Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:24 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

Color me confused. I have no idea what you are talking about.
You were making some rant about how we don't teach men blah blah blah and how they are all bad blah blah blah....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 02:24 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
That, and someone(s) created this shirt and people are paying money for it.

I'm curious if anyone called him out on it. Then again, everyone was probably too wasted or high to even care or notice. Also part of the problem.
As well in this case, people being too wasted or high to care what was happening around them. Creates a bit of an anything goes environment.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:17 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Lynching rope? Classy. I don't want these guys lynched, I want them put in jail where they belong, but I also want to bring awareness to the fact that there are a whole bunch of people in this country who IMMEDIATELY respond to rape accusations with:

A- she lied about saying no,
B- she shouldn't have been where she was,
C-she shouldn't have worn that,
D-she shouldn't have been doing what she was doing,
E-she flirted with the guy,

and the parade of excuses goes on and on. IT HAS TO STOP. People need to teach their sons to STOP FORCING THEMSELVES ON OTHER PEOPLE'S DAUGHTERS.

Um, I did read original (disgusting, rape exusing) post. Here, below, so you can read the drivel that you typed.

A person who is incapacitated is unable to consent to sex. Period.
You're hysterical and way too emotionally invested. I am not choosing sides here. All too often we see cases in which the initial report divulged some but not all of the details. People like you automatically side one-way on an issue without having ALL of the facts. Good thing you aren't a judge.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Once again for posterity: The victim was 19 years old and incapacitated during the attack, sheriff’s spokeswoman Ruth Corley told the Los Angeles Times. “Investigators believe she was drugged,†she said. “Possibly Molly or roofies.â€

You seem to be siding with the rapists and that makes me disgusted with you. If this was your daughter I hope you would think more clearly. Maybe not...
"Believe" and "possibly" are not definitive. That is speculative language. I couldn't care less that you are disgusted with me. You mean absolutely nothing to me. Unlike you and others of your ilk on here, I don't hinge my self-esteem on the approval of anonymous forum posters.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
They actually don't happen as often. False rape reports are made just about as often as false theft reports or false kidnapping reports, which is a single digit percentage of all reported crimes. It's much, much more likely that a sexual assault will not be reported to authorities at all, because the victim feels confused, embarrassed, or ashamed of what happened. Which means the guys who do this sort of thing are often roaming the streets, free to do it again without consequence.
To your point, you are correct that many rapes go unreported for fear of shame or embarassment. However, I have seen enough false reports made after a consensual sexual encounter to know that some women are out for their pound of flesh after being rejected post-sex or had some other agenda. If these suspects are proven guilty I would hope they spend life in prison. I have zero sympathy for rapists. But there are folks here who are quick to make snap judgments because I didn't grab my torch and pitchfork and demand their heads before a full investigation and trial.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:28 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Here's a question for everyone.

Do you believe in the mob mentality of gang rapes? IOW, do you believe it when men say that otherwise good people get caught up in/pressured into this sort of crime, especially when the rapists in question are young men? I've heard that excuse quite a bit and I'm curious as to what others think.

I think its pretty much bull****. If you were a good person, you'd hightail it out of there and get the police or you'd stop the others from hurting the woman. Surely, men aren't this impressionable.

Was she the only woman on the beach?

Instead of just making it about men, how about the mentality today to just stand around a film violence? It's nonsense they don't get involved because they're afraid, if you're afraid you don't stand four feet away and film it, it's also nonsense that they film it for the police, they film it because they view it as entertainment. You often hear hooping and hollering when vicious attacks are being filmed.

Let's not just blame men, what about the young women on this beach who knew something was going on and did nothing either?

It just takes one person to speak up and others will join in, sometimes you have to take the lead and be that person regardless of gender.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:39 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You were making some rant about how we don't teach men blah blah blah and how they are all bad blah blah blah....
That's not what I said.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:42 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Was she the only woman on the beach?

Instead of just making it about men, how about the mentality today to just stand around a film violence? It's nonsense they don't get involved because they're afraid, if you're afraid you don't stand four feet away and film it, it's also nonsense that they film it for the police, they film it because they view it as entertainment. You often hear hooping and hollering when vicious attacks are being filmed.

Let's not just blame men, what about the young women on this beach who knew something was going on and did nothing either?

It just takes one person to speak up and others will join in, sometimes you have to take the lead and be that person regardless of gender.
I'm talking about men who participate in gang rapes. Not all men.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:44 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
rape suspects: Delonte Martistee, 22, of Bainbridge, Ga., and Ryan Austin Calhoun, 23, of Mobile, Ala.
Figures, I knew before I even clicked. . . .that they are from Alabama.

Mick

Old 04-14-2015, 04:56 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
More then likely, she was the one propagating her services in a drunken stupor and her "clientele" agreed. Women need to take responsibility for their behaviors or else things like this will continue happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events