. Pedophilia was condoned by some ancient cultures- like the freaking Greeks whom we get so much of our civilization from.

Just a couple decades ago cops regularly ****-shamed children and women who were raped, or at the very least said "now, lets just forget about this, you don't want to go to trial and have everyone know do you"?

"He couldn't help himself"- and acting like this is normal behavior or that anyone's baby-raping switch could be so easily toggled should anger every decent man who ever protected his loved ones from idiots, or any father who ever had a daughter he loved and cared for- in fact- any real man ever. Rape isn't something that happens when a normal man "just can't help himself". Its a crime of power, and has as little to do with real sex as a bullet. A rape is committed by a man who likes and is turned on by the helpless. Like this guy, who will undoubtably go on to mess up the lives of countless other children.

I agree with the poster- he is most probably a pedo himself, most assuredly. How could you not be a pedo apologist and a pedo at the same time?

Old 04-09-2015, 06:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
To everyone in this thread, would you have rather been touched as a child or murdered as a young adult? This is the reason the sentences shouldn't be the same.

Should his sentence have been the same, or even CLOSE, to those who committed the same type of crime?

Old 04-09-2015, 06:44 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
Now these people should be in jail, not 25 year old teachers who bone (sexually active) 15 year olds.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:08 PM

546 posts, read 408,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
So you're saying if he chose to rape an adult woman instead, that would be somewhat more acceptable? I don't think the age of a victim means that the crime matters more. Besides, it's the justice system, not the punishment system. I think the judge and jury know more about the case than any of us do.

I'm sick of people placing children and old people on a pedestal. A 30 year old can be just as helpless and scared against an attacker as a kid or a grandma. It's just ageism.
Helpless and scared, yes.

As physically damaged, possibly for life? Probably not.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:26 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Should his sentence have been the same, or even CLOSE, to those who committed the same type of crime?
Not if the sentence of all the other similar offenders was way too long.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
That's what people in Saudi Arabia, China, Iran, Texas and Singapore believe. So you're basically saying anyone who commits any kind of crime, should be shot on sight? I am VERY sorry you were molested and I have a lot of sympathy for you, but it's sad it has turned you into such a bitter and unforgiving person. I'm not saying you should forgive your abuser, I think you should do whatever makes you happiest, but I mean the vengeful attitude in general.

I was abused a lot as a child. By my own family and my peers. I can't remember if I was ever sexually abused as a child, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was and just don't remember. I know I don't like when people touch me and I'm afraid of doctors, but that could just be my autism. I know I was verbally and physically abused for being autistic but people see that as "nothing" compared to sexual abuse. Even though I cut myself and jumped off bridges as a teenager because I hated myself as a result of all the harsh criticism and physical pain I endured from a very small age.

I have been molested as a teenage/adult a couple of times (nothing close to rape though), and while it was humiliating and shameful it wasn't any worse than the beatings I've endured.
just b/c you and I disagree doesn't make me a vengeful person.....and just b/c I was abused as a child, doesn't make me vengeful

Let me tell you, I was 5 years old when it started....and I'm not writing this with any kind of anger....it kept up until I was 12 years old....

any child abuse is unacceptable, and I apologize for the fact that your parents shouldn't have been parents, but the beauty of it was, that b/c of your parents you go to experience one of the greatest gifts which is LIFE. And that is the way I feel...

I cannot speak for you or judge you, but what I can do is speak from my experiences....
I have seen first hand what molestation of a child can do to lives, do to the children of those lives.

I'm far from bitter, but I'm tough, and I've had to be....have never left what has happened to me, bring me down, in the stead, it's brought me to who and where I am today....however, my cousins were not so lucky!!!

Wanting to protect children, isn't a vengeful attitude, it is out of great concern and love....
Child molestation doesn't stop with one or two children...it is the most degrading thing an adult can do to a child....

you and I went thru the very same emotions....and again, I am very sorry you were treated in such a horrid way....

however, our laws are not tough enough....I am 66 years old now and have seen a lot...people in this country have become weak minded....and crime is worse then it's ever been....there is a loss of great compassion for others....seems like humans feel more empathy for dogs, then they do our own children, and everyone's child is our child....we are adults and responsible for them....

So, while you feel much compassion for child abusers, I cannot, and will not...they are a menace to society...and they sexually abuse a whole lot of children...and because we are all made up differently, we cannot all think and feel like you do....I commend you....for your compassion....but in my way of thinking, God would have much more compassion for the innocence of a child that was abused....

My mother raised me single, and I to was abused physically and mentally...she should have never been a parent...neither should my mother's sister....that family was mentally off balance....it a huge way...due to abuse....

Like I said, i was fortunate, and had a family who I was with, other wise, I might be a child abuser myself, and I get down on my hands and knees and thank God, every single day, for bringing that family into my life....b/c not in every case, but in some cases, children parrot how they were treated growing up...

So, yes, to end my rant, I will say again, that child molestation is a disease that cannot be cured, sad but true, and I'm inclinded to believe that a whole lot of adults that sexually abuse children, were probably abused themselves....and there are many worse cases then you and I know about....therefore, as sorry as they are, it cannot be compared to the harm they do to their child victims...and if that is vengeful in your yes, I won't be sorry...call me any name you like, but it is wrong to think that everyone should feel like you do and possess your belief system....it is sometimes necessary for this country to take action that is not so nice to protect the multitude of children....and it is high time, they put molesters away for life...b/c the disease that have is incurable....the rehabilitation rate is 1%.

If you have cancer, you cut it out, you don't let it go and feel sorry for it.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
However, if you are 65 banging a 18 year old you are a winner. Seems a bit arbitrary to me.

No. Not really. While it may be legal, it doesn't change the fact that you're a perv!

Old 04-10-2015, 06:49 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
A district attorney cannot appeal a sentence just for being too lenient, unless it was illegally imposed in some other way. Only the convicted can appeal a sentence, for being excessive.
That's only true if the lenient sentence was entirely lawful to begin with. In this case, there seems to be a statutory minimum sentence for such child sex crimes, which the judge did not apply because s/he thought it constituted cruel and unusual punishment under the constitution. Here, the district attorney can absolutely appeal with the hope of having the judge's constitutional ruling reversed, forcing the judge to impose the statutory minimum. We see such appeals all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events