Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 03:32 PM

387 posts, read 356,192 times

Advertisements

By the way someone should send this story to Mel Gibson....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 03:36 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,972,699 times
Not sure what is so appealing about "Spring Break" in Florida, especially when it's an atmosphere that is rife with this kind of culture and young people making costly mistakes and living with even more costly regrets.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Spot on Byron

And Georgian - maybe you should take animals posing as men into acct before making your decisions. It's a different world out there today as demonstrated by no one making an effort to stop them or get help.

Every year we hear more and more reports of incidents happening during Spring Break. It use to be a time to lay back, get drunk and maybe get laid. We now have a society where many young people have no morals or ethics. Kids are growing up without supervision or guidance. Campus rapes are on the increase - so to go to a spot with little supervision or law presence and not be aware of your surroundings and those in it is stupid - male - female - I don't care. People lose control and especially under the influence of drugs or alcohol due things that are not the norm.

A woman is not responsible for the actions of a man but she is responsible for her own actions which may give off the wrong impression. Sorry.
Nothing could be farther than the truth than this comment/line of thinking....If anything I would guess that rates of per capita rape are DECLINING just like every other form of violent crime is in most parts of the world....I know people like to pretend that their era was "superior" because it makes them feel special and cool, but this type of thinking just doesn't stand up to the evidence we have.....I'm sorry if it hurts to hear that....

You should read into the amount/type of rapes that were committed during WW2 by the so called "Greatest generation".....Those rapes make what these spring breakers do look like chivalry .....

Old 04-16-2015, 03:37 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Probably because she was drugged, and not screaming hysterically about being raped?

I have enough faith in humanity to assume that, for the majority of onlookers, they didn't realize it wasn't consensual for the reasons you stated.

I can't imagine scores of human beings just ignoring a rape, if they knew it was rape.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:42 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Young girls should not have to worry about being drugged and raped, but they do. It is sad and pathetic to read all of the posts blaming the victim. Isn't that common with some men? It says a lot about them to me. They must be men who believe women are asking for it by the company they keep or the way they dress. There is no excuse for this type of behavior, and the bystanders who did nothing should be punished too. Maybe she was not wise, but she did not deserve this type of treatment, and how many 19 year olds are wise?

company you keep yes but not clothing choices. Hang with riff raff and bad things are likely to happen and you are partly to blame.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:44 PM

3,324 posts, read 2,136,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Nothing could be farther than the truth than this comment/line of thinking....If anything I would guess that rates of per capita rape are DECLINING just like every other form of violent crime is in most parts of the world....I know people like to pretend that their era was "superior" because it makes them feel special and cool, but this type of thinking just doesn't stand up to the evidence we have.....I'm sorry if it hurts to hear that....

You should read into the amount/type of rapes that were committed during WW2 by the so called "Greatest generation".....Those rapes make what these spring breakers do look like chivalry .....
And every generation in between for that matter. My aunt attended Woodstock and my parents went to college when quaaludes (and orgies) were the rage. My older brother and cousins saw the rise of cocaine, and I was unfortunate enough to see friends prone to the ecstasy (and resurrection of orgies) trend. People may be more brazen today and the drugs of choice may have changed, but the underlying behaviors are largely the same.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Young girls should not have to worry about being drugged and raped, but they do. It is sad and pathetic to read all of the posts blaming the victim. Isn't that common with some men? It says a lot about them to me. They must be men who believe women are asking for it by the company they keep or the way they dress. There is no excuse for this type of behavior, and the bystanders who did nothing should be punished too. Maybe she was not wise, but she did not deserve this type of treatment, and how many 19 year olds are wise?
No they shouldn't be Moderator cut: personal remarks They have absolutely no obligation to intervene in anyway shape or form and I'm assuming many of them didn't even realize or think a rape was occurring.

Obviously they SHOULD have intervened (if they realized a rape was occurring) but they have no obligation to help anyone other than themselves....Case closed.

The only obligation a person has is to help themselves....Obviously it's better to help others, but you are not obligated to in any way shape or form....Case closed....You help/protect yourself from threats and if not well you better hope (key word is hope not obligation) that others are brave/kind enough to help you....

Last edited by Marka; 04-22-2015 at 02:45 AM..

Old 04-16-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, like in the Duke case? Or the UVA case?

WTH are you talking about? They go after frats, athletes etc with guns blazing before even getting proof anymore.

P.S. The one guy in the story is on a sports team....or was...he's already been kicked off. Again, wth.

She must have never heard of brian banks either. Life completely ruined by false rape accusation. 0 consequences for the female who admitted to lying. She gets a million dollars from the school district and he loses a scholoraship to usc and most likely an nfl career, spends 5 years in prison.

Spillman on dallas was accused of sexual assault when with the niners and he was proven innocent

Nate allen who was a philli eagle was also falsely accused of rape/sexual assault. Proven to be phony.

Darren shaper ex nfl player is being prosecuted for rapes in 4 states. So no being a star doesn't get you off if anything it makes you a target.

I love people like trishguard who just hear something and then run with with it.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:08 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
I will bow out now and let this thread further devolve.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
This shows how stupid youth has become nowadays...

gimme a break dude his has gone on forever always has been and always will be an element of scum in the world. Now that 99% of the population has a camera phone things are likely to be caught on camera. U really think that at Woodstock or whatever where everyone was spun on lsd and whatever this didn't happen? The past wasn't all like leave it to beaver and the brady bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events